QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest Artur Aragão

We have to get used to these wretched icons in taskbar? Rom are the same? I like the standard icons of Windows Mobile ROM, but these? I am not offending their work which I think is the best ever. I got the full version, this is it?

Guest nixxss
going back to what :) ? nooooo why do that, I dont even remember how that samsung widget used to look !!! if I where you I would not go to any trouble because anyway you can find original versions anywhere.

thats obviously my point of view and i respect your point its just that we are all here so excited about this new versions that I dont know who would want to go back to original rom.

;)

i looked absolutely everywhere for the original 3 rom, now that i have it back on my phone i wanna make sure i make some sort of backup.. I've been using sectors roms every now and then as they look fantastic, however by using custom roms some phone functions didn't work.. microphone was too loud so people were getting feedback. all 3 did was revert back to the latest 3 firmware and it worked.. so need to be able to get back where i am before trying to use these roms again. i do agree they are so much better, however i'd prefer functionality over looks, afterall, its a phone primarily.. So does anyone know how to extract?

Hi sector,

Thanks again for 23025. Been using it now for a couple of days and find that Google Navigator will not run. Also some of my SPB programs that have their own soft keys at the bottom of the screen become inaccessible because the new OS's soft keys hide the program's soft keys. Still I like the new release in-spite of the bugs and also like Titanium Neo tho' I also get white crosses on red background when I update the weather module. Would appreciate your comments. Thanks

Guest vlodek

Using the 23009 M2D ROM . Have problem with Chome :

When adding New Page and "Creating App Page" , after selecting Main link

i get the error " error occured on sub_main_addpicture. DirectoryNotFoundException" .

It looks like can't find the icons for the selected application .

Anybody can help ?

Guest sector
dear sector,

htc emu is not work, push ok button but not closed

pimmanager continue problem, device is lock

I have answered above that despite this occurs you can soft reset the device and it will be ok.

I think PIM organizer was a bad choice as it doesnt work as promised. In next version will be removed.

Hi sector,

Thanks again for 23025. Been using it now for a couple of days and find that Google Navigator will not run. Also some of my SPB programs that have their own soft keys at the bottom of the screen become inaccessible because the new OS's soft keys hide the program's soft keys. Still I like the new release in-spite of the bugs and also like Titanium Neo tho' I also get white crosses on red background when I update the weather module. Would appreciate your comments. Thanks

Please try to install the NetCF fix cab in 2nd post and report if this occurs.

For weather you need to go to the 2nd menu (Display Options) and choose condicons from the list. Press Save/Exit and update.

good luck

Guest lupus_hegemonia

Guys... guys... lets have patience, m8s. I'm pretty sure Sector will manage to give us a very stable new Rom with this AMAZING, FANTASTIC new visual look of "Neo-Titanium"!

To me... this is it! The BEST Rom in the planet! I'm looking forward to see a fine final ver. of "HERA", to use it and... NEVER change a Rom again!

Sector is... ZEUS! And we follow him!

Guest emoture

hey sector! thanks for answering my call to upload your awesome roms to mediafire. Please keep on doing so as rapidshare never works properly here in the Philippines.

(Personal Opinion: The OK button on the bottom looks hideous, it's round after all. I'd prefer the black and white task bar with the ok button on top. PS: This is only my opinion.)

Would all further builds have this feature (The OK at the bottom?) and would the old themes work here like m.carroll_PureBlack2_QVGA.cab? :)

Edited by emoture

Guest slovenec88

Sorry for off-topic question. Does internet sharing work with windows7? I tried it with virtual box, but only wmdc (syncing) seemed to work.

I have answered above that despite this occurs you can soft reset the device and it will be ok.

I think PIM organizer was a bad choice as it doesnt work as promised. In next version will be removed.

Please try to install the NetCF fix cab in 2nd post and report if this occurs.

For weather you need to go to the 2nd menu (Display Options) and choose condicons from the list. Press Save/Exit and update.

good luck

Already tried NetCF fix and Display Options on the weather 2nd menu. Problem still the same but thanks for the quick reply.

UltraLite VERSION. What is removed against FULL Version:

- Removed Nitrogen music player + Titanium panel.

- Removed Finger Keyboard.

- Removed Midomi.

- Removed MS Office.

- Removed MS Marketplace.

