QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest copperfield
can anyone post a link with the best registry editor for omnia?

thx

Dunno if its the best but works pretty good for me! But I think there are plenty of other reg editors in the modaco forum so do your search. As for the best you could start a thread about it, if someone havent started one allready! Lets not spam sectors thread! Good luck :)

PS: Actually just noticed that not much is going on around here so I guess a little offtopic is ok. Like to keep the chat going :D

regedit.Mrln_ARM.CAB

Edited by copperfield

Guest ronaldb3
As for the best you could start a thread about it, if someone havent started one allready! Lets not spam sectors thread!

Good point. I did not even think of that. Sorry. But as you can see from several of my recent posts, I am trying to get them to use search by giving a little help to start them off.

Ron...

Guest copperfield
Good point. I did not even think of that. Sorry. But as you can see from several of my recent posts, I am trying to get them to use search by giving a little help to start them off.

Ron...

Yeap I noticed your new approach and I really admire your patience and consistency with the noobs (no offence guys)! And from my humble experience the only reason they dont pay attention to these little, at first, things like spaming and the "search" fenomenon is couse they did not encounter them as much as we allready did (again, no offence guys). At least it was the case with me! Not trying to imply opinion! Just trying to understand to be able to help better! Anyway lets have fun while we wait for the next masterpeace from sector! Respect :D

PS: Ronaldb3 I did not understand what you were sorrying for in your last post but whatever it is for it is not necessery! You are one of the guys that are most helpfull and understanding to everyone in this forum and for that you got my respect! ........... Well time to eat :)

Hi Guys

For the last few months - i can't use my FM radio.

In the past - it worked perfectly, but from some rom onward - it just stopped.

I tried different roms, even downgrading to the formal Samsung one - but nothing.

I've tried different headset - all of them are fine, except that there is no any station in my radio. i.e it's working - but i can't find any station!

The weird thing is that sometimes - i can get hardly one station (in a bad quality) and in the next scanning - nothing.

I've tried different FM radio cabs, i've tried to delete OmniaTMC file from my GPS software but nothing...

It seems that something overruled my FM receiver and interrupt it from working - but i have no idea why.

Please guys - if you know any solution - please share, thanks.

Been using SPB mobile shell 3.5 with 23049 M2D version. Not a bad peice of software ,love the new 3d message viewer and everything works smoothly.

Anyone else using it?

P.S. You can use your old serial numbers from version 3.

Cheers.

and i will be making a new 23017 soon :)

Just for the people who prefer the older UI.

GOD BLESS YA BRO

I prefer the new UI, but it's too buggy wit too many apps

New UI good for those who dont use additionnal apps (for da moment)

THE THRUTH IS DOWN THERE...... THERE.... I TOLD YA THERE FELLAS!!!!!

how can you change you`re ringtone???

when i go to sounds and norifications...i can`t change the ringtype or the ringtone.....not even if i move a music file to my docs/my ringtones..

how can i change the damn song???

Guest ronaldb3
how can you change you`re ringtone???

when i go to sounds and norifications...i can`t change the ringtype or the ringtone.....not even if i move a music file to my docs/my ringtones..

how can i change the damn song???

Not under sounds/notifications.

Try: Settings/Personal/Phone/Ringtone

Ron...

Guest gdrijver

Unfortunately I am still not able connect my omnia to my car stereo via USB connection. I tried moving the music files from the storage card to the phone memory, changing the USB connection seetings, dowloading new music files in case the files were corrupted, reformatted the storage card (where the music files are located)....but nothing works.

I am currently using build 23049 and this never was an issue prior to 23047. For some reason the last two builds will not allow me to connect my Omnia to the car system at all. The error message that comes up on the screen is "unsupported file".

Anybody have any words of advice on this issue? I don't want to go back to a previous build cause the touchscreen functionality is so much better now, but I hate not being able to play my tunes in the car :)

Thanks

G

Unfortunately I am still not able connect my omnia to my car stereo via USB connection. I tried moving the music files from the storage card to the phone memory, changing the USB connection seetings, dowloading new music files in case the files were corrupted, reformatted the storage card (where the music files are located)....but nothing works.

I am currently using build 23049 and this never was an issue prior to 23047. For some reason the last two builds will not allow me to connect my Omnia to the car system at all. The error message that comes up on the screen is "unsupported file".

Anybody have any words of advice on this issue? I don't want to go back to a previous build cause the touchscreen functionality is so much better now, but I hate not being able to play my tunes in the car :)

Thanks

G

Sorry pal, i have no advice for you but all i can say i am using 23049 and it's great, i have everything on my car through bluetooth speaker combined with FM transmitter and everything works smoothly, GPS guidance, songs and phone calls.

Guest piroteca

Hi! My compliments for the work, I flashed the last ROM released at the moment, this: 23049 (M2D Full) - Released on 15/09/2009.

Anyway I have a serious problem: i can't insert my IP address in the setting panel of the WiFi Card (SyChip Jaguar WLAN, right?), in particular i can insert only 2 digit... i need to insert this 192.168.1.10 and i can insert only something like this: 19.16.1.10 -.-

How can i resolve?

ps. I don't know if the solution for my problem it's already explained in the thread but i can't read 480 pages and search doesn't work in these situations :)

Guest gdrijver
Sorry pal, i have no advice for you but all i can say i am using 23049 and it's great, i have everything on my car through bluetooth speaker combined with FM transmitter and everything works smoothly, GPS guidance, songs and phone calls.

I have been able to play songs through the bluetooth option, but not through the USB function. The quality of the audio is not as good through bluetooth as it is through the USB connection. It is also more difficult to navigate through playlists on the phone versus being able to use the car's system via USB. I was hoping there was a fix for it. ......Oh well

G

How is it that i910 chefs cook new roms much sooner than our i900 guys??

Our chefs are getting tired?

Yeap, im tired and bored :).

The new builds have unsolvable problems so we wait and wait!

Im still using 23049 and im really happy with it.

Guest dannych99
Yeap, im tired and bored :P .

KC is left :D

Could you cook BT fixed ROM next time? :)

Guest hasnainhyder1
Yeap, im tired and bored :) .

Sector you are a source of Hope for us ... Please never leave us...

Guest eranst

Sector -

i am also on your 23049 and it's great! we all have much appreciation to your hard work!

Take your time.

I've tried the next one just to play with this a little bit and one of the thing i saw that it doesn't support anymore in right to left languages... so as for now - i am VERY happy with your 23049 - i hope your next build will does support in these languages.

I have one question -

since the roms are getting better and since we have now SPB MS 3.5 - the battery is used more and more and being drained quickly, does anyone know about increased power battery that last longer than the Samsung original one? and if there is something like this - please give a lik where can i buy it...

Many thanks

hey guys,

is there a way i can get a cab file for the startmenu in this rom?

could someone sort me out with it pleaseee...

coz im thinkin fo trying other roms but they dont have that nice effeect that this one does,, thanks in advance

Guest goingInside

Hi,

Anyone can help to find some registry key in their Omnia (sector latest 23049 Neo Titanium rom)?

Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel, what is the registry key between Sip and Sounds? It consists of sub-keys such as Alarm, Attenuation, Feedback etc...

I accidently rename this key so now I dunno what's the actual name

Please help! Thank you!

Hi,

Anyone can help to find some registry key in their Omnia (sector latest 23049 Neo Titanium rom)?

Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel, what is the registry key between Sip and Sounds? It consists of sub-keys such as Alarm, Attenuation, Feedback etc...

I accidently rename this key so now I dunno what's the actual name

Please help! Thank you!

'SoundCategories'

I think thats what your after anyway

Edited by mo_77