QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest nscxp2005

OK, i'll try again. it seems to only happen when I close the messaging app. With that ROM would it be ok to restore my data from a Sprite Backup using personal backup?

Thanks

NSCXP2005

Guest chokia

I eagerly waiting for the version E with:-

1. BT Wake-up-with-power-button issue fixed

2. Opera Mobile latest version with Flash installed

3. Multilanguages support.

4. Latest 20757 XIP/SYS

5. M2D full version, Titanium and standard UI

Still with 120MB++ Device Storage Memory available!

Thanks Qbus, Sector and Khuanchai, you guys are great!

Guest Khuanchai
I eagerly waiting for the version E with:-

1. BT Wake-up-with-power-button issue fixed

2. Opera Mobile latest version with Flash installed

3. Multilanguages support.

4. Latest 20757 XIP/SYS

5. M2D full version, Titanium and standard UI

Still with 120MB++ Device Storage Memory available!

Thanks Qbus, Sector and Khuanchai, you guys are great!

Wow! That's a dream ROM! :(

I think we can at least make most of these but not all.

1. Wakeup bug has been fixed by Stevenh. Not easy but can be done.

2. This is not difficult I believe.

3. Same as 2.

4. 20757 is 6.1 not 6.5. Sector will come with his latest 6.5 21176 build real soon.

5. M2D is currently not fully fuctional for omnia, at least footprint never works. Titanium and standard UI are now OK but not perfect.

Lastly, I don't think we can get the finger mouse working.

3. Same as 2.

4. 20757 is 6.1 not 6.5. Sector will come with his latest 6.5 21176 build real soon.

5. M2D is currently not fully fuctional for omnia, at least footprint never works. Titanium and standard UI are now OK but not perfect.

Khuanchai,

sound very good to me. hope we'll get that idea ROM soon.

i don't think many people care about finger mouse since our devices are Touch Screen devices.

please keep up your good work

thanks

Edited by hlay

Guest mikecw

Great ROM Khuanchai (and thx to sector and QBUS for kicking it off...) - has anybody got active sync working on this ROM? I'm trying to sync with exchange server (via gprs), Omnia connects and indicates it is checking folders for changes and then dumps itself out for no apparent reason... Any ideas?

Mike

Guest janjan2

3. Same as 2.

where to download the new rom ..

Guest chokia
Great ROM Khuanchai (and thx to sector and QBUS for kicking it off...) - has anybody got active sync working on this ROM? I'm trying to sync with exchange server (via gprs), Omnia connects and indicates it is checking folders for changes and then dumps itself out for no apparent reason... Any ideas?

Mike

Mine working fine. Some exchange servers (like mine) need you to install certificate (usually the file *.cer) provided by your administrator and they always change due to security reason. Maybe you can check with the exchange servers admin.

Everytime i play with new ROM and before sych my email exchange i will click to this certificate file to install it. Then only i continue with the synch.

Guest Magpie2000k

Hi all

I havent had this problem with previous roms, but I cannot for the life of me align the screen.

Has anyone else had this problem at all, or can anyone offer any advise to bypass the align screen.

Cheers in advance

Guest mikecw

Thanks Chokia - already had the certificate installed; took the bull by the horns and reinstalled the rom, then installed certificate then synced... no problem - email, contacts and calendar all synched as expected.

But...

With device not attached to pc, and outlook open, as emails arrived they appeared in outlook and on Omnia; as i deleted on pc they deleted on Omnia (after manual sync) - expected behaviour... then I turned outlook off and watched emails arrive on Omnia, but this time when I delete mail from Omnia the sync bombs out with error code 0x80070057. Checking back in outlook the deleted mail has not been deleted. From here on in, no sync is possible... Google search on error code throws this up as regular error, but with no common "theme".

Turning the device on and off does not solve the issue, neither does a hard reset does; reinstalling the rom cures problem, but it quickly fails to sync once I start to use the messaging account on the Omnia...

One other observation - device will sync via usb cable before i use the messaging account on the Omnia; however, once it loses the ability to sync over the air, it will no longer connect via usb. The battery indicator changes to the "charging" icon, but no pop up window on device saying it's connecting, and neither does activesync open on pc...

Anybody else seeing this?

Mike

Guest thinkcool

Thanks to the pioneers (Sector, Qbus, Khunchai, and all the folks at modaco and pdaviet)

At least Omnia is guetting more sweet (best than any spb, iphonz, i....)

Catching the slick and pretty interface of the Titanium and Manilla is awesome! I don't believe that i'm just on a WQVGA screen!!!

Little question please:

How it is possible to set or disable the notification of forwarding sms on WM6.5?

Edited by thinkcool

Guest GodsGift
Latest 21176 SYS/XIP is in our hands, need to run more tests and probably will upload tonight the new version.

Thanks Kuanchai :(

Am excited now! what wonders will this new firmware hold?

GG

Guest nscxp2005

Does anybody know here how to get the radio workiing with Khunchai's ROM? I select radio and it asks me to connect a headset.

I am using a Jabra bluetooth headset.

Please can anybody advise me.

All the best

NSCXP2005

Guest plvt_florian

:( First of all i want to tanks you guys for all of your good work.this is the best think that hapend to my omnia-baby since i bought it.of course there are some bugs but i dont realy care about it.i have instaled the d version and i can say that i am very pleased.keep up with the good work.

Guest abunhyan

good news sector

Can u inclode 2D manila in ur NEW rom

i think most of the users like it

thanks ans waiting for ur NEW rom link

all the best

Guest viruz187

Be sure to check "WINDOWS BLACK THEME" in settings and RESET PHONE for full experience

when i do this the new interface doesn't appear what did i wrong?

i had the latest version d on my phone

Guest janjan2
Be sure to check "WINDOWS BLACK THEME" in settings and RESET PHONE for full experience

when i do this the new interface doesn't appear what did i wrong?

i had the latest version d on my phone

The d version is not the latest version..Sector has the Latest 21176 SYS/XIP,hope he will upload it soon...

1: start ->setting today and check windows mobile black

2: items ->Titanium

3: start -> setting ->system -> large display uncheck the use large start menu

4: restart

Edited by janjan2

Guest nscxp2005

Hi mate,

Did you select Titainium from the items tab under the today settings?

If you select that and reset your phone you will have the full experiance.

All the best

NSCXP2005

Latest 21176 SYS/XIP is in our hands, need to run more tests and probably will upload tonight the new version.

Thanks Kuanchai :(

hi sector,

is there any good news on the new version?

thanks