QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest Chad Petree

i dont like neo titanium neither, too much things going on, clutter, etc =/ i prefer the default titanium

Edited by Chad Petree

Guest lupus_hegemonia

Dear countryman Sector, I maybe was the FIRST I've "flash" your NEW Rom with this SUPERB/AMAZING new UI!!! (It was 2' after I saw your new entry in the first post!)

From the visual point of view... I think THERE IS NO OTHER Rom in the planet, MORE BEAUTIFUL like this last of your!!! AMAZING icons, graphics, etc. You can't leave your eyes from it!... And the same was with the AUDIO part, the new (many) sounds.

Now... the technical part.

It's NOT THAT stable as your last SUPERB 23009s of yours (Lite & M2D - I've "flash" before 2' the second one)... I've notised quite GAPS between applications and changing menus, etc. There wasn't good scrolling, nice and superb screen sencitivity like it used to be, etc.

The internet connection was... almost imposible, with the D1 radio. The phone signal, though, was great.

I coundn't get a descent connection to update the Titanium Weather too...

I've installed the SPB keyboard and there WAS NO WAY to open the settings to register - and the Rom was "freezed"/crash and I was making manual soft-resets.

GENERALY... I think you may have to check some things "here & there", to fix some few lacks in the stability... because... MY DEAR FRIEND... THIS IS THE BLOODY THING I'M LOOKING FOR!!! I want that damn Rom, pretty much!!!

The phone with this Rom's visual/menus... is COMPLETELY A NEW "OMNIA 1.2", before the OMNIA II!

Cheers..., SUPERB WORK..., and I'm waiting to fix some things, dear lad!

Regards,

Romilos.

Edited by lupus_hegemonia

Guest phewie

Hi Sector,

1) weather when updated showing me a Big red X ... is there a fix for it?

2) typing SMS seems like the button response is very slow... I have to type very slowly ...

3) even pressing the phone numbers also is very slow ... cannot do it fast ...

regards

Edited by phewie

Guest Dj DeNiMz

just one littel gripe other from that fine is with the themes it wont let me chage them it goes back to the old winmo themes toher from that fine

verry nice rom :)

Neo Titanium just don't do for me.

I prefer much more the Titanium. I think I got used to the little menus, now I just can't work with the big ones...

I also agree that it is much better to see the many "widgets" in today as in Titanium, instead of the one selected.

I will stick with Zeus, a really great rom.

Thanks for the good work, Sector...

Guest mr fantastic

Hi Sector good job as usual :) i like the new taskbar

I find an issue, when i try to enable auto call record i have a NET Compact Framework error

Thanks for your work

Edited by mr fantastic

Guest nagbenjy
I've installed the SPB keyboard and there WAS NO WAY to open the settings to register - and the Rom was "freezed"/crash and I was making manual soft-resets.

GENERALY... I think you may have to check some things "here & there", to fix some few lacks in the stability... because... MY DEAR FRIEND... THIS IS THE BLOODY THING I'M LOOKING FOR!!! I want that damn Rom, pretty much!!!

The phone with this Rom's visual/menus... is COMPLETELY A NEW "OMNIA 1.2", before the OMNIA II!

Cheers..., SUPERB WORK..., and I'm waiting to fix some things, dear lad!

Regards,

Romilos.

Sector:

I am also having problems trying to access keyboard settings. Other than that, FANTASTIC ROM!! Much prefer neo titanium.

I do have one question. Ever since I got the Omnia I always had problems connecting to the office WiFi network even with a stock Samsung Rom. Yesterday I tried Kuanchai's Hybrid Rom and was able to connect to the office Wifi network consistently without problems. Does Kuanchai have a fix for the Wifi?

Thanks

Guest jean-luc_picard

Hi Sector,

very nice ROM. Thanks.

But i have a question: A lot of people tell problems with net framework? You know it?

I would like to change the Taskbar to standard taskbar. Is this possible with a cab or something?

THANKS.

Great job.

By Picard

Guest mazeli

hey,

the new features are great, but MS has a lot of work to do in order to get those features running bugfree :-)

I've noticed a little bug when you are writing a sms. If you hit the space "button", the cursor will jump to the beginning of the line. This is just a display problem, the writing works correctly.

