Fixing bluetooth audio routing for i900

Guest liads

Friends,

Good news! Replacing "OEMApps\wakeup.dll" and "OEMDrivers\speakerphone.dll" with those from i908 OEM will eliminate the bugs of wakeup and speakerphone described above.

It's possible that I will make a new customized M2D ROM incorporated with this feature soon.

You're awesome ! B)

Wakeup.dll is identical between i900DXIA2 and i908ZHIB1, so it must have been the speakerphone driver causing both problems.

I'll test it as soon as my Omnia regains strength (it's charging), and I regain strength (it's 4am here)... :(

Question: :(

The attached files should be replaced in OEMDrivers? You have told to replace them (zylonite and touch dlls) in DXIA2 or any other i900 rom, but then there is a post about touch.dll that will make unusable the screen.

Shall we do it or not? B)

Hi Liads, can you explain and post step by step of how to replace the two folders to which folder under device? I cannot find the OEMDrivers. thanks.

Edited by kheung

Guest happy_joe
Hi Liads, can you explain and post step by step of how to replace the two folders to which folder under device? I cannot find the OEMDrivers. thanks.

It is not the way to replace the file in the device, yet you need to use them to replace the files that used to cook your own ROM.

happy_joe is correct.

OEMDrivers is a folder you modify during the cooking of a ROM.

That's why the instructions are in a "for ROM cooks" section.

sector - the warning about touch.dll refers to replacing the file on the device itself in \Windows .

If you try to replace these drivers on the device (i.e. not with cooking), the drivers will stop functioning until you remove the replacing files and uncover the original ROM files. Since without a working touch.dll you basically have no interface with the device, a hard reset will most likely be needed to restore the original files (or maybe you can use ActiveSync to remove the replacing files).

Friends,

Good news! Replacing "OEMApps\wakeup.dll" and "OEMDrivers\speakerphone.dll" with those from i908 OEM will eliminate the bugs of wakeup and speakerphone described above.

It's possible that I will make a new customized M2D ROM incorporated with this feature soon.

Just tested it.

Speakerphone problem is indeed gone ! :(

However, the wakeup problem still exists. B)

As before, if you change the button configuration in Control Panel to something else and then set it back to either wake by front buttons or wake by any key - it will seem to work fine. But, once your device plays any audio (even the beep of changing the volume), the problem will resume and the device will not wake up for buttons other than the power button.

I'll make a new release with the speakerphone driver.

Thanks again, Khuanchai !

Guest Stevenh

I tried replacing all the drivers and the whole of OEM Apps with those from i908, but the wakeup problem still exists, so must be a problem elsewhere...

Steven

Guest shokka9

Can anyone confirm that this works when building ROM....

I dont mean replacing all files in OEMDrivers....just the bluetooth issues.

Would be good to get it going..

Guest Ali Ghassemi

Dear Liads,

Thank you very much for what you have done and your valuable time that you have spent to solve this critical and safety issue. I hope Samsung learns someday to respect and to consider customer's feedback specially when it deals with such an important issue.

Awaiting your new releases,

Ali

Guest Stevenh
Can anyone confirm that this works when building ROM....

I dont mean replacing all files in OEMDrivers....just the bluetooth issues.

Would be good to get it going..

I'm only replacing all files in OEMDrivers to see if I can get rid of the wakeup issue. I don't have a VC compatible headset so can't comment on whether the BT routing issue is fixed or not.

BTW, anyone else notice that the phone disconnects from bluetooth headset quite frequently, i.e. it forgets that it is supposed to be connected to a BT headset so when a call comes in and you answer it, it goes to phone and not headset?

Steven

I tried replacing all the drivers and the whole of OEM Apps with those from i908, but the wakeup problem still exists, so must be a problem elsewhere...

Steven

Yep, I tried it as well.

I also tried replacing some SYS packages, to no avail. (Haven't yet tried replacing both SYS packages and OEM Apps in the same rom)

I think fixing this will require some modification of the audio driver. I've disassembled it, but couldn't yet find where it messes with the keypad.

Another interesting thing - when only touch.dll and zylonite_wavedev2.dll are taken from i908, the wakeup issue can be temporarily resolved by changing the button configuration back and forth. However, when installing the keypad driver as well (zylonite_keypad_Us.dll), this is no longer the case and nothing can get wakeup working for other buttons.

I'm trying to analyze the differences between the i908 zylonite_keypad_Us.dll and the i900 one (easier than the audio driver since it's much smaller and have less differences).

Khuanchai,

Just tried it and it's still the same (I didn't cook it, just dropped it in \Windows)

I think Wakeup.dll is just the implementation of the wakeup tab in the Control Panel buttons settings.

Did you take all the other drivers from this ROM version as well?

Guest Stevenh

Used the wakup.dll from KhuanChai and it appears to work initially, but after a while of testing the old issue resumes and can only wake up with power button...

Guest Khuanchai
Khuanchai,

Just tried it and it's still the same (I didn't cook it, just dropped it in \Windows)

I think Wakeup.dll is just the implementation of the wakeup tab in the Control Panel buttons settings.

Did you take all the other drivers from this ROM version as well?

Yes, I took zylonite, wakeup, and speakerphone from the English ROM. I didn't replace the touch.dll because it made an inaccuracy of touch screen.

Guest Stevenh
Yes, I took zylonite, wakeup, and speakerphone from the English ROM. I didn't replace the touch.dll because it made an inaccuracy of touch screen.

So are all your BT issues resolved as well? Didn't think the HH ROM fixed the BT issue?

Steven

Guest Khuanchai
So are all your BT issues resolved as well? Didn't think the HH ROM fixed the BT issue?

Steven

It's i908DHHH2 not the i900. It did fixe the BT issue but found another problem. I'm trying to figure out and let everyone know.

The audio driver in i908ZHHH2 is smaller than the one in I908ZHIB1 (but still much larger than in i900DXIA2).

I guess it doesn't include whatever is causing the wakeup issue.

Edited by liads

It's i908DHHH2 not the i900. It did fixe the BT issue but found another problem. I'm trying to figure out and let everyone know.

Does the audio start playing slow-motion ?

That's what happened to me without touch.dll .

Guest Khuanchai
Does the audio start playing slow-motion ?

That's what happened to me without touch.dll .

Oh, Yes. So I will need to replace the touch.dll. Thank you.

Do you have any problem with the touch screen?

Edited by Khuanchai

Oh, Yes. So I will need to replace the touch.dll. Thank you.

Do you have any problem with the touch screen?

:(

Nope, no problems with touch screen.

Perhaps we should try IB1's touch.dll with HH2's audio driver...

Guest iztoogood

congratulation for this hard job...

if i well understand, if i want my i900 routing the sound to my bt headset, i have to change its rom...

i'm little afraid to practice this sort of sport....

don't you have a way juste to build an installer that over write the wrong driver and stuff ?

(i know that the word "just" is a newbi word but ... :( )

i have it since only 3 days... it cost me more money that i should spend in it...