QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest grop

great rom Sector, nomore lag on titanium,and great touch..

can i ask if the soft "QUICK MENU" is in the original rom or if you put in yourself? cause i see that when you use it HTC manager cant be used cause it desapear ..

sorry for english <_<

Edited by grop

Guest bundia

hey sector

a friend of mine bought a new omnia from "orange"

and it's already unlocked ..

and wants to flash it with a new ROM

but i think if the rom is too old i cant just put yours on it right away i think it could brick it or something

PDA:I900XXHH1/BVHH1

PHONE:I900BVHH1

should i like .. flash and hh3 first then start with the newer ones ? or what should i do ?

thanks alot for ur help <_<

Guest Mothamoz

hey guys!

i have another question, i hear people asking about so called ''phone parts''.

as i am trying to learn more and more about the mobile phone scene, and just flashed my omnia aswell with this ROM, i wanted to know this.

So; what is a phone part and what can you do with it?

Thanks in advance!! <_<

Edited by Mothamoz

Guest djtosh

Hi Sector, is there any point flashing to s1, im on r1 at the moment, everytime i flash it takes me a few days to restore everything I used to have on my phone. I find myself installing cabs whenever i get a 5 minute break in work and as soon as I feel I have it back to normal, i check the site and find a new rom by you lol. so just wondering if im better of waiting for a few more updates before I flash?

thanks keep up the good work ur roms are by far the best

Guest sector
hey sector

a friend of mine bought a new omnia from "orange"

and it's already unlocked ..

and wants to flash it with a new ROM

but i think if the rom is too old i cant just put yours on it right away i think it could brick it or something

PDA:I900XXHH1/BVHH1

PHONE:I900BVHH1

should i like .. flash and hh3 first then start with the newer ones ? or what should i do ?

thanks alot for ur help <_<

yes it is better to follow this procedure.

Hi Sector, is there any point flashing to s1, im on r1 at the moment, everytime i flash it takes me a few days to restore everything I used to have on my phone. I find myself installing cabs whenever i get a 5 minute break in work and as soon as I feel I have it back to normal, i check the site and find a new rom by you lol. so just wondering if im better of waiting for a few more updates before I flash?

thanks keep up the good work ur roms are by far the best

well... :) what to say. it's up to you. I think S1L is much better than R1, as i tweaked it more than before.

Guest djtosh

thats not my point my point is if i go to s1 today will t1 be out tomorrow, i.e. what are u aiming for in ur rom updates, just to keep cooking or reach a final version?

Guest sector
thats not my point my point is if i go to s1 today will t1 be out tomorrow, i.e. what are u aiming for in ur rom updates, just to keep cooking or reach a final version?

yes <_<. we still havent finished the alphabet!

Guest nachopablo

hey sector

Thank you for your job. Do you have Office in spanish?

Excuse me my English is very, very little.

Thanks

Guest sector
oY Fella!!!

I got a lil bug wit my taskbar and would like to know if someone could fix it for me

Here is the bug post-478695-1244227845_thumb.png

Append when I reset

no other pb

If someone can help...if not I will do it <_< :) B)

you installed a taskbar vga/wvga device... :D

uninstall it!

hey sector

Thank you for your job. Do you have Office in spanish?

Excuse me my English is very, very little.

Thanks

sorry no :S

arggghhh I only flashed R1a at lunch today...... and my data cable is at work..

my Omnia is dizzy ha ha..

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest bundia

are there like some steps i should not pass .. like -should- i do the DXHH3? or any other roms on the way up till the S1 now .. ??

Guest sector

are there like some steps i should not pass .. like -should- i do the DXHH3? or any other roms on the way up till the S1 now .. ??

flash DXHH3 or DXHK3, then i think DXID1 :) (to have also the official phone)

and then any 6.5 rom.

===

Here is a free game to test HTC Sensors <_<, called Teeter.

Teeter_Game.cab

Guest xXJohnXx

You sure keep bissie sector <_<

In search for the perfect tweak :D

If i may ask something ?

How much time do you Sleep ? B)

Ltr :)

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

Hey sector & ppl...

