QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest Scandisk_fr
Which memory? RAM? If you mean RAM, then it's the same by me too, but TouchFLO doesn't restart. I don't run many resource-hungry applications at once, but it did restart once or twice.

Try to flash your phone with the same ROM again.

I try to flash Tomorrow (again)

Thx for help :)

Guest corpisa
Hi everybody

another newbie asking stupid (?) questions (hope I didn't miss any answers to that question :( ):

@ Sector: I've just seen an HTC phone in a store with original WinMo 6.5 ("Windows Phone"); am I right that 23064 is not yet the final version of 6.5? Are you already working on/with a final version?

Been flashing for months and love your ROMs, so THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR WORK!

Im using shokka9 latest rom and he told me one time that we are well beyond 6.5 and I think sector's rom are also the same, just look at the official MS mobile webpage and you'll see that we got all of that ages ago.

Apart from original HTC software you saw on that phone, everything else done by Shokka9 and Sector here is way better than that in my opinion off course. Now if you mean and official wm 6.5 samsumg realease for our omnias and that sector or any other chef has cooked it, I dont think so becuase there has not been such a release from samsung yet. I think... :)

slds,

Guest joseph56
The reason you did not get an answer at first is that this subject has been discussed a lot and people are mostly tired of answering the same questions again.

The reasons you did not get an answer later was was: 1. you shouted, and 2. see above.

Since you said you tried to search I will try to give you some thoughts from what I remember from the other posts.

1. There is really no good answer for us that want to use the "Samsung type" dialer pads by turning that on with Favorite Hackings, Adv Config or other ways. That app/routine thinks there has been a page overflow (there has not) due to the now bigger bottom bar and so WM makes a vertical scroll bar. And the wide vertical scroll bar covers up the latest number keyed in in the window above. =All BAD

2. Using the new i8000 dial pad solves above problems but it is hard to turn on speaker when you get a call as I like to do. You have to tap on the Options icon in the bottom bar and then tap on "Speaker On" in the popup menu. Also no Video Call icon(?) =Kinda bad.

3. Or you can use the original WM dial pad or one that goes that way (not many I've found) but I think they are ugly. And also you have the keylock happening with the original dialpad form that many do not like. When you use any cab/routine to kill the keylock you end up back with the "Samsung type" dialpad form. =Also Kinda bad.

4. You can make the vertical bar smaller (number of ways, I use SK tools). But that affects everywhere which can be Bad, but this is what I do =10. ('0' makes scroll bar go away, but everywhere).

I was hoping the latest official rom 6.5.1 that is the basis of the latest cooked roms would fixed all of this. But not to be.

So above are your choices. None of them do it all for me and sounds like not for you either. So you have to choose the path that hurts the least.

Ron...

You can get  MoDaCo Patch Diler,

Guest ronaldb3
You can get MoDaCo Patch Diler,

Hi joseph,

That is what my item #3 was about:

"3. When you use any cab/routine to kill the keylock you end up back with the "Samsung type" dialpad form."

The Modaco Patch is the cab I meant you can use to kill the locking routine. Sorry I was not clearer about that. But did you understand that the Modaco Patch also puts you in the Samsung dialpad format??? And then you get that darn vertical scroll bar, unless you have found a combination that :

1. does not have the keypad lock and

2. also does not have the vertical scroll bar and

3. does have speaker icon on (not grayed out) and

4. does have video call icon on.

If you do, please share how you did that, because that is the combination we are all looking for.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest joseph56
Hi joseph,

That is what my item #3 was about:

"3. When you use any cab/routine to kill the keylock you end up back with the "Samsung type" dialpad form."

The Modaco Patch is the cab I meant you can use to kill the locking routine. Sorry I was not clearer about that. But did you understand that the Modaco Patch also puts you in the Samsung dialpad format??? And then you get that darn vertical scroll bar, unless you have found a combination that :

1. does not have the keypad lock and

2. also does not have the vertical scroll bar and

3. does have speaker icon on (not grayed out) and

4. does have video call icon on.

If you do, please share how you did that, because that is the combination we are all looking for.

Ron...

Hi, I did changed the phone pad to HTC format with Advanced Config and then used the patch. Now when I press send key the phone pad comes up with all the above, No keypad lock, Spesker Icon, Video call Icon, plus phonebook. I like it and very easy to use.

I had the same problem but the SMS fix on the first page fixed that for me, maybe try and install that.

Thanx a lot Razerblade - after the SMS fix outlook works like it's supposed to :) BTW, I would have installed it sooner if the name was Email fix...

Another problem - the HTC location service on the home screen keeps showing weather info for Surry Hills (Australia) whereas I'm on the oposite side of the globe. Downloaded GPS data several times but that didn't help. I can't specify a location by myself, I guess it's added automatically based on where you are in the moment. Any ideas? Anyone had the same problem?

