QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest Th3rmal
I flashed M2D rom v2.0, and have none of the problems above. Two Questions:

-if u are using the m2d rom, did u download the first version or the 2nd version, cos the first version has had problems with the camera like u described, and is corrected in the 2nd.

- Did u do a hardreset after flashing ur rom? Its always good to do a hardreset after u flashed rom. Usually can help avoid a lot of stability issues.

Cheers

I had the first version, I shall try the second version this time to see if it fixes any of the problems. Thanks.

And yes I did about 3 hard resets followed by a re-flash and another 2 hard resets, same problem every time :S

Guest aaronhome86

hi anyone having the touch flo player problem??

it make my omnia hang everytime i stop at the player there....when i open the task manager, it show 90% usage of CPU.

i wonder if sector can remove this player? or teach me how to remove it.

i like tis rom..is great!! but jus the player make it hang..

thanks..

i just flash the ROM DXID1_23064_M2D_Hades_v2

Edited by aaronhome86

Guest henrerossouw

it make my omnia hang everytime i stop at the player there....when i open the task manager, it show 90% usage of CPU.

thanks..

You mean the music player? Why don't you just remove the tab? Much easier.

Guest henrerossouw
Hi Sector!

Good work. :) Where I find it the Manilla2D customizer program? The internet browser how I can select it it M2D on a surface the newest one M2Dv2 in a version? Thanks!

The customizer has been discussed at length on this page, not to mention this thread. It's called M2DC. Do the search.

The second part of your question is incomprehensible.

Guest copperfield
Did experience extreme battery drainage overnight. From 70% to Flight mode in 7 hours with zero activity. Playing around with some settings (including NoData to disable 3G).

Will report again.

Left over night with 60%, in the morning the sweet 60% were still there! For me stand by batt drainage was never an issue but the extreeme drainage while using whatever other functions IS! "Playing around with some settings" neglects the "zero activity" part :)

Guest copperfield

thanks..

i just flash the ROM DXID1_23064_M2D_Hades_v2

I am taking it by "everytime i stop at the player there" you ment while you scroll through the different tabs! Everything is fine by me but the hangin could be caused by inability of the player to scan and find in time your music files! This happens some times when your tracks are on the mem card and the player is accessing them too slow or not at all! Could be caused by slow transfer speeds of the mem card or too many files. But I could be wrong .. :)

Guest henrerossouw
Left over night with 60%, in the morning the sweet 60% were still there! For me stand by batt drainage was never an issue but the extreeme drainage while using whatever other functions IS! "Playing around with some settings" neglects the "zero activity" part :)

I meant, it drained overnight while I was sleeping. So what I'm doing now is playing around with some settings and will then check again tomorrow morning while I leave it overnight. :(

I am using Sector's Rom 23064 (M2D2.0 version 1919.1432 Full) - Released on 11/10/2009.

I'm facing problem in it. When ever I take picture, my cell freezes. :)

Will some one help me regarding this issue?

Regards

---

Dr Faryal Saeed ABDAL

[email protected]

Guest henrerossouw

I meant, it drained overnight while I was sleeping. So what I'm doing now is playing around with some settings and will then check again tomorrow morning while I leave it overnight. :(

Update: I have disabled my 3G auto connect, uninstalled S2U2 as I found the native WinMo 6.5 lock to be great (finally). Charging it now and will monitor overnight.

Guest henrerossouw
I am using Sector's Rom 23064 (M2D2.0 version 1919.1432 Full) - Released on 11/10/2009.

I'm facing problem in it. When ever I take picture, my cell freezes. :)

Regards

---

Dr Faryal Saeed ABDAL

[email protected]

It's odd. The second release supposedly corrected that problem. I suggest your hard reset and check again. Alternatively, flash the ROM again.

Guest jmsmartins
It's odd. The second release supposedly corrected that problem. I suggest your hard reset and check again. Alternatively, flash the ROM again.

I bet my left ball that he flashed the first version, got the problem with the camera, didn't read the others' posts and didn't flash the second release EHEH

Guest jmsmartins

I'm facing problem in it. When ever I take picture, my cell freezes. :(

Regards

---

Dr Faryal Saeed ABDAL

[email protected]

did you read last pages? so many bros here had the same issue and sector uploaded a 2nd release in wich that issue is FIXED! did you try to flash ur omnia with the 2nd release? you should.. and you should read more so you don't have to ask questions that have been answered over and over... :) cheers mate

Guest henrerossouw
hi sector

can you please give me a mediafire link for your awesome ROM in m2dv2 ?

please help me master ;-D

thanks

Dude, chill out. I'm sure if someone has a mediafire link, they will give it to you. After three attempts however, it seems a possibility that there is no mediafire download available. Why don't you go to the second post of this thread and see which other download links are available.

Then, also browse through the last couple of pages because someone else did post some other download links as well.

Remember, some of us had to read through 480 odd pages to get what we need...People here will get annoyed if you don't do your research and just keep on asking questions that have been answered on numerous occasions already.

Nice work again Sector,can you please post in goodies section your versions of titanium plugings CLauncher,Cclock,CSettings,CHome-notification and Ccomm.Thank you :) .

+1 yeah plz

Guest copperfield

After spending half a day with 23064 M2D the only thing that I found to be wrong with it is that the button on the internet tab for youtube does not open youtube itself! It does nothing but I am shore its a matter of a reg tweek to get it to work. Other than that rock solid! Marvelous :)

Edit: The sms bug in non threaded mode is still present but is of no fault of M2D.

Edit2: On the launcher tab if you change the rows to 5 you will not be able to add progs to the slots!

Edit3: The battery seems to drain slower than previous builds.

Edited by copperfield

Guest copperfield
I bet my left ball that he flashed the first version, got the problem with the camera, didn't read the others' posts and didn't flash the second release EHEH

+1

Guest Phrozin
Hello,

What is WDR in the APN settings ?

Hope this is correct,a.f.a.i.k. it stands for Wide Dynamic range(if you refering to camera settings?)-only WDR I know :)

"It works by taking two scans of the same image and then combines them together to provide one balanced image. One scan is taken using high speed CCD while the other is taken using low speed CCD. Most probably, Samsung Omnia i900 has only one CCD and the WDR function is software-controlled."

got it from here:Omnia camera settings

Hope it was helpfull

Guest bouboule
Hope this is correct,a.f.a.i.k. it stands for Wide Dynamic range(if you refering to camera settings?)-only WDR I know :)

"It works by taking two scans of the same image and then combines them together to provide one balanced image. One scan is taken using high speed CCD while the other is taken using low speed CCD. Most probably, Samsung Omnia i900 has only one CCD and the WDR function is software-controlled."

got it from here:Omnia camera settings

Hope it was helpfull

Thanks for your answer i will try and tell if it's better.

Hi,

I a using your latest M2D version ROM. Just want to report several minor things:

1. there is a scroll bar on the phone dialer which hides the right most digit number. Is there any way to remove the scroll bar?

2. when I make a call, the screen becomes black. I cannot read the font on the screen, cause I think the font used on the screen is black, too. Any way to solve this?

3. when click on the menu/option scroll which give a column of several choices, usually the first choice is blank (does not show the wordings). Even though I usually can guess what the commands are, it would be nice if it can shows the wordings.

4. I notice that there were many programs came with the rom, to be honest, I haven't tried them all. Do they all already compatibe with the OS?

Thank you vey much and sorry for my bad English