Omnia OR Touch Diamond?

Guest gemx

Hi,

since i have been absent for a while (had to use symbian :( ) and only watched these forum from time to time i decided to switch back to WM. :D

Now i am thinking about a WM Pro device which is quite up to date and still affordable.

I was using WM devices nearly from the beginning (still have my first WM device Mitac Mio 8380 for nostalgic reasons B) ), so i am quite aware about the general abilities.

I am just interested in the pros and cons between the Samsung Omnia and the Touch Diamond.

So it would be very nice if some could post some real live experience for both of these devices.

For me it's not a problem to flash such a device and i know xda-developers quite well, so reports based of "custom-cooked" roms are also appreciated :P

And please don't start a flame war. I am just intereset in some experience reports.

Thanks very much :P

Personally I would choose the Omnia.

Why? The VGA screen resolution on the Diamond looks fantastic, but doesn't really add more functionality... but the WQVGA screen on the Omnia does. The WQVGA also makes the Omnia faster than the Diamond.

I'm not a big fan of the TouchFLO 3D, but don't really like the widgets of the Omnia either, but the other Samsung today plugins are pretty decent.

The 16GB storage and a MicrSD slot of Omnia kicks ass compared to the lousy 4GB storage on the Diamond with no MicroSD slot.

And I have to say I like the mousepad... although many doesn't.

Guest vennerr93
Hi,

since i have been absent for a while (had to use symbian :( ) and only watched these forum from time to time i decided to switch back to WM. :D

Now i am thinking about a WM Pro device which is quite up to date and still affordable.

I was using WM devices nearly from the beginning (still have my first WM device Mitac Mio 8380 for nostalgic reasons B) ), so i am quite aware about the general abilities.

I am just interested in the pros and cons between the Samsung Omnia and the Touch Diamond.

So it would be very nice if some could post some real live experience for both of these devices.

For me it's not a problem to flash such a device and i know xda-developers quite well, so reports based of "custom-cooked" roms are also appreciated :P

And please don't start a flame war. I am just intereset in some experience reports.

Thanks very much :P

The omnia is a better phone, you see that by the specifications. the htc touch diamond isnt an omnia competitor but the htc touch hd is. touch diamond is in a legue down from the omnia.

Guest davey1980

i have the omnia and i love it, if theres something u dont like u can pretty much download a programme to change it, most HTC programmes works for the omnia too.

i give omnia thumbs up.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest drillbit

I would go with the Touch Diamond because I own one.

Omnia has a faster processor but the Diamond depending on which version has more memory. AT&T Fuze = 256mb, Sprint Diamond = 288mb. Compared to 128mb on the Omnia, at least in the form sold by Verizon. Verizon's Diamond is only 128mb.

Omnia has the bigger screen, but the resolution is lower. The Diamond has a smaller screen but in comparison its brilliant and very sharp, sharper than Apple's. Its so sharp that I can even read out nearly microscopic letters when I browse using Opera.

Omnia has the microSD slot, Diamond has none. Omnia has better camera at 5 mega, the Diamond at 3.2meg.

I would prefer the Diamond's Touch Flo interface than the Samsung Touchwiz interface. If you're in the US and you have the Sprint Diamond, the interface is even nicer because the Sprint variants use color neon icons like the latest Blackberries instead of the flat white icons. I also like the Diamond's screen keypad as opposed to the Omnia's.

The Diamond can easily charge out of any micro USB cable, even off a mini USB port without the port hooked to a computer. It does not require proprietary cables like the Samsung.

I feel that the Diamond is more of a business device while the Omnia is a consumer device.

In the end, I don't feel you would make a bad decision choosing any one of the two if you're looking at a WM device.

But if you're just interested on the Omnia or just choosing among Omnias, take a look at the Omnia HD and the decision now becomes a point between Symbian and Windows Mobile.

If you're just interested on HTCs, you may like to consider the Touch Pro which is the same phone as the Diamond but with a keyboard.

Edited by drillbit

Guest Adamthomson

I'm not gonna lie, this phone is slow as hell. It gets SO annoying after a while because it lags after you do anything. To write a txt there's a 3 second lag when it opens a message.

The only way to make it fast is by tweaking the s*** out of it, which I did. Now I'm very, very happy with it, especially since I managed to get free GPS and the FM radio unlocked. Also, I got that Shazam app that iPhone owners are always bragging about. So suck it Apple fanboys lol.