ROM Updating, Dutch Omnia

Guest TimMun

Hi There,

First post here since I recently got my Omnia. Very happy with it but looking for a better ROM and hopefully I can install TouchFlo aswell then.

The reason I can't get Manilla2D TouchFlo to work is, i think, because I have a Dutch version. (firmware XKHJ3)

Can I just flash the newest custom rom from the "Samsung i900 - OMNIA ***** CUSTOM ROM ***** 30.01.2009, DXIA2 pack with Adobe Flash Lite 3.1 / .NetCF 3.5 / Chinese input" topic right over it?

And those roms work like a World Wide English rom right?

I would really like to install the TouchFlo on it so I can use the theme thats on the pic I attached.

Thank You,

And if theres anything I should know for a newbie, please do tell!

Thanks again.

post-493210-1233945879_thumb.jpg

Edited by TimMun

Guest MrJoneswii
Hi There,

First post here since I recently got my Omnia. Very happy with it but looking for a better ROM and hopefully I can install TouchFlo aswell then.

The reason I can't get Manilla2D TouchFlo to work is, i think, because I have a Dutch version. (firmware XKHJ3)

Can I just flash the newest custom rom from the "Samsung i900 - OMNIA ***** CUSTOM ROM ***** 30.01.2009, DXIA2 pack with Adobe Flash Lite 3.1 / .NetCF 3.5 / Chinese input" topic right over it?

And those roms work like a World Wide English rom right?

I would really like to install the TouchFlo on it so I can use the theme thats on the pic I attached.

Thank You,

And if theres anything I should know for a newbie, please do tell!

Thanks again.

Every custom rom out there is English, unless it specifically mentions that it's in another language. Please keep in mind that your phone will not be in dutch anymore. I would suggest making a backup of the rom you have.

Also, I think that if you want M2D on your phone, it's better to flash immediately with an M2D rom instead of flashing to a lite rom and installing M2D afterwards.

Every custom rom out there is English, unless it specifically mentions that it's in another language. Please keep in mind that your phone will not be in dutch anymore. I would suggest making a backup of the rom you have.

Also, I think that if you want M2D on your phone, it's better to flash immediately with an M2D rom instead of flashing to a lite rom and installing M2D afterwards.

Thanks for the info.

I flashed the "M2D03" rom on my Omnia, works great! :)

One more question; I see a lot of roms that don't have Office Mobile installed. Is there a way I can backup Office Mobile? I can't seem to find the folder on my Omnia.

Edited by TimMun