QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

SMS FIX screwed up the windows seven logo on home page then when i changed theme its made the lock logo go all sorts of weird colours. reset now its got the old windows logo in black and white.

SMS FIX screwed up the windows seven logo on home page then when i changed theme its made the lock logo go all sorts of weird colours. reset now its got the old windows logo in black and white.

SMS fix doesnt screw up this.

Change again theme and reboot if it doesnt work

I have. Done hard reset and tried again 3 times same thing happening

It changes the seven logo only on home page. in the honeycomb it all looks right.

Im using the neo version by the way

Edited by Sb.

Hey sector I love this newest rom now that everything works properly, heck I liked it when they didn't. I only have a couple of questions since I would like to stay with this rom if at all possible.

1. Can we get a .cab that makes the M2D setting app visible in the start menu.

2. The browser tab on the start screen doesn't open my youtube app or the internet browser. How can I fix this?

Again, thanx so much for all of your work and to everyone who may have helped you. It's an awesome rom. Your roms keep me enjoying my omnia it's like getting a new phone everytime.

Thanx

How to change color of the top and bottom bar ? Mine is blue :)( dont know why ??? I tried to change themes and restart twice ! But got no result !

Edited by Anh N.

Hey sector I love this newest rom now that everything works properly, heck I liked it when they didn't. I only have a couple of questions since I would like to stay with this rom if at all possible.

1. Can we get a .cab that makes the M2D setting app visible in the start menu.

2. The browser tab on the start screen doesn't open my youtube app or the internet browser. How can I fix this?

Again, thanx so much for all of your work and to everyone who may have helped you. It's an awesome rom. Your roms keep me enjoying my omnia it's like getting a new phone everytime.

Thanx

1. i didnt understand what u mean

2. You need to install M2DC and choose there your players. For youtube i remember there is a registry to fix this. You just have to point in m2d settings where your youtube.exe player is.

How to change color of the top and bottom bar ? Mine is blue :) ( dont know why ??? I tried to change themes and restart twice ! But got no result !

Change to another theme for example classic blue and then back to WM7Premium.

Start -> Settings -> Home -> Classic blue press OK.

then

Start -> Settings -> Home -> WM7Premium and press OK.

Guest joseph56

23064 (M2D2.0 version 1919.1432 Full) - Released on 11/10/2009

Hello,

about this version I got a lot off bugs. THe 23049 is better, faster and more stable.

BUGS:

- Digital CAM: after take a shot it stop to work

- HTC album manager: very slow and stop to work in some folders. After you set some folder as "favorite folder" it´s show a blank windows. Sometimes it´s works....

- Browser acess via manila: Don´t acess the browser. It can be fixed with M2DC

- Wallpaper: on settings screen at manila the wallpaper button doesn´t work

- Finger mouse: it works, but appears strange images after you press the button

- Youtube link: doen´t work

- Map search: even after I install Google maps it doens´t works

- WIndows stratup folder: IMstart.exe and showcase are takeing memory and doing not for US

- Resco FIle explorer: The fix in this ROM is based on showcase fix. I think that´s always a bad idea when you need to run some program at startup to fix some bug. THe memory MUST stay clean and fast

- Manila 2D v.20: It´s really beautyfull, but it´s slower than te 23049 ROM.

-Touch: I feel no difference

Veredict: I will return to 23049. It´s is a really faster, battery saver and stable ROM.

Thank you

All working fine for me Not A single issue. Hard reset or re download and install the Rom again.

Sector ive tried everything , ive even installed jeffery's theme again and it still does it.

If i go through all the themes i can get it to show up on home page but at honeycomb the lock goes funny as i said and then if I reset it goes back to the old logo.

Guest MasterJam88

Hey guys!

Is there a way to eliminate the scroll bar in the orginal samsung dialer? It's very annoying!

Would be awesome if u could help me out!

And Sector: JUST WOW! I was sceptical if the newer ROMs could get the stability of your 21009 and finally u made it with this release! This ROM is awesome. Thx m8!

