Flashing Rom advice

Guest Maxctran

Guest Maxctran

Hiya I'm currently on the stock T-mobile BOHH5 rom and was thinking of updating it with Taril's new custom rom, but I haven't done it before and was wondering if when i update the rom will it format the 'my storage' memory or just the phone memory? as i've got a lot of stuff (music, maps, etc) on there already.

Also I am not sure if i need to flash the rom to DXHK3 or DXHK first as the instuctions below before i can change to Taril's DXIA2

If you have never updated your Omnia with custom rom and your rom's version is earlier than ??HG4 (for example DXHG3, ABC and number order HE7 < HF1 < HG2 < HG4 < HH7 < HI3 < HJ1 < etc...) first and ALWAYS update with the official Samsung firmware form here (Select Philippines): OFFICIAL SAMSUNG FIRMWARE

• If your Omnia's version ends with ??HG4 (for example DXHG4) or later (ABC and number order HG4 < HH7 < HI3 < HJ1 < etc...) you can update this firmware first: ***FIRST-STEP FIRMWARE UPDATE*** for Omnia version ??HG4 and later

Guest shokka9

it shouldnt format your my storage unless you tell it to do so.

Always back up your data anyway, before updating your Omnia (its good practice).

Try updating straight to Tarils ROM, if it doesn't work, then try the method he suggests, you will only need to flash the ROM he suggests. Once that has been updated, then flash to Tarils latest ROM.

Good luck.