Bluetooth file transfer issue, no obex service?

Guest Stevenh

Guest Stevenh

Hi, tried using bluetooth file transfer for the first time today to send a file to my friend's phone. Didn't work. After we paired both phones, there is nothing listed under services for our phones and when we try to send a file, it says OBEX service not running on the other phone. I just tried with my G600 phone and that has OBEX and various services listed...

We are both using the custom ROM I cooked, but I did not remove any drivers or change settings that would disable bluetooth services, can anyone shed any light to this?

Also, looking under HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/*/* there doesn't seem to be any dlls listed for OBEX or DUN?

Thanks

Steven

Hi, tried using bluetooth file transfer for the first time today to send a file to my friend's phone. Didn't work. After we paired both phones, there is nothing listed under services for our phones and when we try to send a file, it says OBEX service not running on the other phone. I just tried with my G600 phone and that has OBEX and various services listed...

We are both using the custom ROM I cooked, but I did not remove any drivers or change settings that would disable bluetooth services, can anyone shed any light to this?

Also, looking under HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/*/* there doesn't seem to be any dlls listed for OBEX or DUN?

Thanks

Steven

Did you use Sztupy's Kitchen and checked "Remove IRDA drivers"? If so then you have an answer :(.

Guest Stevenh
Did you use Sztupy's Kitchen and checked "Remove IRDA drivers"? If so then you have an answer :( .

Ah... I was wondering about that... but it did say that IR drivers weren't required as i900 didn't have IR?? B)

Oh well, new ROM build tomorrow....

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks

Steven

ps. Do you have any tips on updating XIP/SYS (what's difference between the two anyways?) as I tried following Sztupy's instructions to do it manually but ended up with a non-booting IA2 build and tried a few different bootloaders but still couldn't get it to build... guess the kernel size must be different so xip.bin injection didn't work properly?

Ah... I was wondering about that... but it did say that IR drivers weren't required as i900 didn't have IR?? :(

Oh well, new ROM build tomorrow....

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks

Steven

ps. Do you have any tips on updating XIP/SYS (what's difference between the two anyways?) as I tried following Sztupy's instructions to do it manually but ended up with a non-booting IA2 build and tried a few different bootloaders but still couldn't get it to build... guess the kernel size must be different so xip.bin injection didn't work properly?

Do not remove "unused tests" - you want be able to change max volume and Irda Drivers - they are needed for BT transfer.

Do not update XIP/SYS - it does not give any benefit and is causing problems (again bluetooth and screen mouse stop to work properly).

Guest Stevenh
Do not remove "unused tests" - you want be able to change max volume and Irda Drivers - they are needed for BT transfer.

Do not update XIP/SYS - it does not give any benefit and is causing problems (again bluetooth and screen mouse stop to work properly).

Thanks, will rebuild tomorrow...

Guest Khuanchai

I know this happens. Do you have any idea to solve this? I don't think Samsung will upgrade its OS any further. If we want to upgrade to WM6.5 or WM7, we may need to sort this out by ourselves.

I know this happens. Do you have any idea to solve this? I don't think Samsung will upgrade its OS any further. If we want to upgrade to WM6.5 or WM7, we may need to sort this out by ourselves.

I haven't tried to port new OS to Omnia yet. When 6.5 comes out and Samsung won't release it's official update we will have face those problems. Mouse is not such a big problem (we can through it out - there is other similar tool called VirtuaMouse) but bluetooth is essential functionality of today's phones.