Max Complete Customizable TF3D Theme for Touch HD

Guest maxycy

Guest gazbert

Well I turned on my HD this morning and it was well knackered. Image corruption on practically every tab. No screen shots cos I've just hard reset it and restored my sprite backup.

I think we need a way of clearing out an entire theme before applying a new one. Clearly there are issues if you don't. It'd also be nice to be able to go back to the default theme without hard resetting.

Guest Blessed HD
hi, this is a very nice theme. I really like the Analog clock.

1) Is there anyway for me just only to retrieve the Analog Clock instead of installing the whole theme? i.e. which *manila files are associated with the Analog Clock?

2) similar question to no.1, I would like to have the 15 tabs too. Which *manila files should I pull to get 15 tabs?

Thanks.

@maesus..

There's a .cab for 15 tabs :D just look for it in xda-developers forum..

@Maxycy..

Brilliant themes, especially the amazing clocks! :)

Same question here..

You've managed to make Analoge clock work along with the "background 4 all" concept!

It would be GREAT if you could extract the clock for us :)

Note: there's a bug in the black theme (settings tab not working properly)

Well I turned on my HD this morning and it was well knackered. Image corruption on practically every tab. No screen shots cos I've just hard reset it and restored my sprite backup.

I think we need a way of clearing out an entire theme before applying a new one. Clearly there are issues if you don't. It'd also be nice to be able to go back to the default theme without hard resetting.

The cleanest way to get back to the orignal theme is to delete all *_manila file. Do not be afraid of doing that as your ROM will re-create the original files again. You DO NOT need to do a Hard Reset for this. But, since I'm a nice guy :) . I will provide a list of lesser files to delete later on the tutorial section.

BTW, found out the CULPRIT in the Settings issue. Will post a new cab later.

Guest gazbert
The cleanest way to get back to the orignal theme is to delete all *_manila file. Do not be afraid of doing that as your ROM will re-create the original files again. You DO NOT need to do a Hard Reset for this. But, since I'm a nice guy :) . I will provide a list of lesser files to delete later on the tutorial section.

BTW, found out the CULPRIT in the Settings issue. Will post a new cab later.

Good to know. I'll keep my eyes open.

Once thing though. How do you delete them all? I'm trying through Activesync but just get an error telling me I can't delete them because they might be read only, or write protected or currently in use. I've turned off touchflo 3d in Today settings and rebooted but still can't delete.

Edited by gazbert

Guest 27707143

Once thing though. How do you delete them all? I'm trying through Activesync but just get an error telling me I can't delete them because they might be read only, or write protected or currently in use. I've turned off touchflo 3d in Today settings and rebooted but still can't delete.

i am sorry to say that it can't work in my hd, the touchflo3D fails to launch and Keep showing the text" tap here to launch touch flo 3d, launching touchflo 3d" again and again

Guest squirreleater

Hi,

Got it working last night, Tried installing the abstract theme and it seemed to work, then changed the wallpaper back to black and bingo, works a treat.

I did notice when i tried to put it back with the original HTC theme it wasn't too good, you could see the new one behind it and things weren't working very well.So, i would just like to know how to remove it should i get issues later?

That said, looks good, many thanks.

OK....I have updated and repackage all the files. Hopefully, this will eliminate the complexity and problems seen so far. Let me know how it goes.......I'll be here for a while longer.... :)

Guest Blessed HD

Using TF3D Config -- Appearance -- Restore Default

This will help you delete all manila files & return to the original theme..

Guest capreo83

Hi

Sorry to bother you with this, but i've searched and can't find an answer.. I am trying to follow your guide to get my original settings, but i cant manage to delete theese manila files. I've tried with AS, and also total commander, but can't delete them. I've disabled tf3d, and even restarted the hd, but it still say the files are in use, or "write protected".. The reason i want to do this "clean up" of my manila files is that i have some "custom tabs" from before, and they wond be deleted with the "remove program" function on the hd.. Want a clean start before i install your work!

Is there a way to delete this files?

Hi

Sorry to bother you with this, but i've searched and can't find an answer.. I am trying to follow your guide to get my original settings, but i cant manage to delete theese manila files. I've tried with AS, and also total commander, but can't delete them. I've disabled tf3d, and even restarted the hd, but it still say the files are in use, or "write protected".. The reason i want to do this "clean up" of my manila files is that i have some "custom tabs" from before, and they wond be deleted with the "remove program" function on the hd.. Want a clean start before i install your work!

Is there a way to delete this files?

Look up... :)

Guest capreo83
Look up... :)

:D Saw it now, but still, would be nice to be able to delete files! Or is it imposible? And, does tf3d config for diamond work with the hd, or is there a dedicated version i haven't found yet?

