FingerKeyboard 2

Guest maad11

Guest Adrynalyne

Here is an ugly bug:

77894657.jpg

21020611.jpg

42594975.jpg

34545986.jpg

I get a phantom key (note the square at the top left in the screenies) on the pocket shield lock screen and Main Menu. As you can see, its quite pressable B)

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest maad11

@steff195

I do not know what you are doing, it is pretty simple - download mod 7, open the English layout, add the third line, save, overwrite and it is done:

english1.png

I am including the modified layout, as attachment - try this. It took me 1 minute to do it, and as you can see above it is working. Just double check the file name - must include "-".

@Omega Ra

The mods for landscapes work just fine, just use them as i version 2, there is an example:

english2.png

@Adrynayne I have no idea what is wrong, maybe it is the "Ice" skin that you are using, I am using 2 blacks and one gray and it is working just fine. I have seen that you asked at xda - maybe they will have some solution for you.

Regards

skin_02_wqvga_port_01_eng.txt

Guest Adrynalyne

Its any skin. Put your phone on autorotate, and then rotate it to landscape, then back to reproduce.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest maad11
Its any skin. Put your phone on autorotate, and then rotate it to landscape, then back to reproduce.

I just did. I put it on auto rotate, opened sms, typed a little, rotated it to landscape - typed a little, and repeated this procedure back and forth a few times - and I am fine. Nothing unusual happened. Everything is still OK. Maybe it doesn't like Pocket Shield (I am using S2U)???

Regards

Guest maad11
mod7 have 3 files,do i have to copy all 3 of them or just eng one?

For English, just download the file attached to my post # 204, a few above. It is the mod 7, adjusted to the version 2.1.

The remaining files in the package is the Polish layout, and numeric pad - but they need adjustment (adding the third "Size" line)

Regards

Guest steff195

Thanks, it worked... my fault was that I was modifying the landscape english file. A noob mistake. :(

I managed to modify the english file and the digits, but if I do the same change on the romanian portrait file, it doesn't change anything. Is there another change to be made for this file?

Thanks for the help, once again. B)

Guest maad11
Thanks, it worked... my fault was that I was modifying the landscape english file. A noob mistake. :(

I managed to modify the english file and the digits, but if I do the same change on the romanian portrait file, it doesn't change anything. Is there another change to be made for this file?

Thanks for the help, once again. B)

That is because in the original (your Romanian) you have to change the height of the keys, and its position (change the "Y" axis position). In the mod file - I have done it before.

Just open the mod English layout and your Romanian layout and change the following:

1. First Lane of keys (from q till p):

Original:

Key   1   2 22 31 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 q,1,Q,#			SC:q,SC:1,SC:Q,SC:#
Changed:
Key   1   2  22  40 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 q,1,Q,#			SC:q,SC:1,SC:Q,SC:#
So, you change 31 to 40 for each key in the first lane - it changes its height 2. Second Lane of keys (from a till l): Original:
Key  13  35  22  31 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 a,CSCHEME.Smile1,A,[,	SC:a,AC:Smile1,SC:A,SC:[
Changed:
Key  13  48  22  40 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 a,CSCHEME.Smile1,A,\,,	SC:a,AC:Smile1,SC:A,SC:\
So, you change 35 to 48 (position) and again 31 to 40 (height) 3. Third Lane of keys (from Shift till Backspace): Original:
Key   1  68  28  31 1,1,4,1 shf0 shf1 ,,				ACTION.Shift
Changed:
Key   1  94  28  40 1,1,4,1 shf0 shf1 ,,				ACTION.Shift
So, you change 68 to 94 (position) and 31 to 40 (height) 4. Fourth Lane of Keys (from numeric till Enter) Original:
Key   1 101  28  31 1,1,4,1 dig0 dig1 ,,				ACTION.NumericLayout
Changed:
 Key   1 140  28  39 1,1,4,1 dig0 dig1 ,,				ACTION.NumericLayout

So, you change 101 to 140 (position) and 31 to 39 (height)

After the fourth lane, delete everything until "LayoutEnd ResolutionEnd" text.

Do not forget to put "Size Size 240 180" as your third lane of text.

And that is it ;-)

Edited by maad11

Guest volsmcfalls

Maybe this has already been asked, but I assume the 2.0 mods do not work in 2.1? Do they have to be changed?

I really like the colored pressed key popups. Can those mods be applied to 2.1?

Guest maad11
Maybe this has already been asked, but I assume the 2.0 mods do not work in 2.1? Do they have to be changed?