As Always, bow to the master. I always wow then I get in here <_<

Anyways, this one looks a long post (I had a long reading of like 10 pages? and stacked a few answers). So, beware...

Hi again! I've seen these hexagons in the Start Menu, like the picture a couple of posts above this one. The colour is fading from the perimeter and inwards. In my phone (and I've falshed all roms since O1L) the hexegons are always fading from top to bottom. Is there any way one can change this? Are those other hexagons just from old WM65 builds?

It's actually a PNG file (called "StartMenu_Selection.png") in \Windows folder. Get that file on your computer, change or edit (or re-create) the file as goes on with your taste and put it back on the phone overwriting the old one (you might need a WM file manager like resco explorer or total commander for that). Soft-reset and you should see it on your own honeycomb :)

Don't forget to upload the image on WM6.5 Goodies thread, maybe someone else might like it too (preferably with a screenshot?)

well..I can't align my screen...(Do you know a way to fix that?? if I try to align it from settings I need to soft reset it without any result)

but .. honestly...who cares??

Well, I remember someone posting some registry info about making the "BEST" alignment automatically B) It must be somewhere on this forum. I recommend searching a topic like "Omnia sensitivity solved" or something like that (not in the ROM sub forum, but the main i900 one).

Yeah thanks... Java works now (it insisted on not starting for my bank's online app)

How can i add a picture to a contact so it is displayed when he/she is calling me?

There are a few ways to do that.

1) Open contacts on the phone, go ahead and select the contact, select menu->edit. Click the "picture: Select picture" field and select the picture you want for that contact. Click ok to save it.

2) Open the picture file that you want to assign with Windows' default "Pictures and Videos" and select Menu->Save->Save to Contact... Select the desired contact from the list

3) If you're using Outlook and syncronizing your phone with it, just assign a photo to your contact on Outlook. The photo would be sync'ed too :D

I guess those are good to go, right?

Pardon me for spoonfeeding. Any kind bros here got better cab file for keyboard. Quite boring with samsung keyboard and also the keyboard.

Samsung keyboard keys are so big that occupied almost 1/3 of the screen whereas the keyboard is so small.

Have you tried Finger Keyboard? If not I advise you to search this forum or xda-developers.com for that.

yes i will make it to later roms smile.gif

i was running with 20mb as u remember and no problems also.

but you know users sometimes overload the memory biggrin.gif

Yep, that's me :P) Phone Log, G-Alarm, Batti (yeah, I like it), voice-command and activesync allways on :D We'll need a "How to solder more rams on Omnia" thread soon I guess :D

Edited by Emre SUMENGEN

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

And now, my questions...

1) Do anyone experience lock-ups while having phone and wifi power management OFF? I had it like that and my phone went to standby while connected to wifi. It never made it back <_< I had to remove the battery. (There were no running apps, it was just connected) (on R1)

2) I remember some post about Omnia Internal Audio settings, but couldn't find that post/topic. Anybody remember that? (My phone sounds crack still)

Guest neilgf
And now, my questions...

1) Do anyone experience lock-ups while having phone and wifi power management OFF? I had it like that and my phone went to standby while connected to wifi. It never made it back <_< I had to remove the battery. (There were no running apps, it was just connected) (on R1)

2) I remember some post about Omnia Internal Audio settings, but couldn't find that post/topic. Anybody remember that? (My phone sounds crack still)

For No 2. this one maybe http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...-volume-levels/

Guest keoni69

So im deciding to move to 6.5 and give it a shot. But before i do that, i have a question.

Sector can you tell me, or anyone, what applications are working well with 6.5 or which ones are the ones that are not compatible with 6.5? or if theres alerady a post made for this? or if all the apps works just fine with 6.5?

To be honest i havent been active in the ROMS section only but i would like to know if at this point is it worth upgrading to 6.5? by worth i mean stable, compatible with most apps, or bugs free etc. I mean Sector's ROMS look very sweet but i would like to know that first. Im currently using Taril's ROM which it has been good to me very stable etc. So any help would be very welcome.

Thank you <_<