QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

I have problem with Touch Response. After the a couple of minutes use with the phone the screen stop give a vibrate feedback and to fix it I need to do a soft rest.

Some one have solution for this?

Guest ProBlake
How can I get rid of word ñ then?

Thanks

Start/Settings/personal/input--input-method samsung keyboard--options language -----english. Finally soft-reset and you dont have the word ñ.

I hope this help you. :)

Apart from TouchFlo restart itself issue, I found that the battery drain much faster than previous Sector's ROM. Not sure if it is in my Omnia or not ? Does anybody experience the battery drainage issue ... thanks!

I thik the battery drainage is caused by TouchFlo.

After I disable TouchFlo in Today Items and use windows Default (Titanium as my home item). The battery drainage is not happen so far. so, I suspect there is something running in background from TouchFlo....

anyways, I am happy running that ROM without TouchFlo.

It's odd. The second release supposedly corrected that problem. I suggest your hard reset and check again. Alternatively, flash the ROM again.

Thanks.

Let me try 'hard reset' and wish me luck. :)

in M2D 1.0, the right soft key at the bottom is mapped to 'launcher' in M2D.

How can I set that up in M2D2.0?

I've looked up everywhere in settings and can't seem to find that.

If i install third party software to map the soft keys, i can only map it to launch a program, but not to a particular tab/page in a program (in this case the launcher page in M2D.

Any ideas? Thanks

Guest joseph56
SMS REPLY FIX CAB still does not work for unthreaded messages.

it is working fine for me. after cab fix I installed the HTC keybord (Very Nice!!) and SMS Reply working like it should be, even when i press reply keybord poping as well. Try to reinstall the cab. 

Guest joseph56
Hi!

I have installed the SECTOR'S AWESOME 6.5 ROMS 23049 (Titanium Lite) and very like it.

However, Gpsgate programe (GpsGate PPC v2.6 build 326 ) could not install "virtual port driver", so I could not use TomTom in Omnia now.

Is there anybody know why and how could I solve it?

thanks

I have it installed and working fine and lot faster lockin GPS and fast loading TomTom7. I am very happy Sector. This latest Rom is the best. I can not see any reson to fash any other Rom.

Guest livingwater

My apologies...i've already found that contact ui..that ui is displayed when u add a new contact....so basically the search contact ui is still the old contact ui from windows...

I also want to confirm some bugs:

1. the touchflo often restart itself after using some applications,even after i open my sms message, and close it...the touchflo is restarting and sometimes need to tap to launch it again, sometimes it is automatically launched

2. the battery drain: mine goes from 88% to 67% in just 3 hours and within that time range, i didn't do anything with my phone, just received 2 sms message.

3. the sms cab is really fix some of the sms bug in m2d. I can reply sms directly from m2d, BUT I can't forward the sms from m2d. If I press forward from m2d, it just open the sms message window, but the 'supposed forwarded message' didn't get copied. it just open blank new sms message window.

Guest gcandelori

Hey! Sector... First thanks to all people who participate in this rom... it is very cool.... ;)

but...

i have a problem...

When i want to open one email from my inbox, i doesn't do anything...

i can't open and read my emails... ;)

... how i can fix it? :)

Thank for all

Regards from Chile!! :(

Guest Satan lucifer

Hello everyone, can i check if anyone experience problem with their wifi?? I can get it connected but cannot surf net with it. No problem before with 6.1 ROM.

Guest leap_ahead
Hello everyone, can i check if anyone experience problem with their wifi?? I can get it connected but cannot surf net with it. No problem before with 6.1 ROM.

Cannot connect to internet: Go to Settings>Connections>Operator settings, Set a different operator than yours wait for 30 secs and then re-enable your default one.

Guest maxniper
Hey! Sector... First thanks to all people who participate in this rom... it is very cool.... ;)

but...

i have a problem...

Thank for all

+1 i have the same problem

Hi Sector,

Quick question, I've been trying out yours and shokka9's version of 23064 and noticed that when installing apps from Microsoft marketplace your rom asked where I would like to install is, (device, my storage, storage card), but his doesn't. Is it possible for me to change this or this this happen by some weird quirk when I flashed your rom?

Guest Borna Ionut

but...

i have a problem...

Thank for all

Whay don't you read the FIRST POST..There it is your answer

FIXES: SMS Reply (and e-mail) fix for all ROMS: zip.gif SMS_FIX.cab

Edited by Borna Ionut

Guest henrerossouw
Did experience extreme battery drainage overnight. From 70% to Flight mode in 7 hours with zero activity. Playing around with some settings (including NoData to disable 3G).

Will report again.

me to extreme battery drainage ful battery in the morning 7 hours later 35 procent left gona flash the older version that was ok

The most I get from my phone is two days! And the differences between the drainage in different roms is minimal!

I uninstalled S2U2 yesterday and fully charged the phone.

What seems to happen is that when the phone wakes up, the battery often shows to be very low (like 30% or less), but gradually increases back to 80% or 90% after a while. (Has anyone experienced this???)

So from yesterday afternoon at 4pm until this morning at 10am the battery drained from 100% to 80%, which seems fair.

Guest henrerossouw
I have a prbem with the homescreen clock from m2d. When i switching to the homescreen of m2d the clock is one hour back and then change to normal hour clock. What is the solution to this problem???

Yeah, it's funny isn't it? But it's also cool...your friends with stupid phones will all be like "wow, the flipping digits is awesome!"

Guest henrerossouw
I dont have this problem :) But then again I dont use alot of programs at the same time and I am saying this in relation to some guys suggesting that the problem could be m2d running out of memory and restarting itself! Guys if you dont see solution to a problem couple of pages this probably means that there isnt one! Repeating the question wont make a difference. And not all of us are experiencing this problem!

I was the one who thinks it's memory related. I'm not sure, it's just a thought. I have a lot of applications installed, which seems to cause Touchflo to restart once in a while. Even when not using many apps at once, just having a lot installed seems to do this.

If it proves to be a memory issue, keep in mind that the Omnia i900 doesn't even remotely compare to the newest phones' amount of memory. Sector is doing a brilliant job to make the newest UI available for our phones...but he can't do anything about the limitations of the hardware.

Guest henrerossouw
SMS REPLY FIX CAB still does not work for unthreaded messages.

It's been well documented that this is not a Sector ROM issue, but a WM issue.

Guest maxniper
Whay don't you read the FIRST POST..There it is your answer

FIXES: SMS Reply (and e-mail) fix for all ROMS: zip.gif SMS_FIX.cab

yap you have rigth but it wasn't working for me, but after a hard reset and aply the smsFix.cab it was working again :)

Guest SnoopyDog

Hi Sector, just wanna say

Thank you

for this new ROM with the name "Hades". And congrats for more than one million thread views :) Everything is working great so far. And (never thought MS will make it some day): Finally i can scroll the messages in my E-Mail inbox!!! In all previous ROMs it was not possible but now it works. Does this come from your SMS Patch (necessary to install) or did MS make it?

I only can't find VoIP anymore. Normally i don't need it, only for testing so far. Did MS hide the config sheet?

Edit: i use the "normal" Titanium ROM even though i don't need Titanium. But in the UL version some things that i need are missing.

Edited by SnoopyDog