activesync not connecting

Guest brockman04

Guest brockman04

hi all

i have a verizon omnia that i cannot get to connect to activesync.cust support had ne remove ,reinstall,updated,etc.but still when i connect i get a critical communications error.

then the sync says connected...but is not.if i click explore i get the communications error again.

any help is greatly appreciated.

What kind of error are you getting? maybe you could state the full error code (message)

Sometimes I have experienced that my HP 614 did not connect either and that an USB device error pops up. However it is usually solved by either rebooting the PC or the device itself. Did you try that as well?

i have just done a hard reset and it still won't connect.same error.i disabled my firewall on the pc also.

hmmm indeed strange, especially i you do a hard reset, and the problem persist. Seems that the problem might be related to the PC itself and not the device

Well, if you could let us know the exact error message you get we might be able to help you further.

Also what version of Active Sync are you using?

man !! you guys are the bomb !!!that worked super !!! Thanks

Great B) Good to know. Let us know in details what you did so others might be able to follow the advice as well :(