FingerKeyboard 2

Guest maad11

Guest maad11
Hi,

I followed the instructions, downloaded and installed the .cab, downloaded mod4 and mod5 rar files, unrar'd them on my laptop (since my omnia cannot read .rar), sent them to my own email, downloaded them onto my omnia and placed them in the skins folder, overwriting the existing files. All keyboards from FingerKeyboard will load, however all the black skins look wrong, the fonts are too large like you showed in your "before" pics, before you applied your mods. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Any ideas?

Did you also download and applied the mod no. 2? - that is the one that fixes the black skins problem.

Also, please check if the names of the files are correct - i.e. sometimes, for some mysterious reason my system (win xp) replaces the "-" with the "_" and in that case the files obviously do not work.

Hope this helps

Regards

Guest SuzukiDan

thats what im missing... mod2. thanks. any chance someone can point me to a good rar program for the i910? or just post the text file? B) thx

Guest bmn4711

Hi, thks for the post. Where i need to replace the .txt to make the keyboard in spanish? I´m new in the "omnia world", how can i install the keyboard? i didn't understood.

Guest maad11
Sorry if this is asked before, i cant find semi colon ( :( both text and numbers page are colon ( B) on English keyboard

If this is semi colon - ";" :( you can find it at capital C, both in portrait and landscape. Press Shift and C.

Hope this helps

Guest ECRodent

I looked and cant find this, maybe I am blind?

How do you send a msg when in landscape mode? THis seems to override the buttons on the bottom.

Thanks!

Guest maad11
I looked and cant find this, maybe I am blind?

How do you send a msg when in landscape mode? THis seems to override the buttons on the bottom.

Thanks!

Hide the keyboard by pressing the "keyboard" button and press "send".

Regards

Guest ciscokidinsf
Thanks maad11, this is best keyboard i have seen. and it's free! i have paid for spb one...but this one is better by a mile...

Same here, I had spb keyboard before this one... and this one is 10x times better. so a question.

I haven't uninstalled SPB keyboard yet, but I go to settings and tell the phone to default to fingerkeyboard, but instead, after every re-start, it GOES BACK TO SPB Keyboard. Any ideas on how to make sure the phone ALWAYS uses fingerkeyboard when re=starting?

Guest gianton
Same here, I had spb keyboard before this one... and this one is 10x times better. so a question.

I haven't uninstalled SPB keyboard yet, but I go to settings and tell the phone to default to fingerkeyboard, but instead, after every re-start, it GOES BACK TO SPB Keyboard. Any ideas on how to make sure the phone ALWAYS uses fingerkeyboard when re=starting?

I am using this app and let me choose my default keyboard. Set the time to 30 secs or more.

Guest Jumba
Any ideas on how to make sure the phone ALWAYS uses fingerkeyboard when re=starting?

See post #90 on page 5 of this thread. DefaultIM works perfectly on my Omnia whereas SIPChange crashed every time I reset.

Edited by Jumba

Guest maad11
See post #90 on page 5 of this thread. DefaultIM works perfectly on my Omnia whereas SIPChange crashed every time I reset.

Second that. The "default IM" works for me perfectly too. Here is the link again: "Default IM" - BTW, Thanks for the tip Jumba

Regards

Edited by maad11

Guest shabbyOnline

Great Keyboard Work Perfectly on my omnia but i need help all the languages working perfectly but arabic language is not working i need arabic language any help will be appreciated thankssss

Guest maad11
Great Keyboard Work Perfectly on my omnia but i need help all the languages working perfectly but arabic language is not working i need arabic language any help will be appreciated thankssss

It seems that arabic is one of the languages that are already included in the installation package... what is your problem?

Regards

Guest maad11
Hi guys,

I cant seem to type "#", whenever, i press the Shift+Q, it will show "!" instead,

how do i fix that?

thanks

1. Copy to your PC and open your layout file (you will find it in Program Files/FingerKeyb/Skins), for example: for English and portrait - it will be the file called: "skin-02-wqvga-port-01-eng.txt".

2. Find the line for the "q" key, looks like this

Key   1   2  22  31 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 q,1,Q,#			SC:q,SC:1,SC:Q,SC:!
3. Replace the last character to #...:
Key   1   2  22  31 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 q,1,Q,#			SC:q,SC:1,SC:Q,SC:#

Save the file, and copy back to your Omnia, agree to overwrite.

That is it !

Hope this helps

Guest dexstar

great app but i have a small problem, when using opera or trying to type a message in how do i make your finger keyboard the default as it keeps changing back to mskeyboard which is extremely annoying. any idea would be most appreciated, even deleted these extra keyboards would be handy

Guest maad11
great app but i have a small problem, when using opera or trying to type a message in how do i make your finger keyboard the default as it keeps changing back to mskeyboard which is extremely annoying. any idea would be most appreciated, even deleted these extra keyboards would be handy

Did you try "Defualt IM"? - see post #90 at the page 5 of this thread... It works for me.

Regards

Guest joex51

Very Nice Keyboard! I like the Slide up feature instead of having to change to the number screen to type in Numbers or certain symbols.

Nice Job on the MODs

Works like a charm on my Omnia

Guest pityah

maad11 - I must tell you - you did awesome work! even such lame like me installed FK with your mods on my omnia - and it works! and I was able to put "!" over "q" B) great job !