QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest mr fantastic
Like 99% i've met anywhere possible were like america ...

Ok I may not agree with the huge red letters ...

Can you use PM for your fight ?

Please, don' t do this on the tread

Guest ronaldb3
Like 99% i've met anywhere possible were like america the best, do u even have electricity? bla bla bla...ofc every single one of those would vote Bush back. I know not all Americans are stupid, but i have enough of fools like that. I wouldn't say a thing if there wasn't a big line in red with a word noob. I do use search engine often, but sometimes you get like 100-200 topics for what u searched for so i think in some cases, when it takes 10 words to answer, it's easier to just ask and get the answer than be arrogant without knowing what the guy did before asking. I also hate if someone comes here, wants everyone to do everything instead of him, but if someone takes a lot of his time trying stuff for his phone, but has a thing or two he can't solve by himself and is then judged as a noob just because he has less posts then sorry, this is arrogant, this is exactly what i'm talking about, some crappy comparing of teh awesome americans.

Hellboy--

Just a couple of quick thoughts--

1. The one being called newbie had only 6 or 7 posts at the time. That usually indicates Most of the time that it is a new newbie. And with that count the official Modaco title for him is "Newbie" (on the left panel).

2. Since the subject was discussed (answer for one situation but not the other) just three posts before and even better answer a page back, odds were good that no search was done by this newbie. (oh and did I mention that I repeated in my post back the two answers for both of his possible questions?)

3. For someone as yourself who is not a newbie, (and even for newbies I guess) a good point is to say in your post that you did try a search first and then ask the question. (and yes, I have done this before.) You could even add there was too many returns or maybe none at all. This lets your bro's here in the community know you tried first. Certainly none of this is required, but it does quickly identifies that you are trying to help yourself first, and that leads to more bro's wanting to extend a helping hand to you to solve your problem.

IMHO, (a signoff I use on many of my posts when it contains thoughts rather than more concrete instructions/advice. :) )

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest ronaldb3
Im finished, apologies.

+1

My composing was at the same time as the last couple of posts it seems based on the time stamps.

I think my point #3 may be useful as a general comment, not just for this item.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest HellboyMC
Hellboy--

Just a couple of quick thoughts--

1. The one being called newbie had only 6 or 7 posts at the time. That usually indicates Most of the time that it is a new newbie. And with that count the official Modaco title for him is "Newbie" (on the left panel).

2. Since the subject was discussed (answer for one situation but not the other) just three posts before and even better answer a page back, odds were good that no search was done by this newbie.

3. For someone as yourself who is not a newbie, (and even for newbies I guess) a good point is to say in your post that you did try a search first and then ask the question. (and yes, I have done this before.) You could even add there was too many returns or maybe none at all. This lets your bro's here in the community know you tried first. Certainly none of this is required, but it does quickly identifies that you are trying to help yourself first, and that leads to more bro's wanting to extend a helping hand to you to solve your problem.

IMHO, (a signoff I use on many of my posts when it contains thoughts rather than more concrete instructions/advice. :) )

Ron...

Ok i've got ur point, but the big red letters still bother me :) Ok i apologize, i went to the conclusions too fast and didn't check the background behind his question.

Now i have few questions myself, for which i don't know if they were answered before, i asked a few times already myself, but got no answer, i didn't really know how to get any results that would help me from search, but this is what i need to know, sometimes when i listen to the music with Nitrogen and then stop listening and then get a phone call (when someone calls me), after the phone call i can't listen to the music or any sound via headphones or speaker till i do a soft reset (but if someone calls me i hear him and the person hears me, but no other sound is possible). So my question is, why does this happen? I got this on the official ROM, then i don't remember having this kind of problem for a long long time till the 6.5.1 GUI ROMs and now it's back and it's quite annoying cause i ofc get calls every day and i also listen to the music every day and cause of that i have to soft reset my phone too often.

Guest ronaldb3
Ok i've got ur point, but the big red letters still bother me :) Ok i apologize, i went to the conclusions too fast and didn't check the background behind his question.

