A short cut screen like Tytn II / Vario III?

Guest sc0user_75

Guest sc0user_75

Hey guys, long time no see on here - mainly because I've gone over to the iPhone.

But my wife, no way. She hates Apple!!!

Thing is she has just got herself a new Compact IV - and she is hating the fact that it doesnt have the short cuts screen like her old Orbit or my VIII. You know the one I'm talking about? The boxed on the Home Screen where you can click to Favourite Contacts, Comms, Apps etc.

Is there anyway of getting a similar screen on the Compact IV?

I know there are many many Roms out there but she really does not want to go down that route.

Thanks

Guest estechco
Hey guys, long time no see on here - mainly because I've gone over to the iPhone.

But my wife, no way. She hates Apple!!!

Thing is she has just got herself a new Compact IV - and she is hating the fact that it doesnt have the short cuts screen like her old Orbit or my VIII. You know the one I'm talking about? The boxed on the Home Screen where you can click to Favourite Contacts, Comms, Apps etc.

Is there anyway of getting a similar screen on the Compact IV?

I know there are many many Roms out there but she really does not want to go down that route.

Thanks

Yeah, turning off TF3D from inside the Today settings will take her back to the traditional WM6.1 interface

Guest Mr Alom

...but you can't do that with all ROMs.

Yeah, turning off TF3D from inside the Today settings will take her back to the traditional WM6.1 interface

Guest estechco
...but you can't do that with all ROMs.

Can you not? That sounds rather a huge restriction!

Which networks force that on you, or are you just referring to cooked ROMs?

Guest sc0user_75

Thanks guys for the help.

Alas, I can confirm that turning off TF3D does not work :(

Oh well, I think I might have to go down the Cooked ROM route. Wish me luck..........