Call counters in Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional

Guest Rado

Hey guys, I believe this question is not specific to my Touch Diamond but to any Windows Mobile 6.1 device. I've been using Windows Smartphone 2003 for 4 years, and while I got used to the fact that I needed a separate application to measure my monthly GPRS data usage, it had the basic call counters which were enough for me, as it allowed me to see outgoing calls separately (my plan includes free minutes to any network) - see attached screenshot #1.

Now that I upgraded, I'm surprised to see only a single counter for all calls (actually 2 counters, but both covering all calls - incoming & outgoing, one being lifetime and one resettable - see the screenshot #2). Which is a bit of a disappointment. The simple counters in Windows Smartphone 2003 worked fine for me, but I guess I'll have to get some application to do this for me now? I've seen LCMinutes, but isn't there anything simple? I'd appreciate any recommendation. Or perhaps I'm missing something - and there's a way to find / enable the outgoing call counter directly in Windows?

As always, thanks for any clues! :(

post-116074-1235934302_thumb.png

post-116074-1235934308_thumb.png

Don't get me wrong, but I think I'm becoming paranoid! Whenever I post something, I don't get any response. :(

Anyway, I have a solution to my call counter needs. Looking at my old Windows 2003 Smartphone, I searched through the registry to locate the call counter information. Checking the same key on Diamond (Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro) it has the same set of keys - so it tracks everything the same way - separate counter for outgoing/incoming voice calls, data calls, summary for all calls and lifetime counters.

Even if I work mainly with Java these days, and only have an old box with Visual Studio 2003, I found a way how to compile against the .NET Compact Framework using notepad, so I have created a very simple app to just display these counters - screenshot attached.

I did not post this anywhere, as the GUI is pretty much hard-coded, etc, so I'm not sure how it would look on devices with other than VGA screen resolution (it should work but possibly the text would overlap). Maybe I'll clean it up and post one day. But if anyone wants to give it a try and test on their device, just let me know via personal message or replying to this thread. Currently it's just a single EXE file less than 6kB in size (it's actually smaller than the size of the screenshot file).

PS: It requires .NET compact framework 2.0, which should be bundled with Windows Mobile 6.0 and 6.1 devices, and available for installation on Windows Mobile 5.0 devices.

post-116074-1236087480_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...
Happy to try it on a bunch of different resolutions here if you like!

Hey - I'd be glad if you could give it a try, thanks! I did not manage to create a proper download page for it yet, but I did package the thing into a nice CAB and all, you can use this ugly and long, but direct link to download:

http://blog.bielik.org/wp-content/plugins/...wnload.php?id=1

Also the look of the program was updated slightly in the meantime (larger fonts, removed the "close" button - you can just tap anywhere to close it, or use the "exit" soft key) - see the updated screenshot attached to this post. Let me know your thoughts when you get a chance.

EDIT: I fixed the download link

post-116074-1238425118_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rado

• 5 months later...