One question: Will there be a chance that the radar in titanium weather will work?

Thx guys!

Guest katalino

Hi colleagues,

Very,very good rom, SMS cab fix the main problem I had, but...

there is a little issue I would like to comment: I did not receive any notification when new e-mail arrives. Nor sound nor symbol in the top bar nor message in the popup window.

Anyone more has noticed that? Is there any way to fix?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Guest MasterJam88
Hi colleagues,

Very,very good rom, SMS cab fix the main problem I had, but...

there is a little issue I would like to comment: I did not receive any notification when new e-mail arrives. Nor sound nor symbol in the top bar nor message in the popup window.

Anyone more has noticed that? Is there any way to fix?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Open SMS Menu-----> TOOLS---------> OPTIONS-------> click on text messages and then u can request delivery notifications

or

Start---> Messaging---->Menu(options)------->click on text messages and then u can request delivery notifications

Edited by MasterJam88

1. i didnt understand what u mean

2. You need to install M2DC and choose there your players. For youtube i remember there is a registry to fix this. You just have to point in m2d settings where your youtube.exe player is.

Sorry I should have been more clear. In other roms that I have tried there was an icon in the start menu that took me into the M2D settings. Either I just can't find it or I don't have it, but it's not there. I don't have enough knowledge of M2D to change all the settings through registry edits. I used to use that setting program to do it.

Edited by btbarr

Guest katalino
Open SMS Menu-----> TOOLS---------> OPTIONS-------> click on text messages and then u can request delivery notifications

or

Start---> Messaging---->Menu(options)------->click on text messages and then u can request delivery notifications

Thanks for your help. But this is not my problem.

I mean, I have no notifications when an e-mail arrives to my Exchange or Hotmail or Gmail account, after I synchronize the mailbox of course :)

Guest HellboyMC
'

Hi hellboy,

If you can get to the registry, try these values:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/HARDWARE/DEVICEMAP/TOUCH/CalibrationData

Based on the acceptable/standard settings mentioned in earlier posts, I think the value here should be :

' 519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872'

This will get you close and then you can do a screen alignment if needed.

Ron...

I installed KC's 23064 build and touch was ok again, then i changed the values to what u suggested and again, its like 1 cm off...how is this possible? the numbers i had before (wrote them down just in case) were not much off those you just gave me and yet, it made it a lot worse.

This is what i had: 513,486 173,940 187,78 856,75 891,932

So my question is, what does those numbers mean? I guess it's middle, up left, down left, down up and down right, so why isn't a perfect calibration, 500,000 for middle, then i'm not sure for the sides, but shouldn't numbers look more round like i gave suggestion for the middle? I mean with the values u gave me, i pressed somewhere and i hit something 1 cm down...

Edited by HellboyMC

Guest ronaldb3
I installed KC's 23064 build and touch was ok again, then i changed the values to what u suggested and again, its like 1 cm off...how is this possible? the numbers i had before (wrote them down just in case) were not much off those you just gave me and yet, it made it a lot worse.

This is what i had: 513,486 173,940 187,78 856,75 891,932

So my question is, what does those numbers mean? I guess it's middle, up left, down left, down up and down right, so why isn't a perfect calibration, 500,000 for middle, then i'm not sure for the sides, but shouldn't numbers look more round like i gave suggestion for the middle? I mean with the values u gave me, i pressed somewhere and i hit something 1 cm down...

I set up a grid a while back to try and figure this out. I remember that the numbers where upside down to how I first drew it. But I don't remember much else.

The 5 pairs are x,y coordinates of the pixels for the 5 crossmarks when you do an alginment. First is center. Last is upper right. the small 75 and 78 look wrong to me. Is this the problem?

Ron...

Guest HellboyMC
I set up a grid a while back to try and figure this out. I remember that the numbers where upside down to how I first drew it. But I don't remember much else.

The 5 pairs are x,y coordinates of the pixels for the 5 crossmarks when you do an alginment. First is center. Last is upper right. the small 75 and 78 look wrong to me. Is this the problem?

Ron...

