tmobile upgrade what phone to get?!

Guest varioIII-lover

Guest varioIII-lover

hi there. upgrading in a couple of days. 18 months has gone fast with my vario3 and it's been the best phone i have had. i respect you guys, you have helped me through with things with this phone.

my question is, now it's time to upgrade, what phone would be right for me? i think i want to keep the slot out keyboard. the HD looks lovely, what's the advantages to the touch HD over the pro? i see that the pro has 4x better screen anyway. i don't really use the built in camera on phones.

should i get the htc touch pro? or the g1 android phone?

is the touch pro better for recieving push emal from microsoft server? also is it better for general word etc bluetooth keyboard, business stuff, email?

or is the g1 up to speed with that now? is the htc touch pro the better business and internet phone? and for watching some films and music? what's the pros and cons?

:( thanks for the help and opinions! B)

forgot to say, i am in london uk, so obviously the phones there and i am on t mobile.

also .. i probably want to stick with windows os because of the tomtom sitting on my micro sd card (4gb). also i would want to maybe keep the pull out keyboard.

thanks!

Edited by varioIII-lover

Guest Mr.Clark

To be honest, if you like the keyboard, I'd hang onto your Vario III until the Touch Pro 2 comes out.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I love my Kaiser, am coming to the end of my contract and don't know whether to go for the Touch HD (a mate has one, they're awesome, but you can't get them on T-Mobile when I'm only prepared to pay £20 per month) or hold on for the Touch Pro 2 (which is supposed to be coming to T-Mobile in June/July time).

Guest DJ_Enigma

I'm in the same position, I'm eligible for upgrade as of today.

Not sure what to get tbh, don't even know if I can get the touch HD on T-Mobile yet?? If I can I might.

Guest psionandy
I'm in the same position, I'm eligible for upgrade as of today.

Not sure what to get tbh, don't even know if I can get the touch HD on T-Mobile yet??

Nope.... but they'll offer you a G1 instead :(

Guest DJ_Enigma
Nope.... but they'll offer you a G1 instead :(

Close they offered me an MDA Compact IV.

But they did say that they are currently testing the HD and I should hold on for a month or two if I want that one.

Guest Mr.Clark

Holy buckets... I just looked at the T-Mobile site (now I'm eligible for an upgrade) - apparently I can upgrade from my Vario III (which cost me £90 when I got it 17 months ago) to... a Vario III. For the amazing price of £230 :(

Seriously, WTF?

At this rate, I may end up switching to another network PAYG so that I can come back to T-Mob when they get some decent handsets in.

Although if they're looking at the Touch HD... how do I choose between that and the Pro II? :/

Guest Zerodivider

I was in the same boat, Vario 3 owner & eligible for an upgrade/contract extension. I had a look around for current and upcoming handsets, and to be honest there is nothing that is so radically new and different that I really wanted it. Yes, a few phones are a bit thinner and a bit faster, but at the end of the day the Vario 3 does everything I want. And since flashing a custom rom, it feels like a new phone anyway. So I went with a £15 monthly discount instead. I rather wait another year to upgrade to a truely different mobile.

• 2 weeks later...