Thanx,

Gorjan

Got a small problem trying to change dial tone...

no file visible to select and then not possible to close dialog box (soft reset to restore initial state)

this could be solve, by a registry hack I suppose does any body knows it ?

thanks

Thanx a lot Razerblade - after the SMS fix outlook works like it's supposed to :) BTW, I would have installed it sooner if the name was Email fix...

Another problem - the HTC location service on the home screen keeps showing weather info for Surry Hills (Australia) whereas I'm on the oposite side of the globe. Downloaded GPS data several times but that didn't help. I can't specify a location by myself, I guess it's added automatically based on where you are in the moment. Any ideas? Anyone had the same problem?

Thanx,

Gorjan

Same problem with the weather on homepage here. I opened register HKLM-Software-HTC-Manila2D-Home edit LocalCity, CountryNam, CountryCode with my values. If you dont know what to fill on, take a look at HKLM-Software-HTC-Manila2D-Weather (only copy this one if your weather tab work well ). Then soft reset and try to update weather again.

Mine work fine now. Hope it could help !

Edited by Anh N.

Guest copperfield
Got a small problem trying to change dial tone...

no file visible to select and then not possible to close dialog box (soft reset to restore initial state)

this could be solve, by a registry hack I suppose does any body knows it ?

thanks

First time I hear :) , everything is fine by me!

First time I hear :) , everything is fine by me!

I am not the only one with this problem...a few newsgroup page before, some guys are talking about it...

I think one registry key is missing or . My regional settings are changed to french, not the default one (eng), could be the prob, but it does not work even if I go back to default.

Guest ronaldb3
Hi, I did changed the phone pad to HTC format with Advanced Config and then used the patch. Now when I press send key the phone pad comes up with all the above, No keypad lock, Spesker Icon, Video call Icon, plus phonebook. I like it and very easy to use.

Joseph, that sounds really great. I am now leaving for a long weekend holiday so will try it when I return.

There is one other thing I forgot to ask about your setup. Are you on one of the latest roms? This 'problem' showed up with us when we went to a wm 6.5 rom that had the slightly taller bottom bar.

Thanks,

Ron...

after 1month with b21852 i flashed my omnia back to one of the new windows 6.5 builds again ... i think its the latest 23064 build.. however.. those new builds are so far completly s***. sry, but if u have to use ur phone every day the older builds are highly recommended imo.

the new builds are so unbelievable slow compared to the 21851 build. its really a ordeal to "play" with the builds....

the few new improvements in this build arent worth to use it lol: startbar on the buttom (nice look, but its s***), startmenu is bit more flexibler, its more fingerfriendy (respect at MS.. LOL), few programs are not working correctly, thanks to new gui (what a nice improvment)... and summary its simply too slow... its vista for mobilephones lol if i had to pay for that "thing" i would laugh at MS as loud as i can.... thats the result of years of development?

thats the new windows mobile?^^ LOL WOW! like everywhere... little steps like this are more like a totally deadlock insteat of a rly improvement. but thats our economic system lol

WOW @ MS ... respect -.- no wonder that i'll never pay for such a rehash.

thats my point.. have to say that.. otherwise i have to break my phone now -.- im pissed off because im at work lol... and.. that thing called "mobilephone" isnt working correctly -.-

flashing back to 21852 when i come home.

have a nice day.

btw: yes we are rdy for new technologys... we are rdy NOW!!!!!!! not just in few years if those money grabbing bastards decides we are ready for new techs... fu***** stereotyped thinking .. come on world... we can do this much more better ... we are so .. underdeveloped.. where is the real progress?!?

k.. now have a nice day.

Edited by Get666

Guest ferrari85
after 1month with b21852 i flashed my omnia back to one of the new windows 6.5 builds again ... i think its the latest 23064 build.. however.. those new builds are so far completly s***. sry, but if u have to use ur phone every day the older builds are highly recommended imo.

While i understand and generally agree with what u say regarding ms's development work, i really don't see the point of posting all of the above in this thread. It doesn't really contribute to this thread in anyway with regards to the development of the rom; u'll be better off creating a new thread for ur opinions.

Regarding the rom: Been one week after flashing, generally stable. However i've noticed the battery drains faster, probably due to the m2d. Also, it'll be great to see some of the recently ported omnia lite apps make their way to future roms (when they are bug free that is)

Again, thanks sector for all u've done.

Guest Mistergino

nice rom, like always, got problems with the msn messenger... the close button dosnt seem to work..... got to close it with the task manager.......

