New Omnia ROM DXIA5 released by Samsung

Guest ldbs

Guest erichkooi
U can find out all abt his rom here: here

Hi rlfy,

The link you attached is Custom Rom where here is talking abt Ofifical Samsung rom with same firmware code name.

Guest KennethTang

after upgrading the rom i feel that the motion sensor being less sensitive (requires a higher angle) inorder for it to be tilted.

and one experiencing the same problems too?

Hi,

I have an omnia from Orange UK network which I had the following versions:

PDA: i900XXHH1/BVHH1 and I have upgraded to MSHJ1

Now I want to go from MSHJ1 to DZIA5

How can I trick my phone to do this?. I have already downloaded DZIA5 from samsung site.

Is DZIA5 in english?

Guest onlinejobwork
i900onboxsmall.png
Samsung have released a new ROM for the Omnia - DXIA5 - for download!

Weighing in at a monstrous 280MB(!), members are reporting a raft of new features in the update, including (as reported by members):

• Asphalt 4 racing game
  • Share Pix (sharing pics to the web)
  • One click settings for Flight mode, BT, Wifi, Vibrate, Motion, Etiquette, Mouse, Flashlight, USB mode
  • Improvements to phonebook application, including improved kinetic scrolling
  • Additions customisable widgets including CNN, Yahoo Stocks, Google search, Weather bar plus an option to download more from Samsung
  • Much improved alarm UI
  • New settings page split into 4 tabs - sound, display, power, memory plus 'All Settings'

Also included are a number of movie trailers, which goes some way to explain the huge download!

The update is targetting Singapore locale phones, so you'll need to tweak your device config if you wish to install on a non Singapore i900. i910 users - do NOT attempt to install this update! Click through to the full topic for a very lively discussion already around this update! :(

It's cool to see Samsung not only bug fixing but also adding features to the device, nice work guys! B)

P

[Edited by Paul (MVP) for news]

Hi

I think u r taking about DZIA5? am i right? where can i find screenshoots and other detailed info about it?

Guest onlinejobwork
i900onboxsmall.png
Samsung have released a new ROM for the Omnia - DXIA5 - for download!

Weighing in at a monstrous 280MB(!), members are reporting a raft of new features in the update, including (as reported by members):

• Asphalt 4 racing game
  • Share Pix (sharing pics to the web)
  • One click settings for Flight mode, BT, Wifi, Vibrate, Motion, Etiquette, Mouse, Flashlight, USB mode
  • Improvements to phonebook application, including improved kinetic scrolling
  • Additions customisable widgets including CNN, Yahoo Stocks, Google search, Weather bar plus an option to download more from Samsung
  • Much improved alarm UI
  • New settings page split into 4 tabs - sound, display, power, memory plus 'All Settings'

Also included are a number of movie trailers, which goes some way to explain the huge download!

The update is targetting Singapore locale phones, so you'll need to tweak your device config if you wish to install on a non Singapore i900. i910 users - do NOT attempt to install this update! Click through to the full topic for a very lively discussion already around this update! :(

It's cool to see Samsung not only bug fixing but also adding features to the device, nice work guys! B)

P

[Edited by Paul (MVP) for news]

Dear Sir

I have problem ROM Upgrade see detail below:

I have Omnia UK Vodafone version phone

At the moment I have Custom ROM (i900-OMNIA-DXIA2-UPDATES-22.02.2009.exe) Version DXIA2

I download DZAI5 for Vista from Samsung Website but it showing incorrect software version even after select 'preconfigured' method and select Singapore country and default operator

PLEASE HELP ME HOW CAN I UPGRADE MY VODAFONE-uk OMNIA VERSION DXIA2 TO SAMSUNG ORIGINAL DZAI5 WITHOUT 'INCORRECT SOFTWARE VERSION ERROR'

PLEASE MENTION METHOD IN DETAIL WHERE I CAN MAKE SOME REGISTRY CHANGE TO GET THINGS WORKS

THANKS

URVISH

Guest onlinejobwork
So.... IA5 WAS NOT A HACKED/HEXED ROM ???