Another problem is that i can't mark the written text correctly.

Is it normal, that there is no preconfiguration on the first start up of the rom? the only thing that came up was the setting of the clock???

Another "Bug": If you get in the volume control over the title bar, there is no way to close it, except if you enter the honeycomb menu...very bad usability :)

Another one...: If you enter the contacts app and hit the menu button. Then try to scroll the menu popup. It will scroll the contacts in the background an not the menu ;)

last but not least: The lock screen icon is a little buggy

Summary: The new features are very great, but this rom is not usable at the moment (not your fault sector :-) )

I will go back to Zeus until MS has fixed the bugs.

Guest Nicklashidegard

MAN, i can't belive how many ppl don't like NeoTitanium.. IMHO it's the way titanium was meant to be.

Anyway, Blazingwolf (the creator) has a cab in the bottom of his ROM post, which is balled BW Original titanium.cab. If there is a brave person (i'm currently not running titanium) that could try it i think that it might restore original titanium (but i don't know, just guessing)..

i took the cab from here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...4/#entry1041190

If you try it, do so at own risk..

BTW, rom looks great Sector, some very clever bits cooked in..

BW_Original_Titanium.cab

Guest Lord-Y
hi Sector, dont you find Big problems with SMS ? writing is very hard..

I had this pb. I spend 7min writting an sms. When I press the space bar, the cursor goes to the left. After few reboot, everything was ok :)

Guest kurniawan
some bugs. ul.1 double click in opera is,t work. 2 bottom bar is too hight , the girls neck is not on its place. 3 cannot quit from synchrotime there is no button to quit...testing.sorry for my englsh

true... it's all crooked...

i dont like neo titanium neither, too much things going on, clutter, etc =/ i prefer the default titanium

+1

just one littel gripe other from that fine is with the themes it wont let me chage them it goes back to the old winmo themes toher from that fine

verry nice rom :)

yeah and sometimes when u change from let's say djkoaskin to glossyblack, it doesnt change the taskbars, does change the today background but still see the girl on the startmenu....

it's all to buggy for me... going back, pity tho, i like the graph on this build

Guest Tx forhelp
Has anyone else found that solitaire doesn't work in the latest version? Tapping a card highlights it but you can't move it.

Yes, I do.

Also "Call firewall" is also not working.

Guest raptuzstormbreaker

good job sector!

since everyone is arguing over neotitanium, titanium and other skins... the ROM should just bundle vanilla titanium and let people install neo and other skins/panels by CABs in the repository?

Guest forelli
2nd post updated with UltraLite version, as promised.

enjoy.

PS: i will check the SMS

thanks sector, will try it and post later, but Neo inside=good news :)

forelli

Guest leoms17
I can't change Contact to any thing else. Can you help me?

Have you tried manually editing values with Chome editor? You have to edit Cclock/Images/SK2URL to (i.e) "\windows\PlusSECContact.exe" (no quotes)

Hope it helps!

Guest ilovemyi900

Just wanted to say I absolutely love Neo, but everyone to their own (never going to please everyone, Sector)... Can't wait to try the new ROM, although I might wait and see how the touch response issue pans out. Has anyone tried recalibrating their screen yet? Did it help/fix the responsiveness?

Great work Sector!!!

The only sad thing about the new ROM, correct me if i'm wrong, that the new taskbar UI it's thicker and this make very difficult to install Manila 2d v2.0.

Please send me a pm if someone try to install Manila in this new release 23025.

thanks

Yes, no problems with MD2 ver2 under 23025. Downloaded and installed it as per Sector's instructions. Work good.

Guest phewie
Hi Sector,

1) weather when updated showing me a Big red X ... is there a fix for it?

2) typing SMS seems like the button response is very slow... I have to type very slowly ...

3) even pressing the phone numbers also is very slow ... cannot do it fast ...

regards

Just to add to the list, when SMSing and when inputing special characters like ?, etc ... it will move to the front of the word. E.g. "?how" or telephone numbers ";1234567"