OMNIA HD - 8Mp 720p HD Video recording 3.7" AMOLED

Guest chokia

Samsung Acme = i8910 = Omnia HD

samsungmwcposter001ae5.jpg

Features: Huge touchscreen (hard glass), AMOLED display, Symbian S60v5, DNLA, DivX compatible, 8-megapixel camera (9x digital zoom), GPS, HDMI, Wi-Fi and a 3.5mm jack.

samsung-acme-i8910-10-500x375.jpg

samsung-acme-i8910-06-500x375.jpg

samsung-acme-i8910-13-500x375.jpg

More photo : http://dailymobile.se/2009/02/06/samsung-a...ality-pictures/

I hope winmo version will appear next with true HD 1080p video recording and nice build coz this one is damn ugly.

Edited by chokia

Guest shollywood

No ideas when it's being released or pricing????

Samsung Acme = i8910 = Omnia HD

samsungmwcposter001ae5.jpg

Features: Huge touchscreen (hard glass), AMOLED display, Symbian S60v5, DNLA, DivX compatible, 8-megapixel camera (9x digital zoom), GPS, HDMI, Wi-Fi and a 3.5mm jack.

samsung-acme-i8910-10-500x375.jpg

samsung-acme-i8910-06-500x375.jpg

samsung-acme-i8910-13-500x375.jpg

More photo : http://dailymobile.se/2009/02/06/samsung-a...ality-pictures/

I hope winmo version will appear next with true HD 1080p video recording and nice build coz this one is damn ugly.

What would actually make this perfect.

Capacitive display'

Alot of RAM

A decent processor

Better battery life

SEPERATE GPU (like iphone)

Capacitive Screen (like iphone)

AND A GAWD DAMNED OPTICAL ZOOM ! DIGI ZOOM SUCKS and 8mp is enough for a full camera

i could have my gps,phone, camera, pda, and mp3 player all in one (which i do now) but with actual good quality if all that happened...ill wait for omnia 3 i guess

In case u guys didnt notice this isnt running WM but Nokia's S60, so its not really relevant to the current Omnia apart from sharing the same name which is probably what Samsung is trying to capitalise on to promote this new phone.

This one will be running symbian s60 5th edition similar to Nokia 5800 but the UI is ugly and poor support by developer and application. and make it worst it is Samsung.

I mean look at how hard for us here to get support from Samsung or even XDA developers who are only focus with HTC made product.

But still because of winmo, we still get some support and progress to make our phone better. Even dummies can cook their own ROM /firmware

Imagine if it is Symbian? They only wait for Nokia to update the improvement. And nokia only does it for nokia phone not samsung. I remember after i sold my N95 then only they have flashlite 3.1 That really pathetic. and for the whole time i had N95 the only time i use turn-by-turn voice gps navigator is only for 3 days after purchased, then Nokia disabled this feature and make you pay a yearly fee for it.

My frens who are having Nokia 5800 still cant get Garmin Mobile Xt to work in their phone. Thats how pathetic using Symbian OS, and nobody in Symbian Foundation can help to fix that.

For WINMO, we dont have to wait for manufacturer like Nokia to announce FW update after like what 6 months once just to get 3G+ icon to be "H", or A2DP support or mail exchange support or DLNA support or even change of icon. We can do it ourselves.

Tell me if phone running s60 v2.1 can be upgraded to s60 v3 ? But that wont be a problem for phone running winmo 2003 upgrade to win6 > wm6.1 > wm6.5 > wm7.

That's huge advantage of choosing winmo.

Edited by chokia

Thats because of microsoft's stupidity of limiting WM device in the market

http://www.windowsfordevices.com/news/NS8639739231.html

Samsung who doesnt care about other thing but their business, cant just slow down the pace of producing very advanced phone to the market just because of microsoft limiting the licence.

So they use Symbian instead.

Guest jamesjames_
Thats because of microsoft's stupidity of limiting WM device in the market

It is believed that Samsung are using Symbian, because the new version of Symbian for touch devices (.41) will support multy touch, and as we know, capacitive screens are capable of it. Some say that in fact N97 has capacitive screen too and that's the reason Nokia didn't include stylus in N97's box. As we know WM does not support multy touch. Anyway even if i8910 doesn't support multy touch still capacitive screens are much more sensitive.

The next main reason for choosing Symbian is camera and video recording. As we know they are both limited in WM, and that's the reason for the crappy video from Omnia(20fps...), HD (CIF....), X1 (3gp...) and so on.

So it's not Microsoft's fault at all.

Guest aridoasis

no winmo? that suck a lot. i love my omnia right now coz of the loads of winmo options and optimizations that make each device unique to its owner.

id' just gotten over the pathetics symbian craze, and now samsung ruins its great phone with a symbian follow-up. grrr! even if it has 8mp and HD recording, symbian cannot compensate for the flexibility of the winmo OS.

i just hope that samsung isn't turning its back on winmo, coz i'd really love to see a REAL omnia successor.

Edited by aridoasis

jamesjames,

SE X1 records VGA video at 30fps and it runs WM6.1, so what ru talking about?

N97 has no stylus slot doesnt mean it doesnt come with stylus in the box, just like Omnia.

N97 screen is not capacitive neither does this omnia.

Guest jamesjames_
jamesjames,

SE X1 records VGA video at 30fps and it runs WM6.1, so what ru talking about?

N97 has no stylus slot doesnt mean it doesnt come with stylus in the box, just like Omnia.

N97 screen is not capacitive neither does this omnia.

O rly. Check your info again pls.

