OMNIA Official i900DXIA5 Firmware - released

Guest erichkooi

Any idea when UK is getting this update vodafone in particular. soudns great

I read on somewhere that this DZIA5 firmware had it UK equivalent already released just a week after the official release of the singapore DZIA5. I dont know if it is for vodafone branded omnia but try to search for it in the forums here or google it.

I might be wrong, maybe my memory is letting me down :(, but i think i read something abt this firmware u are looking.

Hello.

My Omnia version is:

PDA: i800XXHHC/PAHHC

PHONE: i900XXHH9

So there is one problem. I cant update the device to the last firmware.

I tryed with some numbers to change the default - Signapore, but there is no effect. Again and again the same error.

Please help me...

Thank you!

ur omnia is originally not from singapore. i think u have european ROM on it and u will require a EU Rom to upgrade it.

but if it is unbranded ( or u want to unbrand it,,, at ur own risk!) there are some threads here wich give a very good explanation how u can install a singapore ROM on an omnia that is preinstalled with EU Roms, i think there is a change to be made in the admin preconfig menu and some registry changes to be made before u can upgrade the singapore ROM.

good luck.

does the motion sensor require a higher angle for it to turn left/ right

This can be changed in the settings tab of the motion sensor.

u can increase or decrease the sensitivity of the motion sensor.

higher sensitivity will require less angle of rotation and vice versa.

Guest dwethiswar
I dont know if i can update with this one.

Currently my Omnia says the following.

PDA: i900XKHJ3/XKHJ3

Phone: i900XXHI4

And when i go to the site and i enter Netherlands (the omnia is bought there but was flashed via samsung to english)

It asks me to download a file called i900XKHJ3_updater_xp_1117.EXE

By using that file would that update me to i900DXIA5 and would it let my omnia stay in english or would it become dutch again?

Any answer on this question would help alot.

I'd like to know this too (from Belgium, same Firmware as you have); it's a pitty the updater.exe does not state which firmware it will update the device to. I guess it's newer than HJ3, else the site wouldn't say 'hey there's an update available', but I'd like to know which version it is exactly.

btw is there any way to do a very complete backup, ie including all text messages, all settings, registry maybe, and restore that onto new firmware? I only have the omnia for a month now, I'm keen on checking out new frimware, but not so keen of having to set everthing up from scratch again.

Edited by dwethiswar

Guest erichkooi

Hi All with DZIA firmware,

Do anyone know where i able to download "More Widget" from Internet and NOT FROM OMNIA homescreen- More Widget icon. I read somewhere in the forum "posted it widget" or "d-day widget" which these widgets doesnt appear on homescreen more widget icon. On top of that most of Homescreen More Widgets is useless for me or ppl who live in Southeast Asian Region.

Hi David,

So far on mine set, it doesnt feel slow in term of speed or performance.

Maybe you can tune up your registry for optimize performance of course their is a catch which would increase your storage space.

Here is the link that you can have a look:

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/howwha...rewhichwhywhen/

Guest dwethiswar
I'd like to know this too (from Belgium, same Firmware as you have); it's a pitty the updater.exe does not state which firmware it will update the device to. I guess it's newer than HJ3, else the site wouldn't say 'hey there's an update available', but I'd like to know which version it is exactly.

btw is there any way to do a very complete backup, ie including all text messages, all settings, registry maybe, and restore that onto new firmware? I only have the omnia for a month now, I'm keen on checking out new frimware, but not so keen of having to set everthing up from scratch again.

:bangs himself on the head a few times:

the firmware code in the upater.exe name is, off course, the one that it contains. So if you have HJ3 and the updater is i900XKHJ3_xxx.exe then when you run it it will say you already have that version. I wonder how long it will take before the DXIA5 (or DZIA5, probably exactly the same) will make it to europe.

oh, and for the backup, look around for PIMBackup, allows pretty good backup/restore without having to install Outlook.

Guest erichkooi
:bangs himself on the head a few times:

the firmware code in the upater.exe name is, off course, the one that it contains. So if you have HJ3 and the updater is i900XKHJ3_xxx.exe then when you run it it will say you already have that version. I wonder how long it will take before the DXIA5 (or DZIA5, probably exactly the same) will make it to europe.

oh, and for the backup, look around for PIMBackup, allows pretty good backup/restore without having to install Outlook.

SPB Backup is much better application, it backup everything.

More info: http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/

Guest slim33

Hi newbie here. My Omnia is still on firmware version DXHH3. Any problem with update to DZIA5 without first updating to DZHK3? I cannot find source to download DZHK3. Thanks for assist.

Guest erichkooi
Hi newbie here. My Omnia is still on firmware version DXHH3. Any problem with update to DZIA5 without first updating to DZHK3? I cannot find source to download DZHK3. Thanks for assist.

Hi Slim33,

Welcome to Modaco.

By theory it couldnt be not a problem, if it doesnt allow you to jump from HH3 to IA5 it would be prompted with an error message.

I dont think Samsung do not thought of this issue before their release the IA5 to everyone. It should be safe.

Good luck,

Eric

Guest justpratik
Is this the latest one after DXHK3? Can you advise whats the improvement with GPS in this ROM?

theres nothing with rom.

get destinator 7,

find the omnia skin.

find the map.

enable xtra download in enhanced gps.

just download some info for cold boot.

thats it.

gps lock will done in about 30sec.