I have a felling it's a hardware issue, not about coordinates, when i changed back to 513,486 173,940 187,78 856,75 891,932 touch works as good as on my last ROM 23034.

One more question, is this common that custom ROMs after time become more and more unstable, i flash my omnia every few months, cause i have to soft reset more and more often, on 23034, i had to soft reset because my omnia froze everytime i would connect her to computer via usb and then disconnect (this is when froze occurred), but the problem didn't start on the beginning, but for the past few weeks. Also, on windows explorer, it worked well, then suddenly it always opened windows folder from the beggining and wouldn't stop loading, i could exit with end call button, but i couldn't turn on any more programs because windows explorer took all my memory, so i had to turn it off with htc task manager before i could use showcase task manager again cause this one wouldn't open due to lack of memory. I couldn't prevent those two issue no matter what, but they were duable because i didn't need a lot of new stuff to put on my phone over the comp and i installed resco explorer, which solved me the problem of not being able to use windows explorer.

Oh and if you are maybe familiar with M2D 2.0? I can't find the settings icon for M2D (i think it's called M2D DC?) I installed it not via flashing, but from instructors sector gave, it works, but this is missing, so i can't change theme/remove some tabs)

Guest mynullvoid

I am using the V2, and found problem with keyboard, I had tried many times to select Samsung Keyboard, but again still given a small default keyboard.

Guest ace_kit
I am using the V2, and found problem with keyboard, I had tried many times to select Samsung Keyboard, but again still given a small default keyboard.

I have been a lurker here for ages, and this is the first time for me to post something.

First of all, thanks for all the roms! :)

Next, I seem to have the same problem. I can only click on the Samsung Keyboard. Is it lacking the cabs for the other input types?

Guest ronaldb3
I have a felling it's a hardware issue, not about coordinates, when i changed back to 513,486 173,940 187,78 856,75 891,932 touch works as good as on my last ROM 23034.

One more question, is this common that custom ROMs after time become more and more unstable, i flash my omnia every few months, cause i have to soft reset more and more often, on 23034, i had to soft reset because my omnia froze everytime i would connect her to computer via usb and then disconnect (this is when froze occurred), but the problem didn't start on the beginning, but for the past few weeks. Also, on windows explorer, it worked well, then suddenly it always opened windows folder from the beggining and wouldn't stop loading, i could exit with end call button, but i couldn't turn on any more programs because windows explorer took all my memory, so i had to turn it off with htc task manager before i could use showcase task manager again cause this one wouldn't open due to lack of memory. I couldn't prevent those two issue no matter what, but they were duable because i didn't need a lot of new stuff to put on my phone over the comp and i installed resco explorer, which solved me the problem of not being able to use windows explorer.

Oh and if you are maybe familiar with M2D 2.0? I can't find the settings icon for M2D (i think it's called M2D DC?) I installed it not via flashing, but from instructors sector gave, it works, but this is missing, so i can't change theme/remove some tabs)

Hi hellboy,

I can only discuss in details the first issue. As to the second, I have a lot of apps added on. I was still on 23047-UL for several weeks until today. I noticed no growing problems. As to the third, I use SPB3 with the UL version, not M2D or Titanium at all.

Your 75/78 numbers are in place of normal 129/127 numbers. This would indicate to me that the left to right alignment is correct, but the 3rd and 4th crossmarks at the left bottom and right bottom end up being too low on the screen. This can be tested using the keyboard with the very small letters. When you touch a letter (using stylus) a different letter highlights. Can you do this test???

Good luck,

Ron...

PS- my numbers using the manual alignment app are: 514,509 180,887 174,146 862,141 834,892

and on another device: 519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

So you can see they are different but closer than yours.

So I am thinking that unless your device was really screwed up at the factory screen install, the 75/78 is just wrong.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Change to another theme for example classic blue and then back to WM7Premium.

Start -> Settings -> Home -> Classic blue press OK.

then

Start -> Settings -> Home -> WM7Premium and press OK.

Work fine 4 me ! Thank Sector !!!!