MDA Vario II/Herm300 White Screen

Guest datasafe

Guest datasafe

Hi guys

Apologies if this has been asked before - my computer fell over a few weeks ago with a root-kit virus and I've only just found the time to get it all sorted!

Anyway, my issue is with my T-Mobile Vario II - I think it's also known as a HERM300. I switched it on the other day and all I got was a white screen! I've tried a hard reset by holding the Camera button + Comm Manager button while pressing the rest button on the bottom, but no joy B) I'm suspecting the screen is shot and needs replacing.

I know the phone is working as when I connect it to my PC, I can remote control it by using SOTI's control software.

So, a couple of questions:

1. Best place to get a screen - what model should I be looking for etc?

2. How does one dismantle the phone to remove and replace the screen?

3. Any other business :(

Thanks in anticipation.

John

Guest penguin

see my replies in this thread

http://www.modaco.com/content/hermes-herme...0-white-screen/

:(

Edit:

i had this problem with my Vario 2 & all i needed to do was slide out the keyboard & flip the device over so the screen is face down & loosen the screws on the back of the screen. (I think there's 2?)

Hope this helps

i didn't need to unscrew the screws by much, like a turn if that, apparently it's a common fault & something to do with pressure. there's a whole thread about the White Screen issue over on the Hermes section @ XDA Devs somewhere, i'll try & find the URL
Edited by penguin

• 4 months later...
Guest celica1.8st

Thank you for posting that info, I just popped on here as I too had the white screen problem - two seconds later and it was all fixed.

I loosened them both by quarter of a turn. Hopefully it'll keep my 2 year old phone going a little longer.

It also seems to have fixed another problem I had been having for a few months, and that was a high pitch noise coming from the screen.

So thank you very much ;)