QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Hi sector thanks for the roms. I flashed the hades v1 rom but it has an very big problem - when i take picture with tha camera the phone freezes andhave to soft reset. I see there is v2 of the rom isthe bug fixed there?

Thanks in advance.

Yes it is fixed. Thats why v1 is removed and v2 is out.

Hello Sector, hello guys.

Just tried last night 23064 UL from Sector.

That rom is really smooth and responsive as should be

the phone :)

But Sector (or anyone who knows how), how can i

add Titanium because it's not present in that rom, it's

the only modification i want to this rom.

Thanks in advance for your help or a link, looking really

forward to setup my phone that way for a long while.

Thats why it is ULite rom. No Titanium inside. Anw i will release a beta cab for classic Titanium and let me know if it works for you.

Wow, you were pretty fast on replying,

thanks for your support Sector, i'll keep

my eyes on your thread!

Samsung should thank you and other good

rom cookers for doing what they don't think

to be useful for their image.. :)

Guest Devil_82
So here is the classic titanium.

It is only for UL version that doesnt have Titanium.

Let me know if it works for you.

Install to \My device and soft reset i guess

hi sector, do you have any solution for my themes problem? i tried to revert back to the original tsk files but still the same as it only change the color. do you have any cab files to revert back to default wm6.5 with the start button on the top left corner. sorry if this topic has been covered. cant really find it. thanks

Nice work again Sector,can you please post in goodies section your versions of titanium plugings CLauncher,Cclock,CSettings,CHome-notification and Ccomm.Thank you :) .

Edited by chivi

Hey Sector, Great Rom... I have an issue though... I installed the Neo Titanium Hades version and there is no Titanium. Just the Originial Home Screen... Redownloaded reflashed but the issue remains... Any idea why? I want to mention that i tried all of your past roms and i had no such issue before

Edited by anpho

Hey Sector, Great Rom... I have an issue though... I installed the Neo Titanium Hades version and there is no Titanium. Just the Originial Home Screen... Redownloaded reflashed but the issue remains... Any idea why? I want to mention that i tried all of your past roms and i had no such issue before

Hey Anpho, Go to Start, Settings, Home, Items and select "Windows Default". :)

Hey Anpho, Go to Start, Settings, Home, Items and select "Windows Default". :(

thx for the reply... i already fixed it my self... curious though why it wasn't selected from the start

:)

Guest henrerossouw
please dear friends, i can't find the solution to my problem, i search it but without answer...

so please, can someone tell me how i can get opera on internet tab? i install opera on my storage...

thanks in advance and excuse my english!!!

Google MD2C, download cab and install. In the settings, change the path to Opera on My Storage.

Guest henrerossouw
Hi,

I installed latest version :

23064 (M2D2.0 version 1919.1432 Full) - Released on 11/10/2009

Everything seem fine except one thing very ignoring.

The TouchFlo sometimes close itself randomly and then restart itself. Sometime happens after closing other applications. Sometime after I press "End Call" (Home) button. I cannot figured out the patterns.

Do you know any registry key setting that can stop TouchFlo (M2D) close itself ?

Thanks !

:)

I believe, and somebody might want to confirm this, that it is due to memory (or lack thereof) that M2D restarts itself. The new Manila Touchflo seems rather memory intense which is why you'll find it happening after using apps or making calls.

Update: In the old days, you had to tap the screen to restart Touchflo, which was very annoying. Luckily, these days it restarts automatically. So you should be happy about that. :-)

Edited by henrerossouw

Guest henrerossouw

There's a minor bug with the newer ROMs which doesn't bother me at all, but I thought it wise to mention should anyone come across it as well:

I cannot adjust the speaker volume during a call using the hard volume buttons on the side of the device. Increasing or decreasing volume simply does nothing.

Anyone else?

Guest METZGERR

thanks for the latest rom, im very impressed.

but one thing annoys me: how can i set opera as the default webbrowser and include in into the touchflo navigation (meaning to replace ms internet explorer, which btw doesnt start from there).

thanks!

