S740 - more keypad issues! Crinkly noise...

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Seperate to this issue:

http://www.modaco.com/content/rose-rose-mo...-keypad-issues/

I now have another annoying 'feature' to report - the best way to describe it is the keys sound 'scrunchy' when pushed / clicked or even just a finger run over them! Doesn't affect the functionality. It's as if the keypad membrane has become loose and is moving over the keys - but it hasn't. The sound is akin rubbing a thin plastic bag between your fingers. If I roll my thumb side to side on the keypad it goes away for a bit.

Still getting the send key sticking so methinks this phone will be going back soon :-(

M.S

Guest mstephenson

I've noticed this issue on a couple of occasions too.

So far it seems to be intermittent so can't say i'm too fussed, would be more concerned if it became constant though.

For me at least, the positives of this phone still far outway the couple of very minor compaints (location of micro sd card and this keypad issue) and i'd certainly recommend it to friends or family.

I've noticed this issue on a couple of occasions too.

So far it seems to be intermittent so can't say i'm too fussed, would be more concerned if it became constant though.

For me at least, the positives of this phone still far outway the couple of very minor compaints (location of micro sd card and this keypad issue) and i'd certainly recommend it to friends or family.

Yeah I do like this phone. Compared to the s730 / s710 it's fantastic. I just wish the keypad was a bit better. Still having issues with the 'send' key sticking, but like you say, you put up with minor niggles for the other features....

I wish the battery cover was flat too..... :(

M.S