In general:

1. Landscape layout mods work just fine with 2.1 version

2. Portrait mods need a little tweaking, please read a few posts above, also mod 7 included that works with 2.1

3. Highlighted keys in color mod does not depend on changing layout files, just simply changing bitmaps. so it works fine with 2.1

Regards

Edited by maad11

Guest andylyf

I used mod 7 and 8 for 2.1 and its working fine.

I also edited the txt file to customise some of the keys to suit my use.

e.g: i edit the shift+S to type out my entire facebook id.

Guest Adrynalyne
I just did. I put it on auto rotate, opened sms, typed a little, rotated it to landscape - typed a little, and repeated this procedure back and forth a few times - and I am fine. Nothing unusual happened. Everything is still OK. Maybe it doesn't like Pocket Shield (I am using S2U)???

Regards

The devs acknowledged the bug, but that its random, and not just on the Omnia.

However, fwiw, I found a workaround, enablign show bar in landscape and portrait.

Guest WolfpackInCO

Is there a way to get the hide keyboard button to show up with Mod #7? It's typically right of the arrows and disappears when the arrows go away?

Guest sylv696

i love this keyboard but i delete skins folder by mistake :'((

how to reinstall or remove and install fkb again

thx for any help

zajebista robota maad11

Guest maad11
Is there a way to get the hide keyboard button to show up with Mod #7? It's typically right of the arrows and disappears when the arrows go away?

Enclosed please find my new version of mod 7, the differences:

1. It is a bit smaller (the size of original layout of version 2.1)

2. It has the Keyboard Show/Hide Button in the bottom row - useful when the bottom taskbar is hidden

Looks like this:

mod721.png

The enclosed package includes 2 files (layout and types) that as usual need to be copied to your device, make sure that the file names include "-" and not "_" and restart the keyboard.

Regards

mod_7_for_2.1.rar

Edited by maad11

Guest taz55

Thank you for your help. I really like not having the arrows on the screen. my only concern is my shortcuts are replaced with yours now. how do I fix that? I tried to manually edit the file but it didn't work. i love the new layout. I just wish I could keep my own shortcuts throght the menu.

Edited by taz55

Guest andylyf

hi maad11, there's something i need your help, sorry to trouble you.

Can you upload the *bmp file for the space bar and enter? (greyred theme),

i like your space w/o the word "fingerkeyboard 2" and also the "enter" that i had is kinda fuzzy looking.

Thanks a lot

Edited by andylyf

Guest samHDS

Hi. just installed this on my omnia. works great. using the mod 7. will there be support for xt9 in future? or are there any tweaks? i only found the word suggesting. with xt9 this keyboard would be awesome.

Edited by samHDS

Guest maad11
Thank you for your help. I really like not having the arrows on the screen. my only concern is my shortcuts are replaced with yours now. how do I fix that? I tried to manually edit the file but it didn't work. i love the new layout. I just wish I could keep my own shortcuts throght the menu.

Shortcuts should be fine, I mean: you should be able to edit them under the Finger Keyboard settings tool.

Here is a piece of the layout code:

Key 157  44  22  38 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 j,CSCHEME.Shortcut1,J,CSCHEME.Shortcut4,		SC:j,AC:Shortcut1,SC:J,AC:Shortcut4

Key 181  44  22  38 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 k,CSCHEME.Shortcut2,K,CSCHEME.Shortcut5,		SC:k,AC:Shortcut2,SC:K,AC:Shortcut5

Key 205  44  22  38 1,1,4,1 key0 key1 l,CSCHEME.Shortcut3,L,CSCHEME.Shortcut6,		SC:l,AC:Shortcut3,SC:L,AC:Shortcut6

As you can see, it uses "shortcut#" command and not hardcoded string of characters (like: www)

Hope it helps

Guest maad11
hi maad11, there's something i need your help, sorry to trouble you.

Can you upload the *bmp file for the space bar and enter? (greyred theme),

i like your space w/o the word "fingerkeyboard 2" and also the "enter" that i had is kinda fuzzy looking.

Thanks a lot

It is a bit of work...

Download the attached archive. The 2 included bitmaps copy to your Grey Red folder in Skins, also copy the enclosed types.txt file to your Skins directory (overwrite).

Open your layout file, and find the line for the Enter/Return Key:

Key 173 128  38  31 1,1,4,1 ret0 ret1 ,,				ACTION.Return
and change "ret0" to "ret2", like this:
Key 173 128  38  31 1,1,4,1 ret2 ret1 ,,				ACTION.Return

Save it and overwrite to your skins directory. Make sure the file name is correct (with "-") and restart the keyboard. That should do the trick. The included files are only for Grey Red skin.

Hope this helps.

grey_red.rar