QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest sector

- i havent used Fingerkeyboard but it was mentioned that doesnt work when it is cooked.

- i have added .netcf3.5 but i will check it out again.

- i heard about this itouch but i think works only for touchflo. i saw the registries keys which replaces/adds and have nothing to do with regular winmo installation.

- i havent had problem with comm volume, please also report if other guys have also the same prob.

Guest niko81

ok so why I can't install net 3.5 with a cab and NET CONFIGURATION if you check it out ?

and maybe it change nothing to the registry but the itouch have an effect on the start menu.

And I resolve my problem, I change the icon in the system bar with grigoris_a_taskbar new.cab, the volumes button control work now in communication.

AND finally, why we must resize,rename and put manually in the windows folder, to have the same image in today and in the startmenu bacground?

Guest sector
ok so why I can't install net 3.5 with a cab and NET CONFIGURATION if you check it out ?

and maybe it change nothing to the registry but the itouch have an effect on the start menu.

And I resolve my problem, I change the icon in the system bar with grigoris_a_taskbar new.cab, the volumes button control work now in communication.

AND finally, why we must resize,rename and put manually in the windows folder, to have the same image in today and in the startmenu bacground?

i dont know why u cannot install it.

for itouch if u like it you can install it on your own, i have to check it good first before including it to the rom, if i will.

for the volume it should be working, do the hardware buttons work?

you have to read more about tsk and then you can create your own to make it look all alike.

ps: remember it is still a beta rom, dont expect everything to work perfect and everything can be patched.

Edited by sector

Guest lubo777
Sector, I used your version D and now your version E1, lots of bugs are lost, E1 is verry more fast in start menu, your htc's menu is wonderfull to use i900 with finger, thats is good news.

and my quetsions:

why did'nt you put finger keyboard dirrectly in the rom?

why did'nt use the cab call : itouch_azharsunny.cab for the screen sentivity? I try this and you see the difference!

Have you a solution for my problem of communication's volume button?

itouch_azharsunny.cab is realy a very good tool for MAX touch response sensitivity - with it Omnia is a completely differenet telephone B)

Guest lubo777

Sector I tested today E1 version an have to say that it's very good job! Thank you!

I think that you, Khuanchai and QBUS are doing really very good hacking on WM.

I think that it's a good idea also to add in future roms the VoIP configuration tool (available here: WM6VoIPFull.cab ) - WM 6.x have very good working VoIP SIP support build in - just need some sample config application, after that you don't need some strange programs like fring and etc to have VoIP on your phone, because you allready have it but it's ... hidden

Edited by lubo777

Guest sector

oki i will include the sensitivity cab in newer version.

for the VoIP dont we need BT audio fix to work? can you explain what does it do? i know what is voip you have to give me some more info about it.

Guest sector

i havent seen so much diff to be honest, i think everything is in the mind that we expect to see.

but i will include it if it has effect on you B)

hi, does anyone here know a good weather apps like the one built-in TouchFlo to replace the MSN Weather? i have to connect to wifi or GPRS to check weahter on the same day which already update, MSN weather is suck

Guest Omnia-Winker

Hi all.

Thanks again for a excellent work in progress 6.5 rom.

Been using it over 24hrs and very happy with it.

had a disaster last night caused by the locking of the device using the 6.5 lock function, ended up hard resetting and then turning off this function....(then read about everyone's problems, school boy error!!)

I am running manila2d touchflo and I am very very happy now...I wasn't so impressed running this on 6.1 as the startmenu was always clunky...however with the new honycomb design of 6.5 it makes using the omnia a breeze....

happy to report.

Galarm 1.4 works no problems.

PRSS Reader working great.

S2U2 1.52 working

downloaded a rar file called wm65cabs.rar but none of contents worked or made any impovements,, it contains a ie8 cab...but the one cooked in the rom is far better....

avoid if you come across this.

overall speed of OS is great.....having a few issues with keyboard..not allowing phonepad input but quick change to full keyboard.

suggestion! can we have a sticky with a grid showing apps working with 6.5 ???

Keep it up....Wink!

Guest Khuanchai
HI khuanchai

Just waitting for ur second perfect ROM M2D without BT fix bez this will a void some small bugs in waken up the phone

sometimes my phone rings and no light on and sometimes when i want to use my phone and press any botton to waken it up it wakes without light also to tell u the troth this annoying problem and i think its bez of BT fix

please if u can upload ur NEXT ROM i will be thankfull

ALL the pest

hi, does anyone here know a good weather apps like the one built-in TouchFlo to replace the MSN Weather? i have to connect to wifi or GPRS to check weahter on the same day which already update, MSN weather is suck

I'm back. I'll make 2 ROM's today and upload when finished. (21176 + M2D without BT fixed and 20270 + M2D with BT fixed)

Agree with hlay that M2D weather is more convenient.

