Anyone tried Pointui interface ?

Guest Wize1

Found this on the net now its called Pointui.

There is a wqvga free version to try but no themes as yet B).

I have installed it and it works even in landscape :(

Has anyone else tried "Home2" ?

Any comments?

Can our theme gurus out there have a look and see what they can do for this.

Guest Frankish

It's ok it's just a memory hog right now as it's early stages. Also a big waste of screenspace happens. I think the latest version has a search bit or something but still a waste of space i think.

Could be great if they allow battery in status bar still and adding your own cities weather involves editing the xml which is boring lol.

Guest nikkonone

Technically i did liked it. but got stucked at Contacts menu (it has updated continuisly adding same contacts again)

a yet many menu buttons need a further development :(

lets see what comes in a PRO version.

Guest mobilehappy

Its a Beta and it looks promising, but its a bit sluggish.

The default theme is very nice in that all its elements are basically "transparent" and you can change the look simply by changing the background image.

Also it has a limited locations included, any other you have to add yourself via manual xml editing.

Looking forward to trying the PRO version.

There are already many themes and add-on applets available in the pointui forum.

Edited by mobilehappy

I agree there are quite a few themes there but them mainly for VGA or QVGA :(

Looking forward to the pro version as well could be interesting next few weeks with the new SPB coming out as well !!

I agree there are quite a few themes there but them mainly for VGA or QVGA :(

Looking forward to the pro version as well could be interesting next few weeks with the new SPB coming out as well !!

All QVGA themes are WQVGA too.

Guest Frankish
All QVGA themes are WQVGA too.

Thanks i was wondering if they would work so i guess the answer is yes. I tried the latest version and the contacts freezing no longer happens and it seems to run nicely. Not too keen on the Search part but Joel said it's a temporary fix for the empty space on WQVGA devices. Hopefully there comes a way to push the 4 buttons to the bottom and have larger applets.

Any comments?

It sucks compared to any other interface of WinMo (used all of them incl. Mobile SHell, Winterface, and even Manilla 2D)

Edited by Rdy2Go

Guest zabique32

I just have replaced my M2D with PointUI 2.0.18b It is Quick, responsive, got applets!, advanced themes and SUPPORT. I see bright future of this UI (until Spb Mobile Shell 3 will be released :(

Edited by zabique32

I just have replaced my M2D with PointUI 2.0.18b It is Quick, responsive, got applets!, advanced themes and SUPPORT. I see bright future of this UI (until Spb Mobile Shell 3 will be released :(

Totally Agree with u!

• 2 weeks later...