minimod Camera applet & driver

Guest Pako777

Guest dwallersv
maybe it's impossibile..driver works only if is installed in rom..
One way to make this more flexible is to create a proxy stub driver that simply calls another DLL in regular memory, and build that into ROM. Then, the "real" driver can be changed dynamically as more things are modified.

Guest dwallersv

I'm new to the thread, so forgive me if I cover old ground.

Regarding preserving settings across invocations of camera.exe: Has anyone thought of modifying the startup entrypoint so that it calls out to some new code that loads settings from a registry key, and sets them for the app? This should be pretty straightforward -- the reg reading code is trivial, and can be easily done in C++ or C# with developer studio. Patching the executable to call this routine after these parameters have been initialized, simply loading them with the saved parameters in the same way that they are set when you change them through the camera UI.

This approach would finally bring a feature to the camera that everyone is desperate for, eliminate the need to cook anything into ROM to have these settings adjusted at startup and be persistent.

Anyone want to try? Pako?

Edited by dwallersv

Guest Nicklashidegard
new version Camera.exe_v.B in first post

Thanks Pako. This will be included in all my future roms. Don't know what us chefs would do without you :)

Guest MAMBO04

got a problem pako.. i copied all drivers exe to windows folder, rebooted, my camera worked fine took pics fine, then i wake up the next morning and it stays stuck on 'loading...' i can't access my camera at all.

the GPS thing came up once but i couldn cancel it, wasn't allowing me to

any ideas?

• 2 months later...
Guest cyberbit
And about 25fps of video, can you tell us how can we make that driver for test it would be a huge jump for all us.

One more question , the .cab is going to replace the driver? or only the .exe

Thank you in advance

pako777 you´re the man thankx

Guest Pako777
And about 25fps of video, can you tell us how can we make that driver for test it would be a huge jump for all us.

Thank you in advance

I am afraid that this problem is unsoluble

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ste-V-illagE Alternative

hey pako777 your mods are awesome. I wanna know is it possible to remove blank screen while loading camera with GPS enabled? I saw on Nokia N85 and LG GT505 that we can take pictures before GPS is locked/fixed. It's really annoying in omnia case that we have to wait til GPS done.

• 2 months later...
Guest 00raq00

Any example foto with / without modded driver ? Please :P

Add:

What file i must change compression ?

which one file (s000, s001, s002, s003, s004 or s005)

of course in HEX

Edited by 00raq00

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new of this topic and completely confused.

Is it possible to just download one of the modified camera files and copy it to windows directory to make it work without cooking it into a rom?

If yes, which of the two in the first post should be used to have both the +1 saturation/brightness settings and the new filename convention with date/time?

Thanks a lot and congratulations to Pako777 for the wonderful job!

Guest thuongshoo

thank Pako777 very much!

If I choose a preset ( portrait, landscape,...) , I will not be able choose iso, white blance,.. Can you hack this ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pako777
I would also like to be able to take higher res panorama shots. If something could be done, that would be awesome.

i don't know.. will be see this possibility

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest cybershot2

real problem in terms of Omnia's camera is postprocessing ..

of you noticed that when we see a perfect picture, sharpness, colors ... everything superbly.

only then is that postprocessing and ruin everything .. you can see on the screen even as he disappears around the clarity ...

same problem as the G600 or a great camera ... ku990 ...

So, that conclusion ... Whoever is able to quashed that postprocessing.

WINNER IS !!!!!

lpachuong

- Sharpness

- Contrast

- Compression (88% at least)

- Exposure: this camera has very short exposure, which produces too much noise, even in daylight)

corect corect corect

Edited by cybershot2

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...