Anyone know if voice commands over phone and bluetooth work or not ?

DZIA5 from Singapore is English with Chinese Input enabled, DXIA5 from Phillipines site Englsih only.

Thanks

Dear Sir

At the moment I have Custom ROM (i900-OMNIA-DXIA2-UPDATES-22.02.2009.exe) Version DXIA2

I download DZAI5 for Vista from Samsung Website but it showing incorrect software version even after select 'preconfigured' method and select Singapore country and default operator

PLEASE HELP ME HOW CAN I UPGRADE MY VODAFONE-uk OMNIA VERSION DXIA2 TO SAMSUNG ORIGINAL DZAI5 WITHOUT 'INCORRECT SOFTWARE VERSION ERROR'

PLEASE MENTION METHOD IN DETAIL WHERE I CAN MAKE SOME REGISTRY CHANGE TO GET THINGS WORKS

THANKS

URVISH

Guest vinzSG

......continuation report of the new DXIA5/DZIA5 firmware......

1.(WIFI) still SUKCS big time!always disconnecting,low reception of wifi signal as in only 1 bar or barely,but my lappy is in 3-4 bars reception???also have HTC Touch 3G as well and it connects very fast even though its just one bar/never disconnects and continous wifi signal......dunno why samsung's is a bit underclassed???they(samsung)should do something about this immediately,coz it really is very pathetic for a hi powered ppc would be a real letdown when it comes to the internet and its wifi conectivity.....

1a.(YOUTUBE/FLASH MOVIES/STREAMING),still sucks as it was before,still no improvement to view the streaming videos specially youtube,dont wana install third party apps just to watch youtube or flash videos on my omnia!they should have this thing in the 1st place and no excuse whatsoever not to have them....my other phone(Touch 3g)very flawless in flv's it even have its own youtube icon/shortcut.....omnia here is really pounded on this round....ding,ding!......waiting for a fix!?

2.(BATTERY) is great when on standby will last you 4-5 days,but once you use wifi and gps,it goes down to 2 bars in a matter of hours....(depends really)just my personal experience......and calling out the whole day will deduct 2-3 bars on your battery life as well....

3.(PHOTOS) still can be blurry at times of low light,and when you move ur hand immediately after taking a photo,got to be very still for a few seconds.....camera phone is still inferirorwhen compared to a digital camera shots....but in general pictures are quite passable.....should do something about also.....

*BTW, anyone of you knows that,if you master reset the phone,do you still need to re install again the camera firmware "input keys"???*

4.(BLUETOOTH "MULTIPLE PIX") this one i really dont know how to bluetooth multiple pictures to another device at once,or is it really not included in the features of our Omnias,specially in media album,when u select all the pix and try to send em the option is grayed out,must view first 1 by 1 and send em 1 by 1,gggrrrrr!dunno for sure but it is really a hassle when you want to send or mark all the pix u want and send them all tru BT......JUST CANT!....anyone???

......will keep you posted for some more updates....

cheers ya all

Edited by vinzSG

Guest ErVoMK

Hello.

My Omnia version is:

PDA: i800XXHHC/PAHHC

PHONE: i900XXHH9

So there is one problem. I cant update the device to the last firmware.

I tryed with some numbers to change the default - Signapore, but there is no effect. Again and again the same error.

Please help me...

Thank you!

Guest erichkooi
Hi,

I have an omnia from Orange UK network which I had the following versions:

PDA: i900XXHH1/BVHH1 and I have upgraded to MSHJ1

Now I want to go from MSHJ1 to DZIA5

How can I trick my phone to do this?. I have already downloaded DZIA5 from samsung site.

Is DZIA5 in english?

DZIA5 is english and I am not sure whether u can upgrade directly or not but do read on the Samsung website and choose your local country.

Guest erichkooi
after upgrading the rom i feel that the motion sensor being less sensitive (requires a higher angle) inorder for it to be tilted.

and one experiencing the same problems too?

Hi Kenneth,

I am not sure as I seldom using motion sensor maybe other able to advise you on this.

