QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest Mike178

Hi Sector,

Off topic question if u don't mind..

the samsung omnia HD is coming out soon this month, and it is running symbian v5...

my question is it is possible to flash a symbian device to windows mobile? is this possible theorically or it is a different core and hardware scheme?

Edited by Mike178

Guest sector
Hi Sector,

Off topic question if u don't mind..

the samsung omnia HD is coming out soon this month, and it is running symbian v5...

my question is it is possible to flash a symbian device to windows mobile? it this possible theorically or it is a differnt core and hardware scheme?

no u cannot i think.

===

Here is the claunch fix. claunchfix.rar

overwrite in \Windows\

Im working on weather but i have removed the Spil icons. Do you want them back?

EDIT: i made it that way so u can have only 1 option in weather to save more space.

Guest GodsGift

sector,

Quick question.... I am getting my new digitizer this week (fingers crossed) and before I fit it i was thinking about flashing back to latest the official ROM (in case it goes badly wrong and has to go in for repairs)

I am currently on R1L (and lovin it)

Is there any problem going to an older official 6.1 ROM from yours?

Cheers,

GG

Guest thePuck

Not really )) It's Ok

Comm Manager got same problem

post-509839-1243942294_thumb.png

Edited by thePuck

Guest sector
sector,

Quick question.... I am getting my new digitizer this week (fingers crossed) and before I fit it i was thinking about flashing back to latest the official ROM (in case it goes badly wrong and has to go in for repairs)

I am currently on R1L (and lovin it)

Is there any problem going to an older official 6.1 ROM from yours?

Cheers,

GG

no problem at all

Guest sector
Not really )) It's Ok

Comm Manager got same problem

post-509839-1243942294_thumb.png

add icon again. the icons are in \Windows not in other dir. it works for me i just tried it. <_<

If u want i will give Spil icons to replace with Stardock, but later.

Guest j_p_harrison

G'day from Australia Sector,

Just a quick post to highlight something which everyone may benefit from...

I've been using your ROMS since version L, but recently have been bouncing between your new releases and that of Khuanchai...

The main reason for this has been touch screen responsiveness. His seem to be A LOT more responsive to screen touches and less jilted in menu scrolling.

Even on R1L i find myself tapping the screen several times before i get a response!

Maybe it's because his ROMs are lighter than yours in terms of stripped programs. Maybe there are hidden processes in your releases to enhance useability. Maybe it's something else entirely. I've tried doing a reg edit to fix this but to no avail.

Does anyone else have this issue? If so, solutions?

Guest bluey09
no u cannot i think.

===

Here is the claunch fix. claunchfix.rar

overwrite in \Windows\

EDIT: i made it that way so u can have only 1 option in weather to save more space.

Yes please bro ... Spil icons are much better than the stardock ones :$

Guest foxmylife
what do u mean my final project? it will be the first 6.5 in july

which keyboard, what kind of problem?

it should. <_< .

Hi Sector, sorry I didn't explained myself clearly.

1. You are releasing a new version of your ROM almost every week which is a lot of work for you. Are you close to the end of your work?

2. For my problem, I'm using the Samsung Keypad and I also tried with all the keyboard installed in your ROM. Sometimes, nothing works on Opera and Google Maps and I have to soft reset my Omnia.

Guest cobrica

Has been this bug fixed..if somebody is calling you and phone is locked if you anser with hardware button that i will answer?

Guest GodsGift
The main reason for this has been touch screen responsiveness. His seem to be A LOT more responsive to screen touches and less jilted in menu scrolling.

Even on R1L i find myself tapping the screen several times before i get a response!

Does anyone else have this issue? If so, solutions?

actually I have noticed this but only just today on R1L

previously no problems. although I have been experimenting and have disabled titanium (i use MS3) and will report back.

GG

Guest grop

hi Sector, great rom , the only "bad" feedback i found is touchscreen sensitivity, i noticied little differences between last Shokka's rom and your last rom..on your you have to "push" much more on touch screen to have a response..

is there any tweak to improve sensitivity?

