Samsung negecting the WinMo Omnia?

Guest enoir

With Samsung's efforts going into the Symbian Omnia HD, doe this mean that IA2 is the last ROM we will ever see?

I think there's going to be a new ROM with new widgets UI - I saw some preliminary videos/screenshots.

I think there's going to be a new ROM with new widgets UI - I saw some preliminary videos/screenshots.

Yea I saw a new version of TouchWiz but I dont think its for the Omnia. Its for their non ppc handsets

Yea I saw a new version of TouchWiz but I dont think its for the Omnia. Its for their non ppc handsets

You're right - TouchWiz doesn't mean it's for Omnia.

So it looks we may stick with DXIA2 for a long time or forever at least for the drivers part.

Guest Preceptor

Secanny DXIA2 includes the new touchwiz (weather and posssibility in adding new widgets)

Flashed my rom today ... seems good!

edit: unless there is a newer one!

Edited by Preceptor

Secanny DXIA2 includes the new touchwiz (weather and posssibility in adding new widgets)

Flashed my rom today ... seems good!

edit: unless there is a newer one!

That's different, the new TouckWiz is suppose to contains 3D icons whereas DXIA2/DZIX2 doesn't contains any...

True, but then there is this, can't read Korean but it is of there web sight, translation would be nice...

http://www.samsung.com/sec/news/newsRead.d...;news_seq=12340

i have my doubts that samsung will release this for our omnia, because this is not based on windows mobile and why would they now change the entire operating system for this "old" phone?

i think they will focus on their new smartphones and they will have this interface.

Translated text using SYSTRAN

Samsung Electronics, from MWC 3D effective 'TouchWiz' UI opening to the public

2009-02-09

With 3D effects which upgrade dynamic more conversion and the user sensitivity magnetic pole

Above [ceys] addition and the up and down screen as rapidly with on-line download various place be [ceys] arrangement

To the person photograph which is photographed contact place store and currency possible photo contact function

- Perfect 3D embodiment and the voice be, also the next generation UI which operates with the etc. moving demonstration

Samsung Electronics this year explosively will grow for the touchscreen phone market invasion reinforcement makes public new UI (User Interface).

Samsung Electronics made public, last year optimized to the touchscreen phone 'the etc. one phase which adds 3D effects to TouchWiz' UI UI where evolved, is opened 16th-19th in Spain, disclosed that 'opens to the public from MWC (Mobile World Congress) 2009 '.

Also Samsung Electronics the perfect 3D embodiments be voice of the possible user, recognizes the etc. moving and also the next generation UI which is renovation operates will demonstrate together.

'TouchWiz (as for domestic [hayp] tic UI) 'last year came out above omni Oh, touching the [cu], [hayp] tic etc. Samsung Electronics to the touchscreen phone release to be loaded, maximizes a user usability, comes and goes, is a touchscreen phone UI which gained the popularity which strengthens the fun element which is satisfied.

Specially, [hayp] case existing of the tic phone the possibility from the touchscreen phone release see to be renovation was not and UI where is discriminated and from much consumer to earn a love with various vibrating feedback and records the sale 1 million or more.

'TouchWiz' evolutions the biggest feature as stimulates the user sensitivity which treats the analog machinery and tools is to strengthen the various digilog element be.

First of all above [ceys], at the time of the photo telephone number and menu etc. 3 kind cellular phone atmosphere screen movement as to apply 3D effects there is a possibility of feeling the one dynamic one effect which sees 3D three-dimensional movies.

'Above [ceys] (Widget)' also the function was strengthened greatly. Through on-line download various place be [ceys] the news where the use frequency to be the possibility of adding is high, weather, real-time information update of securities etc. to be possible, and of magnifying the screen at necessary, there is a possibility up and down.

When also after photographing the person with the cellular phone, stored liaison information to the photograph, called rightly from the photograph or there was a possibility of sending a text message for the first time 'also the photo contact (Photo Contact)' function introduced.

'[uy] upgrade versions UI will be loaded to the Samsung Electronics strategic phone which will make public from MWC 2009 and will be opened to the public.

The Samsung Electronics UX part nutational hun commercial affairs “the various function will be easier, conveniently the possibility that will use in order to be, the fact that " to be and “this year becoming UI trend of the touchscreen phone release through UI developments which continuously are renovation the various request of the consumers was sufficient, said not missing the touchscreen phone market leadership ".

Edited by Andy Q

Well wouldnt that be an issue of licenses with symbian or any other system they would have to put pn the omnia.... im using pointui at the moment, i like it so far...

Guest dopeness

a big concern of mine, before buying this phone (VZN i910) was the fact that I saw Samsung coming out with new phones - but not mastering one. last time I checked, in the states, we were waiting on our FIRST update. with a million Omniia's sold I would think that support, apps, and programs would be established by now or at least in the works. Love the phone, but I am wary.

Samsung announces phone like weekly

So they dont care if any obstacles that try to stop them and microsoft is one of them:-

1. Microsoft want to limit WM device in the market

2. WM still doesnt support capacitive (omnia HD screen is capacitive)

So samsung chosed Symbian s60 5th instead for Omnia HD

Guest justpratik
Samsung announces phone like weekly

So they dont care if any obstacles that try to stop them and microsoft is one of them:-

1. Microsoft want to limit WM device in the market

2. WM still doesnt support capacitive (omnia HD screen is capacitive)

So samsung chosed Symbian s60 5th instead for Omnia HD

YOU ARE RIGHT.

and samsung is new kid on the block of windows mobile.

while htc is founder of windows mobile.

and almost all company started to adopt windows mobile.

but microsoft is unhappy with those who are adding new ui instead the oldest win mobile ui of the world.

can we also migrate the os from windows to other (symbian, macosx, android, blackberry)?

it should be done.

atleast to symbian or android

YOU ARE RIGHT.

and samsung is new kid on the block of windows mobile.

while htc is founder of windows mobile.

and almost all company started to adopt windows mobile.

but microsoft is unhappy with those who are adding new ui instead the oldest win mobile ui of the world.

can we also migrate the os from windows to other (symbian, macosx, android, blackberry)?

it should be done.

atleast to symbian or android

That is exactly what Samsung are doing with the Omnia HD. It will be Symbian.

Personally, I like WinMo (after customisation!!!)and would love to see 6.5 on our Omnia.

Chefs.................. Any news on a new base ROM? Seems like IB is long overdue!!!!