- Removed HTC Album.

- Removed Microsoft Recite.

Read.

Edited by dolch

Guest Ingvarr
(Personal Opinion: The OK button on the bottom looks hideous, it's round after all. I'd prefer the black and white task bar with the ok button on top. PS: This is only my opinion.)

Would all further builds have this feature (The OK at the bottom?) and would the old themes work here like m.carroll_PureBlack2_QVGA.cab? :)

This is how Microsoft made it - its not customization.

This ROM version is very early prototype of new UI direction Microsoft tries, to make whole UI more touch-friendly.

Being very early work in progress it completely lacking design now, it will be obviously polished work on it goes on.

Guest GodsGift
This is how Microsoft made it - its not customization.

This ROM version is very early prototype of new UI direction Microsoft tries, to make whole UI more touch-friendly.

Being very early work in progress it completely lacking design now, it will be obviously polished work on it goes on.

I agree in that it is VERY unpolished... I mean we all code a bit but I'd be embarrassed to release something so unfinished.

But thats the thing. This has been leaked it is not supposed to be for us.

Sector is making magic here and we are seeing the development of the dreaded (sometimes hated) WinMo into something actually useable!

I really like the way this is progressing. Just am soooo impatient. I hope they start to flesh out the graphic design and polish it and prey that Sector doesnt get a different phone!

Dude you are legend.

GG

Guest Koofteh

I agree that the new UI is quite unattractive... personally I was fine with the previous soft keys. I never had any trouble pressing those, just occasionally missed the X button up top.

Has anyone figured out a way to edit the new UI a bit? Like at least removing the gray buttons and making them transparent? I don't understand why Microsoft made it so ugly, bigger buttons are fair enough but how does having an ugly gray button instead of a transparent area make it more finger friendly?

Guest Michelle My Belle

Hi Forelli,

What was your final solution for having a working ATFavContacts panel in 'Neo' format...?

I installed NetCF fix - thanks Sector, but after installing ATFavContacts.cab it was displayed as a standard 6.5 titanium panel - I finished off by installing "greatbal Titanium Shadow Neo Skin transparent Omnia.cab" - what a mouth full ;)

Which (of course), set the theme all ... Neo for ATFavContacts :)

I wish there were more Neo panel cabs (and especially one for ATFavContacts) - but I know Blazingwolf is very busy (and has a life), so I'll wait nice and patiently.

Oh and CMultiClock looks great on this ROM - especially with a semi transluscent background...

... I think I'm a Neo convert - it does look very, very good.

Michelle

Guest Daniel Monteiro

Anyone with problems writing sms in this last rom? write 5 words and go back to beginer of sms! Sorry my english....

Thanks Sector

Great work

Guest eranst
forelli

Thank you so much for the reply, forelli.

I won't install the sound control cab as my Rom is stable now and it will be a big pity to take the risk.

I have notice that the SPB shell has a good replacement in one of their desktop/todays screens. at this moment it's doing the job.

In Addition, my rom has the percentage battery gauge, it's just when the battery full it shows lines instead of numbers... i didn't know this. after a while it starts showing the numbners.

Once again - thanks for your answer.

Guest jonboyuk

Guys, how do I select which internet connection internet explorer uses? Normally for general web stuff (weather updates, MSN, etc) it uses "O2 Mobile Web"

However as soon as I open IE it closes the current connection and reconnects to "02 WAP Post Pay". I can't see anything about WAP post pay in the connections area of the settings. It's just really annoying because "WAP Post Pay" is the MMS connection! Grrr

Any ideas??

Edited by jonboyuk

Guest Mike178
Guys, how do I select which internet connection internet explorer uses? Normally for general web stuff (weather updates, MSN, etc) it uses "O2 Mobile Web"

However as soon as I open IE it closes the current connection and reconnects to "02 WAP Post Pay". I can't see anything about WAP post pay in the connections area of the settings. It's just really annoying because "WAP Post Pay" is the MMS connection! Grrr

Any ideas??

i think u need to go to setting connections, browser and tick detect automatically...

Guest ChandanS
Sorry for off-topic question. Does internet sharing work with windows7? I tried it with virtual box, but only wmdc (syncing) seemed to work.

Omnia's internet sharing works well with Windows 7 build 7600. I am using it.