QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest Koofteh
I have to say i like the new position of the ok button and the slightly bigger bottom bar, makes it a lot more thumb friendly, especially the ok button.

Yeah, the new taskbar is growing on me quickly, it's a shame half the applications out there can't resize themselves and are cut off a few pixels at the bottom by the new thick taskbar. Oh well...

Guest ferrari85
Yeah, the new taskbar is growing on me quickly, it's a shame half the applications out there can't resize themselves and are cut off a few pixels at the bottom by the new thick taskbar. Oh well...

Yea ... its a real shame, but luckily most of the time it doesnt affect the functionality of the programs ... i suppose i can live with it :D

Guest emoture

could it be that sector intentionally put a delay in keyboard typing and declare ftouchsl as a solution so that we would buy its full version?!?

Hahahaha... anyway, I'm just kidding.

I love the new ROM, i've been using it for 3 days or so and there is no major problem whatsoever

Believe me, this is the first time I have reflashed my omnia in 2 months.

Many major developments in this build. Keep em comming!

Guest dollar99
Hi bros, this is THE Pocket Music installation, and it's so damn easy:

When you're stuck at selecting the language because of the lack of "ok" button, just pop up the keyboard (any kb, finger kb, samsung kb or whatever) and press the return key, et voila: installation complete and successful! I found it when I was stuck too, and then I told myself that the ok button could be substituted by a return key entry, and it did the trick.

forelli

thanks will try

It really worked. Many thanks

Edited by dollar99

Guest henrerossouw
could it be that sector intentionally put a delay in keyboard typing and declare ftouchsl as a solution so that we would buy its full version?!?

Hahahaha... anyway, I'm just kidding.

I love the new ROM, i've been using it for 3 days or so and there is no major problem whatsoever

Believe me, this is the first time I have reflashed my omnia in 2 months.

Many major developments in this build. Keep em comming!

I have flashed my Omnia with the new ROM and I absolutely loved working with it. It is very sad though that the only minor problem proves to be a huge headache for me personally. The slow response of the screen is not something I can live with unfortunately...I have installed FTouchSL as well and although the result was substantially better, it was still not good enough for me to be comfortable working with it. I guess I type really fast??!! :D

Nonetheless, I must congratulate Sector on a brilliant build. I seem to be the only one who really struggles with the screen so all in all you've done a great job. In the meantime, I'll revert back to an older ROM until such time a new one is released.

Keep up the great work. I hope to comment on here more often, since I've been following all your work for a while.

Cheers

shhhh all of you...stop your whining...

sector is doing his best..ur feedback aint feeback but complains...

SECTOR..I LOVE YOU...

COME OUT WITH A BETTER ROM SOON...

MUACKZZZZZZ

MUACKZZZZZZ

MUACKZZZZZZZ

Guest ferrari85
how to enable the fast typing as i am using :Version Apollon_Lite with Neo Titanium- 8mb pagepool size ?

I installed ftouchSL, enabled it but disabled everything else (namely the kinetic scrolling, gestures, active corners) and the keyboard works normally. Hope it helps :D

Guest Anupam Anand

Latest build 23034 is said to be the fastest and with most radical changes explained here http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket-pc-pr...le-build-23034/ ....

The start button has moved, the OK/Exit button has moved, the soft keys have been enlarged, and the title bar has been resized down.... etc... look like microsoft ppl r playing with crucial start/close/ok button positions

Hope it'll be soon released here...

Guest ferrari85
Latest build 23034 is said to be the fastest and with most radical changes explained here http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket-pc-pr...le-build-23034/ ....

The start button has moved, the OK/Exit button has moved, the soft keys have been enlarged, and the title bar has been resized down.... etc... look like microsoft ppl r playing with crucial start/close/ok button positions

Yea ... looks good, hopefully it will fix the slow typing bug along with all those new UI changes, that'll be fantastic.

Guest sector

Yea ... looks good, hopefully it will fix the slow typing bug along with all those new UI changes, that'll be fantastic.

There is a bug with SMS when u press Reply. Still working on it...

I hope i can get lucky soon.

Overall faster than previous builds, seems more stable.

Guest ferrari85

I think i saw it mentioned in the xda thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...45&page=189, saw a solution of some sorts being mentioned but knowing next to nothing abt building roms, dunno whether it'll help, maybe u can check it out.

Eagerly awaiting your next masterpiece :D

Guest diverdude

Master Sector, Will you have a new Rom for us soon?? Seems like this build has some real meaningful changes. If you have some new joy for us can you give us an estimated time frame for your release. I realize the need to cut back on making a Rom everytime a new build comes out but it has been tough for all us addicts, having to wait for the new stuff to come out.

As always, thank you your hard work!! Diver

Guys, I saw a new version of Manila2D was released some time ago? v2.0 or sth. Looks amazing, but I don't seem to be able to find an Omnia ROM with that one included. It hasn't been adjusted for WQVGA? Or are you guys intend on including this one real soon?

Thanks for the ROMs btw, have been enjoying your work for quite some time now!

Edited by DFKT

Guys, I saw a new version of Manila2D was released some time ago? v2.0 or sth. Looks amazing, but I don't seem to be able to find an Omnia ROM with that one included. It hasn't been adjusted for WQVGA? Or are you guys intend on including this one real soon?

Thanks for the ROMs btw, have been enjoying your work for quite some time now!

it will not work for the Omnia as of yet unless you do some serious Hex editiing!

Guest mr fantastic

Hi Sector

our frend Khuanchai is out with new 23034, i would like to try the new rom but I' m waiting your

How about it ?

Edited by mr fantastic

Guest sector

Still no luck with SMS but i can upload it if you want.

The problem is that when u press Reply to an SMS it doesnt show the screen but when u press the Keyboard button it works.

It is a very strange situation im wondering what breaks the screen. Tried diff approaches but still no go

Guest forelli
Still no luck with SMS but i can upload it if you want.

The problem is that when u press Reply to an SMS it doesnt show the screen but when u press the Keyboard button it works.

It is a very strange situation im wondering what breaks the screen. Tried diff approaches but still no go

hi Sector, I can say in the name of everybody that I know you put all what you had in this :D . If the sms doesn't work as it should, no problem, we can live with it. Please upload it and we'll test it ;) . Can't wait to flash my phone again :angry: . Thanks

forelli