Email sync

Guest monkeyhanger

Guest monkeyhanger

Hello Everyone,

New on here just need a bit of help,

Just aquired a SPV M3100 so I can get my emails from work when I am out of the office.

I got a 3G pay as you go sim card to use in the SPV that means I can turn my company mobile off (Thank God) but use my SPV to keep in touch with whats going on via email great really.

However I Put £5 credit on my pay as you go sim card yesterday & already I have not got any credit left???.

I have not used the SPV to call anyone all I have done is recieve emails from work I have only read the text and not downloaded any attachments.

Do you get charged for recieving emails or have I got it set up incorrectly.

Please Advise.

Guest Neil5459
Hello Everyone,

New on here just need a bit of help,

Just aquired a SPV M3100 so I can get my emails from work when I am out of the office.

I got a 3G pay as you go sim card to use in the SPV that means I can turn my company mobile off (Thank God) but use my SPV to keep in touch with whats going on via email great really.

However I Put £5 credit on my pay as you go sim card yesterday & already I have not got any credit left???.

I have not used the SPV to call anyone all I have done is recieve emails from work I have only read the text and not downloaded any attachments.

Do you get charged for recieving emails or have I got it set up incorrectly.

Please Advise.

If you are using a '3' PAYG SIM card, you must make sure you buy an Internet 'add-on' which you can get from the online account management system accessible via a PC. A one month internet add-on costs £5 and has to be redone at the end of the 30 day period. This has a fair use allowance of 1GB.

Email will use a certain amount of data, so it depends on how many you received or sent. Also, the Send/Receive process itself uses some data. '3' charge £2 per MB for data if you don't have an Add-on so it can soon add up.

Guest penguin

you'll be getting charged per MB downloaded so even though you're not downloading any attachments, the text of the email will still all add up if you're getting quite a few emails.

Ideally you want a sim with an "unlimited" data connection. What the networks are offering however I don't know as I've not had a good look recently but I'm sure someone will be along soon enough to help recommend something.