Edited by Khuanchai

I'm back. I'll make 2 ROM's today and upload when finished. (21176 + M2D without BT fixed and 20270 + M2D with BT fixed)

Agree with hlay that M2D weather is more convenient.

thank you so much Khuanchai for your good works

i've just bought you a beer B)

Edited by hlay

Khuanchai, is that ok to get Fingerkeyboard & HTC TaskManager in your (21176 + M2D without BT fixed) ROM?

Thanks

Edited by hlay

Guest sector

i will try them also in clean rom, sensitivity + black dialpad from shokka B). and check any other problems of course. most probably will be released later next week.

i will try them also in clean rom, sensitivity + black dialpad from shokka B). and check any other problems of course. most probably will be released later next week.

it sounds great sector. look like we'll have more perfect ROMs to choose from. :(

thanks guys

Guest niko81

I confirm my volume's button don't work in communication, i don't know why.

soft reset and favorite hackings can't help me.

but it's a good rom, with some of tools and manuely works on it, we can get a very good phone!

I know it's in development, felicitation, and I know the best will be arrived!!!

Glad to hear ROM news!Hope you can fix email,keyboard,interface,performance.I use E1 but sometimes my omnia frezee.It's rarely with another ROM(taril's ROM, PDAVIET WM6.5 20B...)

Guest chokia

Khuanchai thanks for the update,

Can you make new separate thread for your ROM cause members getting confuse with discussion and issues with E1 here in the same thread.

By the ways is there any difference between build 21176 and build 20270 ?

Apart of lock problem i really like 21176 BT fixed you've released, now with downgrade to 20270 i wonder what will i missed?

Can we have other asian language support (Chinese, Japanese korean and not just Thai)?

Edited by chokia

Guest sector

new SYS/XIP is out versioned 21189.

user reviews:

Titanium is smoother, Honyecomb almost perfect...

well we have to check it out then, shall we? B)

this week we have more porting to do i guess. i will notify and start from monday with the rest of the pimps!

take care

here are some ss from vga

thatfunkybird.png

21189.jpg

Edited by sector

Guest lubo777

user reviews:

this week we have more porting to do i guess. i will notify and start from monday with the rest of the pimps!

take care

super! 21189 will be my next reflash :(

Guest Khuanchai
Khuanchai thanks for the update,

Can you make new separate thread for your ROM cause members getting confuse with discussion and issues with E1 here in the same thread.

By the ways is there any difference between build 21176 and build 20270 ?

Apart of lock problem i really like 21176 BT fixed you've released, now with downgrade to 20270 i wonder what will i missed?

Can we have other asian language support (Chinese, Japanese korean and not just Thai)?

Thanks for your suggestion. I will make a new thread that will have TF2D ROM only.

21176 is WM6.5 but 20270 is WM6.1. Someone may want to stay with 6.1 that is more stable while 6.5 ROM is in its beta phase. If you go back to 6.1, you will have a very stable ROM with BT fixed and has no problem with the lock screen. However, you will miss those new 6.5 features: titanium today GUI, honeycomb start menu, MSN widgets, etc.

I change my plan a bit since I have got the new 21189 ROM today. So the next one will be 21189 M2D ROM with BT fixed, followed by 21189 M2D ROM without BT fixed, and finally the 20270 M2D ROM with BT fixed.

Will upload them soon. B)

For Asian languages support, I believe my ROM already have all countries' regional settings. However, it can internally read Thai and English languages only. You may need your font files to make your device be able to read your languages. If you send me your tahoma and tahomabd fonts for your language, I may be able to put them in.

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest simon02

user reviews:

take care

here are some ss from vga

thatfunkybird.png

21189.jpg

Sector - would you please paste link to latest version ? I'm little bit confuse and don't know what version should I download for my Omnia

Thanks

Simon

Guest Khuanchai
Khuanchai, is that ok to get Fingerkeyboard & HTC TaskManager in your (21176 + M2D without BT fixed) ROM?

Thanks

Thank you hlay for your support. I've tested in 21169 and 21176 and found that there was a problem with HTC task manager version 2+. I will retest it with new builds. Will also test the Finger keyboard.