Pauls Rom

Guest js4tda

Hi Guys was wondering if there is still a link to Pauls ROM? I only flashed my phone once and that was way back with Version two i believe. I have the SPB shell running with it now and seems like it is not liking each other. Any suggestions if Pauls other ROMs would do better or any suggestions on ROMs that would work better with SPB? I have instances where the phone just shuts off for no apparent reason. Thanks for all your help and support.

Guest meabigbaldguy
Hi Guys was wondering if there is still a link to Pauls ROM? I only flashed my phone once and that was way back with Version two i believe. I have the SPB shell running with it now and seems like it is not liking each other. Any suggestions if Pauls other ROMs would do better or any suggestions on ROMs that would work better with SPB? I have instances where the phone just shuts off for no apparent reason. Thanks for all your help and support.

You can try ROM version MCR03. I'm also using SPB Shell in addition to other SPB apps and it works very well. There is a small bug with SPB keyboard, where the keyboard will pop up from time to time, but it's very tolerable - in my opinion - and it may not even have anything to do with the ROM. The ROM itself is very clean, lite, and works very well. You can still find the ROM in this forum at this link...

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...pdate-03-11-08/

On another note, I'm begging the question, where's Paul now? Last I saw he had a ROM released called MCR04 based on HL2, but from what I read did have some issues. I haven't read anything new since December.

Guest bobobird

Search for Paul's posts and you will get the story...

In brief -

sold the Omnia

defected to HTC

HTC did not like him

defected back to Omnia

Omnia did not like defectors and refused to work

Last heard trying to sell the broken Omnia...

So no ROMs from him since start of this saga.

:( B) :P

Edited by bobobird

Guest jamesjames_

In brief -

sold the Omnia

defected to HTC

HTC did not like him

defected back to Omnia

:A bit off topic:

Which ''HTC did not like him''? Touch HD? I've read somewhere he was saying that he had new favourite WM device - HD. I personally prefer Omnia over HD (for the camera, integrated memory, video playback, audio etc.) but I'm curios if this device (HD) made him defect back to Omnia and why... And if it's not HD, which is it? Correct me if I'm wrong somewhere.

:End of off topic:

Guest meabigbaldguy

In brief -

sold the Omnia

defected to HTC

HTC did not like him

defected back to Omnia

Thanks for the story. There's so much info in the forum that I sometimes dare not even try to look for the needle in the haystack. In any case, I'm a bit sad to hear of it nonetheless. His ROMS are good, though I'm sure he already knows this. I'm personally looking for an update, but I'll go back to a stock ROM before I use someone else's... though some have advised that I look into Taril's most recent ROM because they are also very good. Question is... which is his most recent, and where can I find it?

Thank you for the update and where to find Pauls ROM. Do I need to set everything up again on my phone when I flash again to another of Pauls ROM? My phone was brand new when flashed the first time. So not sure on what I would lose and need to setup again.

Guest meabigbaldguy
Thank you for the update and where to find Pauls ROM. Do I need to set everything up again on my phone when I flash again to another of Pauls ROM? My phone was brand new when flashed the first time. So not sure on what I would lose and need to setup again.

When you flash a ROM, it will wipe everything from the device clean - except for whats on my storage and the storage card. You will have to set up regional settings and any registry tweaks. It is time consuming... if you do it this way.

You can use a program like Sprite Backup. First back up your phone and then flash the new ROM. SB will create an image of all of your data and settings which you can then restore to your phone regardless of the ROM type. If you do us SB, then use Merge 1 method when you restore, which will take several minutes to do. Afterward, I recommend going through and checking all of your apps just to make sure that everything restored well... just to be on the safe side. The only thing that I had to do was reload my navigation program and re-establish an Active Sync relationship. Most importantly, save your backup file to you laptop or PC because if it saves to your phone, then it'll erase with the ROM change because it defaults to the device memory.

Okay I got Spriet Backup looks like a good program. Made my backup but not to sure on how to get back into phone. Do I extract all file from back up manager to phone after flashing? Would that not make some double file entries or sub folders?