Questions on cooking.

Guest i900rc

Hi, i'm new to the WM6 and have little knowledge about itsutils but have managed to dump 3 .raw files of my ROM. I would like to cook my own ROM over time but am stuck. I can't create a backup of my official vodafone rom. What i would like to know is how to convert my 3 .raw files into 3 .bin files or any other extention that will work with usdl\mirage?

thanks

You should dump the complete image and not the separate parts, since some information is lost that way.

This is how to do it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=25

What you get is an "os.nb" image. You can then use "osnbtool -2bin os.nb" to convert it to a bin format. The result is an "os.nb.bin" file, which is the PDA.bin .

Edited by liads

You should dump the complete image and not the separate parts, since some information is lost that way.

This is how to do it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=25

What you get is an "os.nb" image. You can then use "osnbtool -2bin os.nb" to convert it to a bin format. The result is an "os.nb.bin" file, which is the PDA.bin .

Hey,thanks for the answer... was hoping to get the other two parts (raidio & eprom) as well- just to have a look at them. If you can point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it! ..... Thanks for advice so far!

cheers

Hi, i'm new to the WM6 and have little knowledge about itsutils but have managed to dump 3 .raw files of my ROM. I would like to cook my own ROM over time but am stuck. I can't create a backup of my official vodafone rom. What i would like to know is how to convert my 3 .raw files into 3 .bin files or any other extention that will work with usdl\mirage?

thanks

I too started doing this with my original Vodafone ROM. However there are Vodafone Official ROMs available from the Samsung website so apart from being a useful exercise(?) my vote is the latter.