SE X1 records VGA@30fps. Yes. What's the bitrate? Is it good? I don't know. Check it. It's less than crap. And it's recorded in stupid useless 3gp format. So yes, it sux, hardly.

It is 101% sure that this model, called Acme or Omnia HD or i8910 has capacitive display. There is no doubt about that. And because both N97 and Omnia HD run the same version of Symbian, it is supposed that N97 has capacitive display too. That's the reason for no stylus included.

Omnia doesn't come with stylus in the box? LOL. Yes, it's not integrated, it's external, but it is there, in the box. You can read that in every single review, or specifications, or at any shop.

And yes, this Omnia HD really uses capacitive screen. Just check. It's not that hard. Google it. After that you can post whatever you want.

Jamesjames_,

You are wrong

Device Description:

The Nokia N97 is a S60 5th Edition mobile computer with a large 3,5“, bright nHD (640 x 360 pixels and 16:9 aspect ratio) TFT color display with resistive touch screen and tactile feedback

http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N97

Do you know how to google?

http://www.google.com/search?q=OmniaHD%2C+capacitive

Now shame on you, really!

OmniaHD (I8910)

OMNIA%20HD_01.jpge_OMNIA%20HD%20(2).jpgOMNIA%20HD_02.jpge_OMNIA%20HD_still.jpg

Network : HSUPA 5.76Mbps / HSDPA 7.2 Mbps / EDGE/GPRS Class 12 Quad Band(850/900/1800/1900) UMTS Tri Band(900/1900/2100MHz)

Display : 3.7" Full Touch QHD (360x640) 16M AMOLED

Camera : 8 Megapixel CMOS + CIF, Auto-Focus / Power LED Flash / Face Detection/Smile Shot / Blink Shot / Panorama Shot

Video : DivX / XviD / H.263 / H.264 / WMV / MPEG4, RV

24fps@HD(1280 x 720p) Video recording

DLNA & HD TV out (DLNA dongle needed)

Video Editing: Trim video / Audio dubbing /

Live dubbing / Add subtitle / Image capture

Audio : FM Radio with RDS

MP3/ AAC / AAC+ / eAAC+ / WMA / RA

Dual Stereo Speaker & DNSe 2.0

Value-added Features :

GPS / S-GPS / Xtragps with Navigation /

Proximacy, Light Sensor, Compass, Accelerometer

Advanced TouchWiz UI with Widget

Mobile Widget, Share Pix, Document Viewer /

E-Dictionary / Biz Card Recognition / Podcasting /

3D Games / Application Download /

Push Email (MS Exchange) /

Real-time video uploading / Smart Search

Connectivity : Bluetooth v2.0 / USB 2.0 / Wi-Fi

Memory : 8GB / 16GB Flash + External Memory slot : microSDHCTM(up to 32GB)

Size : 123 x 58 x 12.9

Battery : 1500 mAh

http://www.samsungmwc.com/product.asp?Seqn...=&Rellink=Y

Guest jamesjames_
Jamesjames_,

You are wrong

http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N97

Do you know how to google?

http://www.google.com/search?q=OmniaHD%2C+capacitive

Now shame on you, really!

Shame on me? Omg... You are really crazy. I said ''supposed'' and not ''it is 100% sure N97 has capacitive''

Erm... You didn't comment the other things I've said? May be because you were totally wrong? Seems that YOU don't know how to Google. Not me.

''N97 screen is not capacitive neither does this omnia.'' Well I've never said the first is true, but ''this omnia'' really has capacitive screen.

I can't understand why you are trying to argue since it's pretty easy for everyone to see that you don't know much about mobile devices. And you don't even know how to use Google.

So I can accept your appologize and I would like to ask you to stop posting incorrect info. Shame on you!

Shame on me? Omg... You are really crazy. I said ''supposed'' and not ''it is 100% sure N97 has capacitive''

Erm... You didn't comment the other things I've said? May be because you were totally wrong? Seems that YOU don't know how to Google. Not me.

''N97 screen is not capacitive neither does this omnia.'' Well I've never said the first is true, but ''this omnia'' really has capacitive screen.

I can't understand why you are trying to argue since it's pretty easy for everyone to see that you don't know much about mobile devices. And you don't even know how to use Google.

So I can accept your appologize and I would like to ask you to stop posting incorrect info. Shame on you!

Just a quick question...

Why do you have to argue with everyone. Please be polite and you'll get a nicer feedback from everyone. Don't be a troll.

And about chokia and his lack of knowledge about mobile devices? Are you any better? Everyone has to learn and forums are a great way to learn and share.

Samsung should make a photo phone with fu****g real xenon flash

I think that it would consume too much energy so it's better to leave it as it is.

Edited by bpivk

Guest jamesjames_
Just a quick question...

Why do you have to argue with everyone. Please be polite and you'll get a nicer feedback from everyone. Don't be a troll.

And about chokia and his lack of knowledge about mobile devices? Are you any better? Everyone has to learn and forums are a great way to learn and share.

I think that it would consume too much energy so it's better to leave it as it is.

Argue with everyone? What are you talking about??

In fact yes, I am any better. And I'm certainly not the one who started to argue. You should say ''be polite and you'll get a nicer feedbac'' to him, not to me. I was trying to explain him about the video and screens, but he just wants to prove that he is right and I am wrong. Sadly, it's just the opposite.

Guest jamesjames_
thats cool i got it wrong

just a comment a samsung employee told me in passing the other day

how ever samsung to plan to release a android OS handset very soon

Well, nope. They've postponed the announcement of android devices few days ago. We can expect them in Q3-Q4.