Geotagging photos

Guest sleighty

Guest sleighty

Has anyone been able to geotag their photos on the HD?

Cant find a way to enable it in camera settings. Perhaps there is an app to do this as on the TyTNII?

Looking at each photo's properties doesn't reveal anything either.

Maybe its not possible....

It's an option in HD Tweak, although I haven't tried it yet to see if it actually works. I took a few snaps out earlier so will have to check!

EDIT:

Photo information

Loading…

Feb 28, 2009

2592×1552 pixels – 1059KB

Filename: IMAG0033.jpg

Camera: HTC2

Model: HTC_Touch_HD_T8282

ISO: n/a

Exposure: n/a

Aperture: n/a

Focal Length: n/a

Flash Used: No

Latitude: n/a

Longitude: n/a

less info

I guess it didn't!

OK I have tried both Shozu and Locr and neither seem to save the position. In locr I can open a pic, and it will show the gps data, but when I copy the pic off the handset, it seems to be lost.

I am guessing there's a bug...

Edited by AlanJC

Guest Shuflie
It's an option in HD Tweak, although I haven't tried it yet to see if it actually works. I took a few snaps out earlier so will have to check!

EDIT:

Photo information

Loading…

Feb 28, 2009

2592×1552 pixels – 1059KB

Filename: IMAG0033.jpg

Camera: HTC2

Model: HTC_Touch_HD_T8282

ISO: n/a

Exposure: n/a

Aperture: n/a

Focal Length: n/a

Flash Used: No

Latitude: n/a

Longitude: n/a

less info

I guess it didn't!

OK I have tried both Shozu and Locr and neither seem to save the position. In locr I can open a pic, and it will show the gps data, but when I copy the pic off the handset, it seems to be lost.

I am guessing there's a bug...

What way do you copy the photos of the phone? Works fine on my macbook with iPhoto (have to manually browse to the right folder of course)

Guest AlanJC

I'm simply copying them to the PC and uploading to Picasa Web.

Doing the same thing on my N95 works, and this does not. Don't understand why.

EDIT: OK I found the option, everywhere I looked and in PM's people were telling me to look in advanced settings for this, it's actually an option on the 2nd page of "Capture Mode" and not in settings at all. No wonder I couldn't see it lol/

With this enabled, it works fine :(

Edited by AlanJC

Guest mba2008
I'm simply copying them to the PC and uploading to Picasa Web.

Doing the same thing on my N95 works, and this does not. Don't understand why.

EDIT: OK I found the option, everywhere I looked and in PM's people were telling me to look in advanced settings for this, it's actually an option on the 2nd page of "Capture Mode" and not in settings at all. No wonder I couldn't see it lol/

With this enabled, it works fine :(

Thanks for this tread and tips by AlanJC. It help me with my new HTC Touch HD for geotagging.

I switched from Omnia to Touch HD

Hi, thanks to the config suggestions here I've successfully (I think) got HD Tweak to allow geotagging on my HTC Touch HD. GPS initialises and image is output as GPS_00X.jpg...

- except that I cannot find the lat/long in the EXIF tags. At least not by viewing properies in Picasa or in Windows File Explorer (WinXP)- Right-Click>Properties.

Any suggestions as to how to view all tags / ensure I do have them in there? And further how to input them into Google Maps Mobile and other fun stuff (with/without Picasa?)

With thx, FBJ

Edited by FBJ

Guest mba2008
Hi, thanks to the config suggestions here I've successfully (I think) got HD Tweak to allow geotagging on my HTC Touch HD. GPS initialises and image is output as GPS_00X.jpg...

- except that I cannot find the lat/long in the EXIF tags. At least not by viewing properies in Picasa or in Windows File Explorer (WinXP)- Right-Click>Properties.

Any suggestions as to how to view all tags / ensure I do have them in there? And further how to input them into Google Maps Mobile and other fun stuff (with/without Picasa?)

With thx, FBJ

Dear FBJ;

Please go to http://www.panoramio.com, create an account. From here you can tag your photo in GoogleMaps