QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest hakanmodaco
I don't like Honeycomb either. For me I have many years with the old version and like it. I don't know why the other guy doesn't like Honeycomb, but it is his choice that does not negate on anyone else. It just disagrees with your "great" liking of Honeycomb.

You should be more open minded and allow "different strokes for different folks" without questioning or criticizing their choice if it's anywhere reasonable, which not liking Honeycomb, I think is.

Pointing out the alternative use of folders was maybe good help for him though.

IMHO

Ron....

Try to enable Settings->System->Large Display. It should switch start menu back to old style icon list.

Guest naynada
i was playing music to bluetooth headset on train on way home and couldn't swipe to change song from today screen then phone did a hard reset and wiped 'my storage'.. devasted.. happened 4 no reason!! Have now flashed from neo one to normal titanium, will try.. I think neo is too memory hungry.. media can't handle doing more things than 1.. ie. browsing..

WHAT it hard reset randomly?!?!

Oh dear, bad luck, that IS shocking... :)

Guest KESSLERM
<br />Yes, you can't change to any keyboard anymore and opera does not get any keyboard input. Very strange...<br />
<br /><br /><br />

hello together,

I found a workaround for this problem.

Start Advanced Config and and selct "INPUT", then switch "Auto deploy SIP" to disabled and reboot.

After this I can change to FingerKeyboard :)

Regards

Mike

Edited by KESSLERM

Yes, you can't change to any keyboard anymore and opera does not get any keyboard input. Very strange...

I noticed that opera allows you to enter text into entry fields (i.e. google), but not into the address field.... but if you change the keyboard type to 'Keyboard', then you can type into address field....strange

Also, has anyone had problems with internet explorer?..... it won't connect to the internet through GPRS, says something along the lines of 'cannot connect, connection has been eneded'

Eveything else works fine... opera/opera mini and skyfire.

Thanks

How we can reload the default theme? The girl i mean!

at least here are the walls :x

btw @sector ur "old" lockscreenbuttons are very great.. i use them all the time :) perfect buttons :)

Hi sector, it's possible to have the cab or cpr of the new lockscreen Dusktheme?

maybe thats the one.. i only tried LS_LockScene_240x400.cpr and LS_LockScene_400x240.cpr yet.

and it worked in some way (build 21851 for me; should be fully working on new builds like 23409) :) load LS_Lockscene_New_Build.rar and try it :) always backup ur original files!

post-535680-1252324936_thumb.jpg

post-535680-1252324941_thumb.jpg

post-535680-1252325156_thumb.png

post-535680-1252325162_thumb.png

post-535680-1252325168_thumb.png

post-535680-1252325174_thumb.png

LS_LockScene_New_Build.rar

post-535680-1252326458_thumb.png

post-535680-1252326464_thumb.png

post-535680-1252326469_thumb.png

StartMenu_Style_NEW_BUILD.rar

Edited by Get666

Guest ghost82

Here's an interesting quote I've found on the internet

It should also be noted that the latest leaked WM6.5 builds have nothing in common with the official flavour of the platform. As Redmond Pie notes, “the Builds in the 23XXX branch have nothing to do with the first Windows Mobile 6.5 powered phones set to launch in October. The version that will be launched on those phones are from 21XXX branch which were compiled last month. The Builds in 23XXX branch are perhaps more looking like a part of Windows Mobile 6.5.1 release.”

i installed this rom, and its really cool.

but im having a problem, if i set the phone to ring and vibrate, when in incomin calls come the phone ring normaly and vibrate, but the vibration has no pause it just keeps vibrating till the call is answered or rejected. any solution to give the normal pauses to the vibration?

Guest Michelle My Belle
Here's an interesting quote I've found on the internet

It should also be noted that the latest leaked WM6.5 builds have nothing in common with the official flavour of the platform. As Redmond Pie notes, “the Builds in the 23XXX branch have nothing to do with the first Windows Mobile 6.5 powered phones set to launch in October. The version that will be launched on those phones are from 21XXX branch which were compiled last month. The Builds in 23XXX branch are perhaps more looking like a part of Windows Mobile 6.5.1 release.”

That is interesting.

Round of applause to sector and the rest of the Chefs for keeping us one step ahead of the game :)

Quite literaly :)

This is a great thread.

Michelle My Belle

i installed this rom, and its really cool.

but im having a problem, if i set the phone to ring and vibrate, when in incomin calls come the phone ring normaly and vibrate, but the vibration has no pause it just keeps vibrating till the call is answered or rejected. any solution to give the normal pauses to the vibration?

to set the rhythm of vibration i'm using FavoriteSettings. just check out "Sound" then set it under "Vibration". maybe it helps.. dont know where to set it in windows itself :x

edit: found something :) try it..

http://www.htcwiki.com/page/Tweaks+and+Hacks (search for

Change ringtone/vibrate/LED flash characteristics):

If you would like more control over how your device rings/vibrates/flashes its LEDs on events, you can can change the Script values of these events.

