Tmobile BOHH5 flashed successfully

Guest Jimmy X

Guest Jimmy X

I have noticed a few posts asking for information on flashing BOHH5. I gave it a go (checking my phone was insured against "having a bath" if it failed.)

For those who want to know here is the process as I did it (in a nutshell I used an official samsung ROM first then the hacked one).

1) installed activesync 4.5

2) installed samsung modem

3) switched phone off and plugged usb into PC

4) disconnected other usb devices except mouse and KB

5) Ran official i900DXHJ1 flasher (downloaded from samsung)

6) I didnt choose to wipe my storage area from the option

7) waited.

8) panicked when I got a bunch of errors about not finding a COM port (but waited)

9) waited more - be patient

10) When told it had finished I rebooted the phone.

11) phone will reboot a couple of times - once during the WM screen

12) repeated steps 5) onwards but with i900-DXHL3-FINAL-OMNIA-MODACO.COM ROM instead

13) smugly sat back at my vastly improved battery life (but I still needed to soft reset to reliably get my GPS to work first time)

I bought my phone in december 2008 and it had the usual TMobile firmware. One thing you will lose is the regular messaging - you get the conversation messaging instead although a registry tweak fixes that.

Paranoid people may think about using a UPS as I wouldnt like to lose power midway through....

MODERATORS: I acctidentally cross posted here - can you remove as appropriate please: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...d-successfully/