Guest blade87

the new builds are so unbelievable slow compared to the 21851 build. its really a ordeal to "play" with the builds....

the few new improvements in this build arent worth to use it lol: startbar on the buttom (nice look, but its s***), startmenu is bit more flexibler, its more fingerfriendy (respect at MS.. LOL), few programs are not working correctly, thanks to new gui (what a nice improvment)... and summary its simply too slow... its vista for mobilephones lol if i had to pay for that "thing" i would laugh at MS as loud as i can.... thats the result of years of development?

thats the new windows mobile?^^ LOL WOW! like everywhere... little steps like this are more like a totally deadlock insteat of a rly improvement. but thats our economic system lol

WOW @ MS ... respect -.- no wonder that i'll never pay for such a rehash.

thats my point.. have to say that.. otherwise i have to break my phone now -.- im pissed off because im at work lol... and.. that thing called "mobilephone" isnt working correctly -.-

flashing back to 21852 when i come home.

have a nice day.

btw: yes we are rdy for new technologys... we are rdy NOW!!!!!!! not just in few years if those money grabbing bastards decides we are ready for new techs... fu***** stereotyped thinking .. come on world... we can do this much more better ... we are so .. underdeveloped.. where is the real progress?!?

k.. now have a nice day.

I really didn't see the point of your post. First of all, an official 6.5 ROM for the i900 won't ever be released. The original 6.1 is in my opinion too simple looking. It looks like Windows 95 (It's true!). Second, Sector and the others are working hard and the best thing is that they share what they have done with us. Also they do it for free! If you appreciate their work, you can donate a little something to encourage them to continue.

The ROMs here aren't that slow! Everything is optimized to fit with the phone's hardware. In my opinion it is working great! The new menus and taskbar are more finger-friendly. I had to use the stylus or my nails in 6.1 to close a program. That's true that some of the applications aren't working. You said it yourself - "A few" You know that you can post your problems here and Sector will try to fix it. Most of the times he succeeds! It's not our fault that you can't use your phone at it's best! Why did you buy it anyway? I think a Nokia 1100 would be better for you! It will suit you perfectly! What kind of person uses "lol" all the time?

You too have a nice day.

(Maybe these two posts should be deleted in my opinion. I'll let the moderators decide.)

Someone can upload the file named "test" (located in my device, file explorer first folder)...

I deleted it and now there is no more vibration ... Thanks a lot !

Hi,

First sorry if this has been covered before. I done hours of looking around

I'd like to install this rom on my omnia 1900 vodafone branded (PDA : i900XXHJ6/ACHJ2 / PHONE : I900BUHJ1) with 6.1. I'd like 6.5 and for the phone to be better than it is, so after a lot of looking (totally new to this) i think i need to update the current rom to a supported rom before i can flash this cooked rom?

Is that right?

I noticed its had DXIA in the title so assumed that this is the supported one i need?

If can anyone point me in the direction of that rom...I did a search and found this on the forum - http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...m-achj2/#entry0

which suggested to first update the rom to DXHK3 first (to be safe) by following this

-----------------------------

"Go here, and update to DXHJ1

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...re-version-fix/

Then update to DXHK3.

After you got HK3, it is safe now to upgrade to DXIA1."

-------------------

I couldnt find the HK3 (anyone?) and now the latest one on the samsung website isnt DXIA1 (for the singapore country which i assume is the latest) its DZIA5.

I'm not sure if this is compatible with the 6.5 upgrade above, not sure if its safe to jump to the latest one if i change first to DXHK3, which ive found, and dont know if its necessary to update uk vodafone achj2 to the latest singapore firmware before applying a cooked rom update like that one?

Or even if its compatable.

Sorry for the noob questions, but hope you can help

Many thanks for any advice

I am not the only one with this sound problem...a few newsgroup page before, some guys are talking about it...

I think one registry key is missing or . My regional settings are changed to french, not the default one (eng), could be the prob, but it does not work even if I go back to default.

in fact the default location for notification is My storage / My Ringtones...and this location is empty and does not exist !

if you create the folders and copy wma files you will be able to choose end change a ringtone.

now, how to use mp3 as ringtone ??? these type of files are not visibles in the drop down list for ring tone selection !

anybody knows how to active mp3 for ring tones ?

Edited by Ciboul

Guest wickedjinx

figured out the m2d settings. How do you assign the end key to automatically scroll back to the home page on M2D?

Edited by wickedjinx

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been already answered previously but I couldn't find an answer.

I have an issue with Hades v2 where I cannot retrieve weather data when connected through ActiveSync. I can retrieve GPS Xtra data however.

This used to work fine with Hephaistos for both.

So my question: what configuration setting should I change ?

I have tried different settings for 'connections' without finding the correct one.

Thank you very much for your help,

Kako78

Edited by kako78

Guest henrerossouw
in fact the default location for notification is My storage / My Ringtones...and this location is empty and does not exist !

if you create the folders and copy wma files you will be able to choose end change a ringtone.

now, how to use mp3 as ringtone ??? these type of files are not visibles in the drop down list for ring tone selection !

anybody knows how to active mp3 for ring tones ?

Copy the mp3 to My Storage - My Documents and it will then show in the drop down list.

Guest punkmonkey1984
figured out the m2d settings. How do you assign the end key to automatically scroll back to the home page on M2D?

Hopefully someone will inform us :):(

Edited by punkmonkey1984