QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest WAIKIKI728

Hm... i thought that it is a nice concept of Titanium. I really wanted to change Titanium to smth nicer.

Why dont u like it? It is more clear and really nice to have, in my opinion of course. ;)

I likemuch more titanium ...we never have to forget this is a custom rom made for personal use...if Sector likes it

with Titanum...we have to accept it ..i think...he is flexible...but i guess he is not going to cook 100 diferent roms for 100 diferent people...

I like the rom...new style...it was already time...much mor touch friendly...instead of all... and without thinking this is a critic <_< ...theres are some things :huh: ...

Kniteic scroll is missing a think...:i installes but not enabled ftouchsl...and works like a charm now...

In settings..clocks and alarms...i can´t configurate the manual time zone...it´s missing...for the most of monia users ..it doesn´t matter but for me yes...becuase althought i live in Spain ...i don´t have the same time zone than in Spain....in Canary Islands 1 hour less...is there any registry hack for solving this?...when i change the time..after soft reset ...it comes back automaticly to the Spanish time zone...

I like more big icons in startmenu. :( ..if someone else wants it...just overwrite...the files in windows and soft reset...

Simple problem...is in cnitrogen.. ;) .the icon when i play music is not right...i talked about this problem to the creator...maybe someone else has found the solution and wants to share it...

The most important...windows 6.5 doesn´t close aplications...if i want to listen music...use file explorer...looking one file with word ....etc..none of these aplications are really closed when i fininsh with them...it makes the omnia slow....more battery draining...

Have you found any alternative to this(htc manager?¿?)...Another thing it happens is that when i change of theme ...i have to male a softreset for making it real....

It´s a great rom :angry: but like i see it´s a beta...i can live with it...i hope the next upload can solve some of these problems...

Thank you for all your work... :) ..and for sharing it...

It´s a great rom...things are improving.

FTouchSL_2.10.cab

startmenu.rar

post-444803-1250071416_thumb.png

post-444803-1250071429_thumb.png

post-444803-1250071451_thumb.png

post-444803-1250071467_thumb.png

post-444803-1250071477_thumb.png

post-444803-1250071504_thumb.png

post-444803-1250071524_thumb.png

post-444803-1250071536_thumb.png

Guest Th3rmal

I accidentally changed the theme, and now im not sure which theme is the default, and id rather not hard reset. Can you please tell me how to get it back?

Also, I have a scroll bar in my phone bit (ie i can scroll the keypad up and down) which is really weird and annoying.

Oh and I also reckon normal titanium is better as default :)

Edited by Th3rmal

Guest mr fantastic
...we never have to forget this is a custom rom made for personal use...if Sector likes it

with Titanum...we have to accept it ..i think...he is flexible...but i guess he is not going to cook 100 diferent roms for 100 diferent people...

+1

Guest assinormal

I'm a mega fan of sectors roms,

but I must say it that the 2 new builds are not so good.

Not bad intentioned but the neo-titanium is simply not my taste ...

the taskbar and the new-ui is not my style either,without offending the creator but I am so used to the standard MS I simply like better.

The rom is hardly usable, takes a long time to write sms and the touch is as good as not there ... I would have expected much more after such a long time. i know im not in the right to say that and im sorry for that....

would be great if he would make a version withe standard build 23025 with fixes etc, and with them or even just a UL version and anyone can install Neo or the new taskbar for them selves...

Guest WAIKIKI728
Here is omnia taskswitcher.

Just drag ur finger from bottom to top and u will see the task list.

It is an alternative from HTC task manager atm.

Laterz

Thank you ;) ..any registry hack for manual time zone settings?¿? :)

EDit.Very good startup sound!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by WAIKIKI728

Guest mazeli
Hm... i thought that it is a nice concept of Titanium. I really wanted to change Titanium to smth nicer.

