Help please

Guest illusion786

Guest illusion786

Hi i have the infamous battery problem with this firmware.

I have searched arround on what firmware to upgrade to, but im finding it hard as there are so many roms and different ways of upgrading.

Can some lend me a hand please. Which is the best & easiest way to upgrade and which firmware should i use.

Thank you very much in advance.

Guest andycat

I'm using this (the original rom), and have good battery life. I'm using SPB Mobile Shell, and the auto disconnect internet cab, and easily get 2 days with txting, few phonecalls, bit of internet.

Edited by andycat

Guest justpratik
Hi i have the infamous battery problem with this firmware.

I have searched arround on what firmware to upgrade to, but im finding it hard as there are so many roms and different ways of upgrading.

Can some lend me a hand please. Which is the best & easiest way to upgrade and which firmware should i use.

Thank you very much in advance.

hi.

i am also facing same problem.

what version you are having.

perhaps we could help each other.

Guest illusion786

Well did some research, due to the features this system has its ovbious that it will consume alot of power.

Depends what battery came with your phone the less mAh your batt has, your bat will drain will be quicker.

Just buy a larger cap battery. I Just purchased a 2200mAh Battery with a back cover for a couple of quids from ebay.

I installed Tarils rom from his thread, didnt notice any diffrence in usage from my original bohh5 rom.

Batt still drains quick.

Guest justpratik
Well did some research, due to the features this system has its ovbious that it will consume alot of power.

Depends what battery came with your phone the less mAh your batt has, your bat will drain will be quicker.

Just buy a larger cap battery. I Just purchased a 2200mAh Battery with a back cover for a couple of quids from ebay.

I installed Tarils rom from his thread, didnt notice any diffrence in usage from my original bohh5 rom.

Batt still drains quick.

Have you do this?

- Ensure you do not have Wi-Fi on permanently

- Set your backlighttime out option to the minimum level.

- Reduce your display brightness.

- If you are in a poor 3G signal area, and the phone is constantly

switching between 3G and 900/1800, this may drain battery life. Please

set your band selection manually to 900/1800.

- uncheck the beam option > setting -> connection -> beam.

- monitor regulary task manager. you will notice main menu is still running even after close.

close it after check.

- main menu of samsung is not closing if we start to close try to use another software like spb mobile shell,pointui,spb pocket plus for app

let me know if it works for you.

Guest Del1701

I had the same problem, all I did was this,

1) Go to the official Smasung update site: Samsung Mobile

2) For the version check enter the following version MSHH1 you will then be able to download the official MSHJ1 updater.

3) Edit the following registry key on the Omina HKCU\ControlPanel\Version\CustomVersion to MSHH1

(The original keys value on mine was BOHH5 I just altered it to read MSHH1 with PHM RegEdit, Check this setting has been stored by using the version checker in Start\Settings\System

4) Run the official updater.

If all goes correctly you should end up with the latest unbranded samsung rom.

Don't forget do this at your own risk and back everything up before you do.