Now i have few questions myself, for which i don't know if they were answered before, i asked a few times already myself, but got no answer, i didn't really know how to get any results that would help me from search, but this is what i need to know, sometimes when i listen to the music with Nitrogen and then stop listening and then get a phone call (when someone calls me), after the phone call i can't listen to the music or any sound via headphones or speaker till i do a soft reset (but if someone calls me i hear him and the person hears me, but no other sound is possible). So my question is, why does this happen? I got this on the official ROM, then i don't remember having this kind of problem for a long long time till the 6.5.1 GUI ROMs and now it's back and it's quite annoying cause i ofc get calls every day and i also listen to the music every day and cause of that i have to soft reset my phone too often.

Mr. H--

I tried testing both WMplayer and Touch Player by playing music and stopping and getting a call. I also tried getting a call while music was still playing.

Worked every time. This makes me think there is a bug with Nitrogen playing nice with 6.5. I do not use Nitrogen so could not test it for you.

I am using sector's 23047 (6.5) rom.

Hope this helps.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Great ROM. One of the best I've tried so far other than Romovic's ROM. Having very slow response on the messaging application. Took more than a minute for the reply screen to show up with the soft keyboard. Anyone else experiencing this?

Guest catfishboy
Hellboy--

2. Since the subject was discussed (answer for one situation but not the other) just three posts before and even better answer a page back, odds were good that no search was done by this newbie. (oh and did I mention that I repeated in my post back the two answers for both of his possible questions?)

Ron...

Mr. Hellboy,

You have no need to apologize, ronaldb3 have mixup the focus on this contention.

People who want to figure out the fact, please refer to post : #8905, #8910, #8916, #8926,

#8943, #8965, #8966, #8973

I am the one who is the victim being misinterpreted by ronaldb3,

and finally he put me on the table again to trying to mislead people .

Shame on you !!! ronaldb3

Since now you have never apologize for your arrogance !!!

Edited by catfishboy

Guest ronaldb3
Shame on you !!! ronaldb3

Since now you have never apologize for your arrogance !!!

carfishboy--

I thought I was done with you before. But I guess you need one more comeuppance. (note that I never did reference your name in post #9005, so I did not actually bring 'you' back on the table again.)

First you asked a reasonable question. Then I tried to give you an answer than might cover two possible situations to help you.

Actually I gave you both answers/options in case you wanted a more permanent change (IMselect) or more on the fly changes (hold button) as I wasn't sure from how you asked the question which you needed most, so I gave you both procedures/advice.

Then you say I give silly advice.

you give your silly advice

I was not being arrogant (although two other posters said I had earned the right to be). I was trying to inform you that you can not come in here as a newbie (see your official Modaco title under your name on far left panel) and throw jabs at established community members that do try to help others when they can. I noted my post count and star rating not to establish expertise, but to indicate standing as a recognized contributor to this community, which you are not.

I found your use of the term "silly advice" very insulting as I do try to help others when I can (and in particular I tried to give you a good, straight forward answer to your question). My helping out here has now been reinforced by comments/posts from others as you might have read here. And since you keep bringing up "apologize" - For that insult of yours I deserve the apology from you.

And you assume the new guy like me ... didn't search the forum before they ask their queston !! How can you make this judgement
So you just question my saying you did not search. But you really never actually do say you did do a search first in any of your several posts. And it was easy to make that judgment on you, as another member has already commented to you as to why that is so.

I really am tired of you trying to match wits with me as you have shown you are only half prepared to do so. (Some will catch the double meaning of that English idiom.)

You are just one step away from being a forum troll, instigating furor where it's not needed. For HellboyMC and I have already come to a reasonable understanding, and I have even just recently tried to help him with a problem he is having.

I am done with you now. I refuse to waste any more topic page space on your account. And just see how much support you get here on this site with keeping that attitude. You will get known even before you rack up a high post count.

Goodbye,

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Just P.M each other and work it out. I get happy when i see another page added to the thread hoping to read something intresting except you get people arguing about unrelated things to this thread. This whole page has been about "who said what".

Come on guys lets get moving!! By the way where's sector????

I really like the last full version, now waiting for 23053... topbar icons zoom is a must...

why i can only change the M2D clock back? the others tab backgrnd doesn't change...

thanks for your effort!