Guest erichkooi
Dear Sir

THANKS

URVISH

Hi onlinejobwork,

I think once you in custom Rom, you need to do something before you can upgrade from Official Rom. This because the Official Rom unable to read or recognize your current Rom code something like that.

Google it.

Guest erichkooi
Hello.

My Omnia version is:

PDA: i800XXHHC/PAHHC

PHONE: i900XXHH9

So there is one problem. I cant update the device to the last firmware.

I tryed with some numbers to change the default - Signapore, but there is no effect. Again and again the same error.

Please help me...

Thank you!

Hi ErVoMK,

Your original firmware from Singapore?

Anyone can help our friend here?

Guest ErVoMK

^ Really dont know. I think the firmware is from Bulgaria on English language.

I can't fix the damn error.

I want to install the Signapore firmware version but the damn error... :(

Help please.

Thank you.

Guest Ashley90218

Anyone spoken or heard from any higher ups in the samsung mobile network worlds when this LATEST firmware will be avaliable in the UK

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dead2theworld

Hi I have a Samsung Omnia i900, bought from Dubai, UAE.

I recently visited the Omnia update site and tried downloading an update. When it asked me for my version number I enetered JPHJ1 (PDA : i900JPHJ1/JPHJ1 is what's written in Start>Settings>System>Version) but the site keeps telling me I entered the incorrect version.

So I tried installing it from the Singapore site but when I do that it asks me to download Windows Mobile Device Centre (which I already have) and then the update (which I did) but when I try isntalling it, it tells me to "install Windows Mobile Device Cente first" BUT I ALREADY HAVE!

I'm so confused PLEASE someone help me out... And i'm a bit of a novice so please be gentle

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pyroboy_UK

As of yesterday i updated my Omnia for the first time with the DXIA5 from Tarils page.

My version is now DXIA5/OMNIA. Is this the custom version of the Samsung ROM on this page?

If so is it possible that i can install this 280MB ROM onto my phone even though i am running DXIA5/OMNIA.

Thanks

Guest mk0604

Hi all,

At the moment I am running the following version.

PDA: i900DXHI3/DXHI3

Phone: i900XXHG3

Can i flash straight to this version or do I have to do it via some other updates first?. Also I am now running Windows Vista, so what is the best way of doing this?.

What advatages would I also get from doing this upgrade?

Still new to all of this so please be kind! :excl:

Mk.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest abeck

Hi,

I currently have version i908 ZHHH4 and am trying to flash to DZIA5 but my device keeps saying that it is the incorrect version/device/ etc. . .

when I go through the process laid out in a previous post:

"QUOTE

Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer

With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#

Select 'Preconfiguration'

Enter code *#81230*# and select OK

Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator

Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET

Run update, and all should be well."

my country is already showing Singapore and my Operator is SingTel . . . even though my ROM is obviously HK.

can anyone shed some light on how I can actually upgrade my ROM to DZIA5? I have tried flashing to a prior version of a DZxx rom but I am running Vista and can't seem to.

sorry, if this question is totally inane.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest treschen

Sucessfully Flashed to an official DXIA5 rom and I am from South Africa, phone feels much more responsive, took me a while to do, I don't recommend doing it on vista if u gonna follow the tweak...

Guest vlodek

I upgraded in Samsung Center in Bangkok. After the upgrade

its version is: PDA I900DXIA5/DZIA5 Phone DXIA2.

The total storage memory is only 76 MB . Is it because of the Chinese fonts ?

The total program memory is ok about 95 MB.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mastakila

hi,

some time ago I've changed my firmware to

PDA: i900DXIA5/OMNIA (custom ROM)

PHONE: i900DXIA5

now I've been trying to put i900MSHJ1 but when trying to flash after Downloading 1st file I'am getting "Download failed" message :/

I have also tried i900ACHJ2 but same thing happened...

any idea what to do?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest cguiao
Ive followed the links and its downloading DZIA5, this is newer? (mine is 279mb!!)

were you able to run this? i tried it but it said incorrect software version...i dont know how to fix it. help!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.