Why dont u like it? It is more clear and really nice to have, in my opinion of course. ;)

I likemuch more titanium ...we never have to forget this is a custom rom made for personal use...if Sector likes it

I like the rom...new style...it was already time...much mor touch friendly...instead of all... and without thinking this is a critic <_< ...theres are some things :huh: ...

Kniteic scroll is missing a think...:i installes but not enabled ftouchsl...and works like a charm now...

In settings..clocks and alarms...i can´t configurate the manual time zone...it´s missing...for the most of monia users ..it doesn´t matter but for me yes...becuase althought i live in Spain ...i don´t have the same time zone than in Spain....in Canary Islands 1 hour less...is there any registry hack for solving this?...when i change the time..after soft reset ...it comes back automaticly to the Spanish time zone...

I like more big icons in startmenu. :( ..if someone else wants it...just overwrite...the files in windows and soft reset...

Simple problem...is in cnitrogen.. ;) .the icon when i play music is not right...i talked about this problem to the creator...maybe someone else has found the solution and wants to share it...

The most important...windows 6.5 doesn´t close aplications...if i want to listen music...use file explorer...looking one file with word ....etc..none of these aplications are really closed when i fininsh with them...it makes the omnia slow....more battery draining...

Have you found any alternative to this(htc manager?¿?)...Another thing it happens is that when i change of theme ...i have to male a softreset for making it real....

It´s a great rom :angry: but like i see it´s a beta...i can live with it...i hope the next upload can solve some of these problems...

Thank you for all your work... :) ..and for sharing it...

It´s a great rom...things are improving.

How can i have those bigger icons in startmenu? what files do i have to overwrite, and with what?

maze

Guest WAIKIKI728
How can i have those bigger icons in startmenu? what files do i have to overwrite, and with what?

maze

Just unzip the file startmenu.rar and with ..for example..resco explorer...put it windows directory...then soft reset ,,and ready :)

Guest Mike178
how would i uninstall manila2d so that i can try to install the new version

you do not need to uninstall.. just flash the new rom as u flashed before... the new rom will overwrite the old one....

oups missunderstanding... you can't uninstall M2D if it is cooked in the rom...

Edited by Mike178

Guest z3ntn3l
I'm a mega fan of sectors roms,

but I must say it that the 2 new builds are not so good.

Not bad intentioned but the neo-titanium is simply not my taste ...

the taskbar and the new-ui is not my style either,without offending the creator but I am so used to the standard MS I simply like better.

Yeah, i know what you mean. I'm a huge Fan too but the new Taskbar is really way to much for my eyes...

Guest mazeli
Just unzip the file startmenu.rar and with ..for example..resco explorer...put it windows directory...then soft reset ,,and ready :)

thank you, but one question, where exactly can i download the file startmenu.rar?

Guest jonboyuk

Good Rom, but IMO M$ have made everything TOO big now. The menu's are just hilariously big and some of the graphics are atrocious. I understand this is an interim build but damn, it still needs some work (from Microsoft not Sector lol). Reverting back to Zeus!

NB - Smartwatchm doesn't work on this build.

Guest lupus_hegemonia
Neo Titanium just don't do for me.

I prefer much more the Titanium. I think I got used to the little menus, now I just can't work with the big ones...

I also agree that it is much better to see the many "widgets" in today as in Titanium, instead of the one selected.

I will stick with Zeus, a really great rom.

Thanks for the good work, Sector...

Well... everybody has his own opinion and I respect it. From my part (I'm a pro graphic designer/illustrator, for 15 year by now), I think THIS new visual is 50% above Zeus' graphic consept. Especially that clever CHANGING of "x" to the button bellow.

Like I said, Sector... I was SHOCKED from joy, when I've seen it!

Now... you need to FIX some (quite many, I'm reading) issues and this Rom will write history, my friend.

Cheers.

Guest lupus_hegemonia

Another - general - issue with my "God's" Roms, Sector's... The battery's life.