I really like the last full version, now waiting for 23053... topbar icons zoom is a must...

why i can only change the M2D clock back? the others tab backgrnd doesn't change...

thanks for your effort!

Ive tried changing the background on M2D on every page and it slowed the whole thing down really bad. Just made a plain black background and its real quick now.

You can change the backgound using M2DC, just click on the backgound tab.

Guest Davodude

just finished setting up my rom, it is very fast and great!!! THANKS SECTOR! (was 23001, now latest one) I have no issues with background :)

*Does anyone have a fix to move m2d picture tab's directory?

Hey ! Thank for the win mo 23049 m2d full !!! It's very nice, and more sensitive ! :)

My issue is that the battery status is crazy !! one time it's full, then 64%, then 17%, then 86% and so on...

Do you have an answer for me ?

Thank you ! :D

Ive tried changing the background on M2D on every page and it slowed the whole thing down really bad. Just made a plain black background and its real quick now.

You can change the backgound using M2DC, just click on the backgound tab.

thnks! srry my noobness hehe

Guest copperfield
Hey ! Thank for the win mo 23049 m2d full !!! It's very nice, and more sensitive ! :)

My issue is that the battery status is crazy !! one time it's full, then 64%, then 17%, then 86% and so on...

Do you have an answer for me ?

Thank you ! :D

It's the new battery driver that is updating the battery status on every 1% that has dropped or increased! But there is something wrong with it as it does get crazy from time to time and it is very sensitive! For example if you are using your phone heavy duty it will show you how much batt life you have left based on if you continue to use it heavy duty mode!!! But if you stop after like a minute or five minutes and put your phone in stand-by mode the percentage claims back up a bit!?!? It's like it does not show you how much energy in % is left in the battery but provided you use it the way you do at the moment you will have the amount shown!?!? I dont understand it either but I can not rely on it to accurately show me my battery status! And couple of times my phone went dead from 20% :P The sudden changes in the measurement do seems to settle after 2-3 times recharging the battery but never disappear! Go figure. Anyone else facing this?? Or something like that.

Guest SnoopyDog
now waiting for 23053... topbar icons zoom is a must...

Maybe i don't get your point, but topbar icon zoom is already part of the latest builds. Still use the 23047 build but it (and the previous ones) have already a zoom for the top bar icons...

Maybe i don't get your point, but topbar icon zoom is already part of the latest builds. Still use the 23047 build but it (and the previous ones) have already a zoom for the top bar icons...

point is tht zoom bar will work in all menus

Guest HellboyMC

I won't waste anymore time on the misunderstanding all 3 of us had, but i have another question, reason why i like Nitrogen is because you can have a finger friendly UI that looks like windows media player. I like the option where you can make your screen black and still play music, which i don't see at other music players as you can only lock the screen and once the screen is black, the music stops and you don't need to update your library everytime you want to listen to anything, but instead just explore your maps just like at file explorer or resco explorer. This is why i would really love if anyone could give me a name of another good audio player (i guess i can also try M2D audio player), that won't cause such a problem, but doesn't have stupid stuff like updating library (windows media player, samsung touch player), not finger friendly enough (core player, TCPMP phenom 3), has enough settings and a nice theme. I do hope that another music player apart from those 5 exists.

I just have to say that i have done my first firmware upgrade since i bought my phone for nearly one year ago.

i have installed M2D full version 23049, and i haven't had any problems jet.

I'm looking forward to your next release with M2D.

PS i hope to see a lite version with M2D

Thx for this i love it.

Guest theraf90

hello,

just a few questions(new 23049 m2d ROM):

why doesn't the top bar work?

how can I change the start menu icon?

is the next ROM gonna use the new DXIF1 omnia firmware?

ps love your ROMs

Guest downjones

Guys I updated my Omnia with build 23049 and I experience a rapid battery drain..... I lose like 15% of battery power in 1 hour!!! I thought it is the bad battery so I bought a new one...and it is still happening.. :P.....BlueTooth, WiFI and all possible data connections are OFF!.......I can not find the reason and why it wasn't like that with Samsung original roms? :)

Does anybody have a solution? :D