QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Anyone know how to turn off GPRS after using in ROM 23049 (M2D Full) - Released on 15/09/2009 ? I try to click at the icon GPRS connection at the top but no thing happen. Last time it worked normal with ROM 23047.

isn't there a app in the startmenu called "nodata" if not google it.

at least i think it's this app your looking for

isn't there a app in the startmenu called "nodata" if not google it.

at least i think it's this app your looking for

Thx ! I found it on the rom but icon "E" GPRS still not disappear when i disabled all the connection in nodata.

Guest copperfield
Thx ! I found it on the rom but icon "E" GPRS still not disappear when i disabled all the connection in nodata.

Man just go in settings=>personal=>buttons and configure your endcall key in a way that when you press and hold it to disconect all your data calls and voilla :)

Guest ronaldb3

Ann N,

I believe Nodata is for when you do not want to connect to high speed(E) at all. (so when you are roaming you do not get surprised with a high bill, you run Nodata)

Did you ever do a search for "suspendresume"???? (post #9148) The reg changes described are to time out the High speed(E) connect after you are done/closed/hangup sooner than the default of 10 min/600 seconds, which is what I think you do not like. Me either. I changed it long ago to 10 seconds, and the changes work great.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest ronaldb3
Man just go in settings=>personal=>buttons and configure your endcall key in a way that when you press and hold it to disconect all your data calls and voilla :D

I have also done this. Works well when you remember to use it. :) I recommend to also change the reg values for SuspendResume. This is good to automatically close out "E" connection if you forget to use the endcall key. It has also helped when some other program connects using "E" (like a weather program) and does not do a nice disconnect in the program but just waits for the time out. You might not see this happen to know to use the endcall key.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

I have also done this. Works well when you remember to use it. :) I recommend to also change the reg values for SuspendResume. This is good to automatically close out "E" connection if you forget to use the endcall key. It has also helped when some other program connects using "E" (like a weather program) and does not do a nice disconnect in the program but just waits for the time out. You might not see this happen to know to use the endcall key.

Ron...

Thx Ron ! I changed the reg values. Now it auto turn off GPRS after using !

Your RapidShare Link isn't working.. For The Newest Build M2D This file is suspected to contain illegal content and has been blocked. After the file has been blocked for 7 days it will automatically be deleted, if the block is not removed by RapidShare. For this reason, a download of this file is currently not possible.

Umm. Update?

hi,

i'm using hephaistos m2d rom

1. when i try to open youtube player, the internal error coming up

2. does anyone know where to find green smoke THEME for m2d?

3. is there any registry editor in this rom?

thx for any help...

Edited by sylv696

Just tried the 3 last roms version and I still got the same bugs the same screen issues wit some prgs

Need to take a ride in Microsoft engineers office to kick some arse!!!!!

GOD BLESS 23017 roms versions

Still waitin for fixes in news versions....

THE THRUTH IS ...... BEHIND ME

Edited by Masta92

Thx Ron ! I changed the reg values. Now it auto turn off GPRS after using !

mind to share how did u do it?

it seems the battery drain faster with M2D on latest ROM built...it holds barely a day

Guest mrhendrik
Can anyone remember which version of 6.5ROM that still had the start menu button at the top left?

Thanks

Try 21851 from khuanchai's rom.. it's the most stable wm6.5 rom

Guest ronaldb3
mind to share how did u do it?

Hi rayzy,

See post #9148 on previous page of this thread and do that search. This is to help with the high speed(E) connection staying on. This does use more battery. I do not know if it will help with M2D.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Try the old trick. Modify this two regsitry entries:

CODE

HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\CacheTime

- this is a value in seconds, so 120 seconds is a 2 minute timeout after being idle. Default is 600.

CODE

HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\SuspendResume

- ~GPRS! - means as now, keep the connection up

- GPRS_bye_if_device_off - means use the timeout above if connection is idle

The only way to turn off the data connection through software is Settings>Connections>Data Call Manager

Try this rayzy

Guest ronaldb3
can anyone post a link with the best registry editor for omnia?

thx

Hi sylv696,

I can give you the names of three that people around here use:

PHM Registry Editor - small stand alone cab - Free

Total Commander - has reg editor subprogram -Free

SK Tools - has reg editor subprogram - Not Free but has trial

You can search here for the first two free ones and Google/Yahoo for the third.

Ron...

Update-Maybe you can try them all and let us know which one you like the best.

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest ronaldb3
Try the old trick. Modify this two regsitry entries:

CODE

HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\CacheTime

- this is a value in seconds, so 120 seconds is a 2 minute timeout after being idle. Default is 600.

CODE

HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\SuspendResume

- ~GPRS! - means as now, keep the connection up

- GPRS_bye_if_device_off - means use the timeout above if connection is idle

The only way to turn off the data connection through software is Settings>Connections>Data Call ManagerTry this rayzy

Anh N-

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.

Teach him how to fish (or use Search in this case) and he eats for life.

(quote from some famous person :) )

Help/encourage the newbies learn to use search for themselves. You learned, didn't you?

IMHO,

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3