:) Hi maxycy.

Awesome theme well done!! I hail from XDA-Developers forums but will be keeping an eye on these modaco pages from now on.

Would it be possible for a settings addition to change the tabs order without editing the xml file, i.e. for knoobs like me?

Many thanks again for an excellant theme..

My current background with your excellant theme..

Hi, can you tell me, how you get both clocks on one screen

thx

:) Saw it now, but still, would be nice to be able to delete files! Or is it imposible? And, does tf3d config for diamond work with the hd, or is there a dedicated version i haven't found yet?

Tested and works perfectly.....not sure abt the other function though :D

Hi, can you tell me, how you get both clocks on one screen

thx

It's complicated....you don't want to know. This involves hacking the mode9 files and a lot of trial and error.

Guest gazbert
:) Saw it now, but still, would be nice to be able to delete files! Or is it imposible? And, does tf3d config for diamond work with the hd, or is there a dedicated version i haven't found yet?

I don't believe you need to delete all files. Quite a lot of the _manila files are in ROM so can't be deleted. When I delete them about 1198 files don't get deleted. I think these are the ones that are built-in. I definitely get back to the default settings when I do the delete, even though these still remain.

Guest capreo83

Tested now with the Diamond tf3d config v 0.6.7, and it woked fine, back to basic's! I use hd tweak for the other stuff:) Anyways, now, installing your stuff:)

Guest RiceBurner

You're probably going to shout at me now....

but (now that I've downloaded all the different cabs you put up this afternoon, natch), I've realised that 1 .cab file that installed the full monty (15 tabs, analogue clock, black theme, etc - all the "default" bits) would be a good idea - do you still have it? (for starters - I can't tell which cab is which in the normal HD file-explorer - the names are too long!)

Looks like a top theme btw - I've also downloaded the "no-curtains.cab" from XDA and am planning to try the "Vista" top bar cab too - so I'll let you know if I have compatibility issues.

Many thanks for your work!

Edited by RiceBurner

Guest squirreleater

Hi, Looks great, really pleased with this.

A couple of issues that may just be me-not your theme!

My appointments don't show up on the home screen? any ideas?

When the touchflo was loading i had a battery bar in the corner with a **% above it stating the battery strength- but once it finished loading up it vanished? I removed the Batti battery indicator i had running but it didn't help- i would like that as it's nice and neat. Again, any ideas

Cheers.Stu

Guest RiceBurner

Ok - now it's installed (Main.cab, 15Tabs.cab, DoubleRingAClock.cab), I have a couple of comments/queries:

1) the Settings tab - it has lost the "Order tabs" option, but still has the "Sound" & "Communications" options - which are defunct now that those two options are in the bottom menu - this strikes me as a bit odd....

2) er - why have the "Data - weather" option on settings?? It's easily found in the "Weather" tab.

3) The analogue clock LOOKS FAB! But when you boot up it stays at 12:00 until the flip clock changes - I can understand why, but it didn't half make me think the device had frozen when I first booted it up!

4) The "About" option in Settings doesn't do anything. Did it before?? I can't remember, and I can't easily find out without apparantly manually removing all the "_manilla" files? Is that right? Are you planning to have the cabs properly "uninstallable" (is that a word???) in the future? I'd like to remove the "15Tabs" part because I don't think I'll use the extra ones (Call History is available direct on Home Page, Sounds I wouldn't play with too much, Calendar doesn't do anything, Comm Manager I have set on the Right SoftKey on home anyway and the new Settings tab doesn't make sense to me (as noted above). Am I right that the only way to achieve this is to remove the entire Theme system and re-install the Main and Clock .cabs?

5) If you like to have the "no-curtains" looks - don't bother to put the "black.jpg" file in place - looks good. :) Although the tab bar isn't properly transparent - but it works ok. - well - actually it IS fully transparent in "People","Photos & Videos" but not in "Programs", or "Call History" (oddly).

6) The Calendar is a little lacking in functionality - is that right?? (it just highlights today)??

7) Comm Manager tab doesn't include the "Data Connection" option (I like to be able to turn that off to save battery life).

8) I LUURVE the Abstract background image - very nice indeed. :D

Overall I like it a lot - but in the first 15 minutes of playing - the above stood out as "niggles". I appreciate the system itself very much indeed!

Edited by RiceBurner

Guest RiceBurner
Tested now with the Diamond tf3d config v 0.6.7, and it woked fine, back to basic's! I use hd tweak for the other stuff:) Anyways, now, installing your stuff:)

Anyone got a link to this magically restorative program??

edit - so others don't need to search XDA : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=405749

Edited by RiceBurner