internet via computer????? is it possible

Guest vantunov1

Guest vantunov1

a Big Huge question!!!!!

maybe even SSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stupid :(

but i wanna know is it possible to browse the net NOT using wireless or gprs, 3G then normal modem (adsl)conection from my computer????

for an example: i connect via usb, and i go on modaco like i do everyday with my comp., just in this case omnia?????

is it possible?

and if it is?

please tell me how?

thx

WEX

a Big Huge question!!!!!

maybe even SSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stupid B)

but i wanna know is it possible to browse the net NOT using wireless or gprs, 3G then normal modem (adsl)conection from my computer????

for an example: i connect via usb, and i go on modaco like i do everyday with my comp., just in this case omnia?????

is it possible?

and if it is?

please tell me how?

thx

WEX

it is possible, just connect the omnia with the data cable provided to ur computer already connected to the internet. depending on the operating system u have, in XP it is activesync ( which u have to download separately , if u didnt already install it) or in Vista it is Windows Mobile device center (which is preinstalled in vsta by default) .

ur omnia will be detected and connected to the computer, then u can browse the internet from the omnia.

actualy it is a bit stupid becase u will have to sit next to ur computer to be able to do this, thereby eliminating the wireless and free usability that comes from the wifi in omnia, and it is better to browse the internet from ur computer as it will load the pages way faster than omnia ( unless u have a pentium 3 ,500Mhz PC and 64 SDRAM :P:P )

anyways....

best of luck with that :(

Guest MrJoneswii
a Big Huge question!!!!!

maybe even SSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stupid :(

is it possible?

and if it is?

please tell me how?

thx

WEX

Make sure that you do the following

1. Windows Mobile device center => Connection settings => this computer is connected to: The Internet

2. Settings => Conn=> Browser settings => automatically detect...

3. Settings => Conn => USB to PC => disable "Advanced Network..."

Guest vantunov1
Make sure that you do the following

1. Windows Mobile device center => Connection settings => this computer is connected to: The Internet

2. Settings => Conn=> Browser settings => automatically detect...

3. Settings => Conn => USB to PC => disable "Advanced Network..."

where do i find win mob device centre?

settings conn????

pls! fck it i'm new sorry

p.s im on XP!!!

Edited by vantunov1

settings conn????

if ur desktop computer has Windows vista installed , windows mobile device center is already installed in it, just plug the omnia and it will pop pup.

if u have win XP, then have a look on microsoft webpage or google for activesync ver 4.5 and install it.

Guest vantunov1
if ur desktop computer has Windows vista installed , windows mobile device center is already installed in it, just plug the omnia and it will pop pup.

if u have win XP, then have a look on microsoft webpage or google for activesync ver 4.5 and install it.

yess ofcourse i have that too,

BUT!!!!!

i can't seem to connect

int.explorer doesn't work

and opera doesn't work either....

dunno what to do :(

Guest MrJoneswii

settings conn????

p.s im on XP!!!

1. Activesync 4.5 for XP http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-...5.mspx#download

2. On your phone go to Settings => Connections => Browser Settings => automatically detect...

3. On your phone go to Settings => Connections => USB to PC => disable "Advanced network..."

Guest vantunov1
1. Activesync 4.5 for XP http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-...5.mspx#download

2. On your phone go to Settings => Connections => Browser Settings => automatically detect...

3. On your phone go to Settings => Connections => USB to PC => disable "Advanced network..."

did it, and then:

"""The page you're looking for cannot be found due to unknown error 0x80072f78"""

hmmm....

Guest vantunov1
look

18663283cc0.th.jpg

OKOK i managed to to it! the problem was i 'm using the spb, kyro,vista theme, and i entered settings through spb, but i wasnt able to find usb to pc, si i couldn't disable that advance thing....

now i did it!!!!

a lot of thanks to you guys!!!

million :( B)

Guest leethesparky

my pc at work is on xp , i use a bluetooth dongle to connect to activesync and this also allows me to use the internet on the phone through the pc's internet connection :(

• 2 months later...
Guest marixei

I have problem to connect to inernet vis usb...I am conected with acitve sync and followed these steps:

1. On your phone go to Settings => Connections => Browser Settings => automatically detect...

2. On your phone go to Settings => Connections => USB to PC => disable "Advanced network..."

however still not working..can anyone help?

Guest Yunabeco

If your carrier requires you to use a proxy to connect to the wireless network using a data connection, you may have to change the network information.

To do this:

In Settings, Connections tab, tap on the Connections icon. In there, tap on the Advanced tab at the bottom, and on the "Select Networks" button.

Below the first choice (take note of the current selection), tap on "New..." to create a new network. Name it whatever you want, then head to the "Proxy Settings" tab at the bottom and check "This network connects to the Internet". Then click the OK button at the top right corner.

You'll be back on the network selection. On the first list choice, select the network you just created, then tap OK.

From that point, if you want to connect through the data connection of your carrier, you'll have to go back to Connections > Advanced and choose the original choice in the first selection.

If you want to connect through the PC, you'll have to choose the new connection.

This is a pain in the butt, and I don't know how to automate it.

Guest marixei
If your carrier requires you to use a proxy to connect to the wireless network using a data connection, you may have to change the network information.

To do this:

In Settings, Connections tab, tap on the Connections icon. In there, tap on the Advanced tab at the bottom, and on the "Select Networks" button.

Below the first choice (take note of the current selection), tap on "New..." to create a new network. Name it whatever you want, then head to the "Proxy Settings" tab at the bottom and check "This network connects to the Internet". Then click the OK button at the top right corner.

You'll be back on the network selection. On the first list choice, select the network you just created, then tap OK.

From that point, if you want to connect through the data connection of your carrier, you'll have to go back to Connections > Advanced and choose the original choice in the first selection.

If you want to connect through the PC, you'll have to choose the new connection.

This is a pain in the butt, and I don't know how to automate it.

Hi

I just followed all your steps however stil can't connect to internet ...it is saying: "cannot find proxy server"

is there anyting more I can do?