I have tested at least... 20 Roms and I own my OMNIA 1... month!

The BEST battery's lifes, I've seen them in ORIGINAL Greek/English Roms and few "cooked" Greek Roms from "bytheway".

In Sector's case, in your Roms my friend, the battery is dropping rapid fast, dear Sector. I've flash "Hera" in FULLY CHARGED phone, I've played a lot, the battery gone to 70% (maybe less), I've flash back the "Zeus" (M2D) and I made my personal settings, I went to sleep and tomorrow... the battery is bellow 50%. All these, in less of a day...

I know, PHONE's VERSION is responsible for battery, signal etc.

But, I'm suppose I'm using the "BEST-ALL-BALLANCE" phone, the D1 (in WIND connection provider).

So... Battery's life is a STRONG negative issue to your Roms, friend.

But... I just CAN'T stop using your Roms, Sector! I think, they're the BEST "on board"!

Especially that Titanium UI and the lot of changes you made... Gee.. I've test "millions" of UIs, I've stucked with M2D (the others are good, but not that FINGER-FRIENDY that OMNIA - original Roms - are suffering from iPhones!)... and since I've seen Titanium, I said "thats it, WE BEAT iPhone for ever!"

Cheers, Sector.

Edited by lupus_hegemonia

Guest sector

Next build (version) i will have the default one and make cabs for the Neo.

I wont bother so much for fixes as new versions come out every 3-4 days this time and it is a waste of time to struggle for them. For example NetCF has problems from MS and many apps became unstable and incompatible. I even used a previous build from NetCF but still getting some errors. We have to wait from MS to handle better these new releases.

This is a new implementation from MS to merge 21XXX and 23XXX series that's why more bugs exist.

Some things are really hard to handle with this new builds.

There is also a magnifier. I personally dont like it. You have to enable it with the registry setting:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GWE\MAGNIFIER]

"Enable"=dword:1

That's it :)

Guest ronaldb3
Has anyone else found that solitaire doesn't work in the latest version? Tapping a card highlights it but you can't move it.

+1

It does kind of work. Tap one on "from card" and tap two on "to place". Dragging does not work.

I would bet this is a M$ problem. Strange as M$ made Solitaire to train people how to drag and drop.

Ron...

Guest lupus_hegemonia

One question...

Sector is using in ALL his Roms (M2D or not) this AMAZING and SIMPLE lock screen, with the slide-button on top...

WHICH IS THIS APPLICATION????

I want that cab, really bad!

Guest lupus_hegemonia

I wont bother so much for fixes as new versions come out every 3-4 days this time and it is a waste of time to struggle for them. For example NetCF has problems from MS and many apps became unstable and incompatible. I even used a previous build from NetCF but still getting some errors. We have to wait from MS to handle better these new releases.

This is a new implementation from MS to merge 21XXX and 23XXX series that's why more bugs exist.

Some things are really hard to handle with this new builds.

There is also a magnifier. I personally dont like it. You have to enable it with the registry setting:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GWE\MAGNIFIER]

"Enable"=dword:1

That's it :)

Zeus!!! My dear Sector... I have to flashing 1 new Rom per day?! Hahahaha!

Good to hear you're back with joy to work your new Roms, lad!

I'm waiting REALLY BAD your new entries...

Guest Nicklashidegard
+1

It does kind of work. Tap one on "from card" and tap two on "to place". Dragging does not work.

I would bet this is a M$ problem. Strange as M$ made Solitaire to train people how to drag and drop.

Ron...

probably related to the double tap problem in opera :)

Don't you just LOVE these new experimental builds.. It's nice to have things to improve on, otherwise life would be boring.

Guest jean-luc_picard

@Sector

I wont bother so much for fixes as new versions come out every 3-4 days this time

I'm waiting of new Version and i'm happy for standard plugin and neo cabs.

Is this possible you create a new cab to install the standard taskbar?

Very very great job, Sector!!!!!!