MWC 2009: Put your questions to HTC!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
htclogo.png
Edit: Delayed to allow more time for you all to post questions! :(

Tomorrow afternoon I have a 30 minute session with HTC, which I am going to record for the MoDaCo WinMo Week podcast.

The question is, what should I ask them / talk about?

And this is where you come in! B)

Feel free to suggest questions below (keep it clean / sensible), and i'll pick the best ones for the meeting tomorrow!

Things to bear in mind...

- HTC won't talk about unannounced products
- HTC won't talk about unannounced OS' (e.g. WM7)

I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

P

Guest deadphill

Ok heres my tuppence worth.

When will you start making phones with a really good camera and a really good flash. Have a look at the omnia to see what I mean!

Please ask that Paul, its my biggest gripe with HTC phones!

Cheers

Phill

Guest Monolithix

How do they feel the new homescreen interface in WM6.5 will encroach on TF3D?

Followup: will they look to deeper customisation and integration of TF3D of the WM interface to improve finger-friendliness as TF3D did with the traditional today screen?

Guest Alex (nedge2k)
Ok heres my tuppence worth.

When will you start making phones with a really good camera and a really good flash. Have a look at the omnia to see what I mean!

Please ask that Paul, its my biggest gripe with HTC phones!

Cheers

Phill

+1

HTC cameras have always been lame and the 5MP Touch HD Camera is prolly the most disappointing of all! AF is slow and crap and quality is washed out, grainy and generally rubbish. How come everyone can do it but HTC can't. Additionally, IF they admit the issue, find out if they'll rectify it on existing devices - e.g. HD.

Guest Tryster

Do they have any plans to release a WM6.5 ROM update for existing phones (specifically Diamond)? Also will future ROM updates for these devices contain the updated TF3D?

Guest nickcornaglia

I would like you to ask why many of their phones do not offer US versions. There are many online outlets to sell phones to the US...and a few retailers like BestBuy. Why hold back on US versions of what could be very popular phones?

Guest deadphill

Well my point is, HTC are up there as market leaders with the phones. Samsung proved you can have a windows mobile and decent camera in one.

So whatever needs to be done, sort out the camera, give us some decent optics, a decent flash and maybe even innovate where others have not and do something funky with it. Having all this connectivity is useless if you are not going to use it!

Cheers

Phill

Guest finisterre

Will they please bring back the scroll wheel of the Hermes/Tytn II so we can read a long website with one hand (scrolling with our thumb).

In fact, bring back the D-Pad with centre click too. All this aping the iPhone is making the phones LESS usable.

Edited by finisterre

Guest deBruineBeren
Will they please bring back the scroll whell of the Hermes/Tytn II so we can read a long website with one hand (scrolling with our thumb).

In fact, bring back the D-Pad with centre click too. All this aping the iPhone is making the phones LESS usable.

And the "OK" , "E-mail" , "Explorer", "Start Menu" Buttons

I'm so happy with my TyTn II, I don’t want to think about replacing it. :(

Guest chris10230

Can you ask if the diamond 2 and pro 2 have resistive or capacitive touch screens as the site does not say or any articles on them i think.

And if no when will they move to capacitve for WM as they used it for android and now with 6.5 it may be the time to say goodbye to our good friend the stylus!!!

Guest LeMuppet

Here are the questions I asked during the HTC press conference:

1/. Are HTC planning to release official 6.1.4 upgrades for their existing phones (specifically the Touch Pro) [and per Tryster ditto 6.5]?

2/. Will the Touch Pro2 (and Touch Diamond2) replace the Touch Pro (and Touch Diamond) or is it an additional model in the range?

Tx :(

Guest Paul (MVP)
Can you ask if the diamond 2 and pro 2 have resistive or capacitive touch screens as the site does not say or any articles on them i think.

And if no when will they move to capacitve for WM as they used it for android and now with 6.5 it may be the time to say goodbye to our good friend the stylus!!!

Resistive. WM 6.1 / 6.6 do not support capacitive screens.

Just changing the screen tech wouldn't rid you of the stylus, that's more about the user interface no?

P

Will they improve their usage of the hardware capabilities in new devices? i.e. improved 2d/3d/codec acceleration on chipsets that support it.

How about just giving us some proper drivers for kaiser. not really a question :(

Are they planning on releasing any drivers for the kaiser that will take advantage of the chipset so the phone will have faster 2d/3d images?

Guest Paul (MVP)
How about just giving us some proper drivers for kaiser. not really a question :(

Are they planning on releasing any drivers for the kaiser that will take advantage of the chipset so the phone will have faster 2d/3d images?

I can say with almost complete confidence there will be no graphics boost update for the kaiser...

P

Guest Apo11on

Paul please ask HTC about CDMA phones - it seems like all their innovations are GSM only, and people would like to know if they're going to make worthy competitors to CDMA leading phones, aka CDMA versons of Touch Pro2 and Touch HD. (Touch HD2?)

Will they improve their usage of the hardware capabilities in new devices? i.e. improved 2d/3d/codec acceleration on chipsets that support it.

Yes i second that!

It is still the biggest issue with HTC phones. Since they once again underlined their "good" relationship with Qualcomm...

Please ask them if the MSM7200 drivers in the new devices are again "cheap" software or "real" hardware drivers.

Especially 2d, video acceleration is needed as they missed that train the last round. :(

Edited by Prema

Guest awarner (MVP)

Will the recent news regarding Apple's multi touch patent affect how HTC looks at the user interface?

Until someone challenges Apple over the patent it looks like some form of licence agreements will have to be implemented for other companies to use the technology.

Any plans for a developer program (seeing as they seem to be all the rage at the mo) to help exploit HTC handsets' capabilities? I'm thinking code samples for working with their bespoke hardware or integrating with TF3D. Thanks.

Guest buyaoxiao

what is the impact on HTC phone sales due to the economic crisis?

followup : Will HTC help to boost economy recovery by motivating people to spend on HTC phones with huge discounts?? :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.