Guest johoe

Hi Sector,

there are really only good things to tell about your rom! I switched to 6.5 before the weekend and after testing the roms out there, I ended up with your's - simply the best for my needs! Very fast and stable - really fall in love with this one, hehehe.

The only issue I have (not sure, if this has anything to do with your rom):

I want to add a new panel with applications or web pages (my favorites) with CHome Editor. I can create a panel and this shows up in titanium. But when I try to add pages (application) to this panel and select the "link" option in CHome editor, it quits with the error message shown below and nothing is added. Is there somthing I am missing, or does this simply not work that way?

post-332027-1243943078_thumb.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot - your wrote the touch issue fixed now - I still had to remove the "MinimumTapTime" registry key for optimal performance...

keep up your great work, regards

johoe

Guest neilgf
Go to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GWE\Touch\Filter]

and delete "MinimumTapTime"=dword:28

wait 30 seconds and reboot. it fixed my touch.

Guest rappetor
Hi Sector,

there are really only good things to tell about your rom! I switched to 6.5 before the weekend and after testing the roms out there, I ended up with your's - simply the best for my needs! Very fast and stable - really fall in love with this one, hehehe.

The only issue I have (not sure, if this has anything to do with your rom):

I want to add a new panel with applications or web pages (my favorites) with CHome Editor. I can create a panel and this shows up in titanium. But when I try to add pages (application) to this panel and select the "link" option in CHome editor, it quits with the error message shown below and nothing is added. Is there somthing I am missing, or does this simply not work that way?

post-332027-1243943078_thumb.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot - your wrote the touch issue fixed now - I still had to remove the "MinimumTapTime" registry key for optimal performance...

keep up your great work, regards

johoe

Try to re-install CHome editor. That fixed kinda the same bug for me a few roms earlier. I think this is the correct link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=506951

Guest Mike178

I don't know why all of you guys are complaining from the touch sensitivity, i think this is done by purpose, because before it was difficult to navigate from on page to another in a single pannel, now i find it very convenient, for example while switching from word page to excel, i don't have to close word several times because of the sensitivity....

but anyway this in my opinion i think)))))))

Guest Masta92
I don't know why all of you guys are complaining from the touch sensitivity, i think this is done by purpose, because before it was difficult to navigate from on page to another in a single pannel, now i find it very convenient, for example while switching from word page to excel, i don't have to close word several times because of the sensitivity....

but anyway this in my opinion i think)))))))

+1

Guest tranxilium

Hi Sector,

I just want to tell you that i´ve just installed your last ROM and it´s simply incredible.

Your work is awesome!

There goes a deserved donation.

Regards from Spain

Guest johoe
Try to re-install CHome editor. That fixed kinda the same bug for me a few roms earlier. I think this is the correct link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=506951

thanks for your reply, but I'm sorry to say that this does not help - whenever I click the browse button to select a exe or lnk file to add the ACTIONURL, the applications quits with this error.

UPDATE: could this problem be related to the fact, that the most files (*.cpr) are readonly, system, rom etc.?

johoe

Edited by johoe

Guest grop
+1

its not a complain, Sector want to know some feedback ..

I find my solution with the Registry tweak of Sector and now touch sensitivity is perfect <_<

Guest leoms17

Hi Sector! I flashed to R1L today, everything seems ok.

I use Samsung Today 2 homescreen and I noticed that sensitivity was very poor, also double tapping to open folders in Total Commander was a pain in the ass. All the windows things worked just fine.

I tried the registry tweak and everything is back to normal.

Guest copperfield
Hi Sector! I flashed to R1L today, everything seems ok.

I use Samsung Today 2 homescreen and I noticed that sensitivity was very poor, also double tapping to open folders in Total Commander was a pain in the ass. All the windows things worked just fine.

I tried the registry tweak and everything is back to normal.

Which reg tweak ??! Could you explain please ?