For example, for an incoming call performing 'activate device, play ringtone, wait 3 seconds, repeat':

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Script = "apw3r" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

For performing 'active device, set volume to 33%, play ringtone, set volume to 67%, play ringtone, set volume to 100%, play ringtone (no repeat)':

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Script = "ac33pc67pc100p" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

The following are the full codes available to you.

Please note that all the codes are executed simultaneously except after a ringtone play / wait code. E.g. 'v1p' will vibrate and play at the same time, while vibrating for 1 second. But 'pv1' will play the ringtone through all the way first, then start vibrating for 1 second. a = activate device

cN = set volume to N in percentage max volume

fN = flash notification LED for N seconds

p = play ringtone. Note that this will play the ringtone all the way through before continuing with the next code.

r = repeat. Note that this should be the last code in your Script string, if used at all. The repeat will be from the most recent a. So: v3apr will vibrate once then repeat the ring signal.

vN = vibrate for N seconds

wN = wait for N seconds. Note that the device will wait this long before continuing with the next code.

Edited by Get666

Guest ronaldb3
Try to enable Settings->System->Large Display. It should switch start menu back to old style icon list.

Hi h...

Not the same anymore. But what you can do (after you check on Large Display box) is tap where the old Start use to be (upper left corner) on most screens and you get the old Start dropdown and you can get the old Settings screens from there (thanks to sector for this tip some time back).

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Tried to set from favsettings and nothing.

It does virbate and ring togheter, but the vibration is just one long vibration till i answer or reject.

Im trying to flash the phone again.

Guest ronaldb3
Yes, you can't change to any keyboard anymore and opera does not get any keyboard input. Very strange...

Hi snoop,

On most screens with the keyboard circle icon you can tap and hold the icon and when you release you get a popup to choose different keyboards. Note response is slow, so wait a second.

Ron...

Guest GodsGift
On most screens with the keyboard circle icon you can tap and hold the icon and when you release you get a popup to choose different keyboards. Note response is slow, so wait a second.

or a minute....

GG

P.S. Sector lovin this ROM ta muchly

Also, has anyone had problems with internet explorer?..... it won't connect to the internet through GPRS, says something along the lines of 'cannot connect, connection has been eneded'

Eveything else works fine... opera/opera mini and skyfire.

Thanks

What a fool I am..... Internet explorer works fine... If anyone else is having problems.... 'Settings' -> 'Connections' -> 'Browser Connection'...... and tick auto detect settings.

Guest George_red_storm
at least here are the walls :x

btw @sector ur "old" lockscreenbuttons are very great.. i use them all the time :) perfect buttons :)

maybe thats the one.. i only tried LS_LockScene_240x400.cpr and LS_LockScene_400x240.cpr yet.

and it worked in some way (build 21851 for me; should be fully working on new builds like 23409) :) load LS_Lockscene_New_Build.rar and try it :) always backup ur original files!

thanks get666! I have 2 questions for you!

1) Why in the down and up part of screen I have this? Screen001.pngScreen002.pngScreen003.png

2) The files in rar where i must put it?

Edited by George_red_storm

Guest ronaldb3
What a fool I am..... Internet explorer works fine... If anyone else is having problems.... 'Settings' -> 'Connections' -> 'Browser Connection'...... and tick auto detect settings.

Easy to forget after flashing - unless you have a list of this stuff to reset.

(note to self - make a list.)

Ron...

Guest SnoopyDog
On most screens with the keyboard circle icon you can tap and hold the icon and when you release you get a popup to choose different keyboards.
Thanks bro :) I missed the small arrow beneath the keyboard symbol, but i didn't had a clou that it could work this way. This is how a forum should work: we teach each other :)

Guest dan77net

THANKS for your Great Work Sector !

you are The King of Omnia ! everybody knows you on net.

I like to change the themes a lot. Why did you deleted the new original themes? (23407) Are pretty cute.

I love your roms and I wanna keep your creations but not the black theme man :)

So, everybody can give me the cabs of new orig. windows 6.5 themes pls?

Thank you! bro.

Tried to set from favsettings and nothing.

It does virbate and ring togheter, but the vibration is just one long vibration till i answer or reject.

Im trying to flash the phone again.

Nothing i tried to flash it again, so the phone if fresh flashed.

If i set it to vibrate and ring the vibration is just a long one with no pause, if i set just the vibration it works correctly with pauses. any suggestion?

Guest ronaldb3
Thanks bro :) I missed the small arrow beneath the keyboard symbol, but i didn't had a clou that it could work this way. This is how a forum should work: we teach each other :)

Great. I also use IMselect as sometimes that way seems to be more "permanent".

Ron...

Guest loversgolden

Everybody!

I want to consult everybody, whether I do use (CHome Editor) to change (CLauncher) the number of pages? If possible, did not know that the big family education I should want the rest to want to do? :)

Thanks all!!!

Nobody may help me :)

Edited by loversgolden

Guest gheorghe vasile
<br /><br /><br />

hello together,

I found a workaround for this problem.

Start Advanced Config and and selct "INPUT", then switch "Auto deploy SIP" to disabled and reboot.

After this I can change to FingerKeyboard :)

Regards

Mike

working great. thx.