Guest manupuerto
thanks for the latest rom, im very impressed.

but one thing annoys me: how can i set opera as the default webbrowser and include in into the touchflo navigation (meaning to replace ms internet explorer, which btw doesnt start from there).

thanks!

you have to install m2dc, and from there you can select opera like your default browser into touchflo

Guest Phrozin

Hi,All

Maybe you guys can help me,I may sound like a noob asking this question :(

Long I was running spb mobile shell,cause it had my city on it.Now I flashed my omnia with 'DXID1_23049_Hephaistos_M2D'-I couldn't add my city on the weather widget,cause it wasn't listed there.

I read that you could add the code of your city (got code of accuweather site-AFR|ZA|SF007|KLERKSDORP ),but i couldn't find the place to add it on my omnia,I even changed the .xml file but couldn't copy it over via resco explorer,cuase it lay in windows folder and was not allowed.

I'm busy flashing to the new rom(thanx,Sector for your much appreciated hard work :) ) 'DXID1_23064_M2D_Hades_v2'.As I'm very much interessted to learn the M2D version,I only would like some help to get my city added on the weather tab that is on front by default-otherwise I have to load spb.weather again,but would defeat the purpose of this nice rom,because eveything is already on there from the start ;)

Thanks goes out to all the contributors of this awesome rom,I bow down to you!!!

Guest henrerossouw
Hi,All

Maybe you guys can help me,I may sound like a noob asking this question :(

Long I was running spb mobile shell,cause it had my city on it.Now I flashed my omnia with 'DXID1_23049_Hephaistos_M2D'-I couldn't add my city on the weather widget,cause it wasn't listed there.

I read that you could add the code of your city (got code of accuweather site-AFR|ZA|SF007|KLERKSDORP ),but i couldn't find the place to add it on my omnia,I even changed the .xml file but couldn't copy it over via resco explorer,cuase it lay in windows folder and was not allowed.

I'm busy flashing to the new rom(thanx,Sector for your much appreciated hard work :) ) 'DXID1_23064_M2D_Hades_v2'.As I'm very much interessted to learn the M2D version,I only would like some help to get my city added on the weather tab that is on front by default-otherwise I have to load spb.weather again,but would defeat the purpose of this nice rom,because eveything is already on there from the start ;)

Thanks goes out to all the contributors of this awesome rom,I bow down to you!!!

Hey dude, I'm from South Africa too :-)

You're looking for this file: HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml in your Windows folder. Copy it to your computer (don't edit on your phone). It contains a list of all the cities already added. Just copy a line of code and insert your settings.

After you've edited the file, switch off Touchflo and then copy the file back to the Windows folder. Switch on Touchflo and it should work.

Guest johnsie

This has probably been said, but here's how I got my Opera browser working:

1. Downloaded the .cab for Opera Mini from operas site

2. Installed the cab

3. Download the M2DC cab from here

4. Installed the cab

5. Ran M2DC and used the Internet tab in it to set my default browser as Opera. Opera was located at \program files\opera mobile\OperaL.exe

(dont click 'set default' after this or it wont work)

My only problem now is that I have a UK Orange branded Omnia. Somehow, even when I change rom the phone remembers the Orange GRPS settings. This is bad because Internet Explorer and MSN Messenger both try to use that Orange connection and wont work. I want to use my 3UK connection that works fine for everything else. Maybe someone here can help me with this? The Orange connection does not appear anywhere under the connections dialog so I can't deleted it. I have changed network from Orange to 3UK and want everything Orange gone.

Edited by johnsie

Guest MasterJam88

Hey guys!

Is there a way to eliminate the scroll bar in the orginal samsung dialer? It's very annoying!

Would be awesome if u could help me out!

And Sector: JUST WOW! I was sceptical if the newer ROMs could get the stability of your 21009 and finally u made it with this release! This ROM is awesome. Thx m8!

One question: Will there be a chance that the radar in titanium weather will work?

Thx guys!

hi, this is the first time to use your rom

yours rom is very fast

but i have some problem about the wifi

i can't use the wifi to explore website but the wifi was connected

when i use gprs, it ok.

am i have any setting missing? i instill your rom just 1 hour.

Guest gdrijver

I am using the 23064 Neo Titanium Rom and am not able to open emails or reply to emails. I did a couple of hard resets and even re-flashed the rom, but no luck. All menu options seem to work with the exception of tapping on an email to open it and the "new" or "reply" funtions. I'm not trying to write an SMS, just email. Anything I can do to fix this?

G

Edit: SMS fix did the trick

Edited by gdrijver