omnia rom updater

Guest ricey

Guest ricey

hi all new to the website and would like some help.

i just bought a vodafone branded omnia and it is currently running achh3, just wanted to know if i updated to achj2 using the samsung updater would i finally lose all the vodafone branding?

Thanks for any info you guys can offer, and sorry if its been posted elsewhere but cant seem to find it.

Lee

Edited by ricey

Guest shokka9

NO.

Thats why you have to put in the code, so it can give you the voda branded update...

Use custom ROMs, they are much better :(

hi all new to the website and would like some help.

i just bought a vodafone branded omnia and it is currently running achh3, just wanted to know if i updated to achj2 using the samsung updater would i finally lose all the vodafone branding?

Thanks for any info you guys can offer, and sorry if its been posted elsewhere but cant seem to find it.

Lee

yes it will. :(

Guest ricey
NO.

Thats why you have to put in the code, so it can give you the voda branded update...

Use custom ROMs, they are much better :(

only really want to put official samsung rom onto it just want rid of all this vodafone extras they are doing my head in. is there a way of getting round it?

Guest shokka9

yeah, you could overwrite all the files (like Ani_Poweron.gif etc....) That will debrand it mostly, but really...

You want to look at the 'incorrect software version' threads....

Also, goto Samsung site, say tyou are from Singapore (or Philipines) and download the latest DXIA5 firmware.

Using the info in the thread mentioned above, you will be able to get the lastes Official Update onto your Omnia.

Good Luck. Other than thatm you will have to use the Voda ACHJ update.

Guest ricey
yeah, you could overwrite all the files (like Ani_Poweron.gif etc....) That will debrand it mostly, but really...

You want to look at the 'incorrect software version' threads....

Also, goto Samsung site, say tyou are from Singapore (or Philipines) and download the latest DXIA5 firmware.

Using the info in the thread mentioned above, you will be able to get the lastes Official Update onto your Omnia.

Good Luck. Other than thatm you will have to use the Voda ACHJ update.

is it just as risky upgrading to dxia5 as it is to achj2? or is dxia5 more risky due to it not being a vodafone rom? will it cause my omnia to brick?

Guest ricey

ive tried using the code found on this forum to change configuration but when i enter it nothing happens am i doing something wrong?

Edited by ricey

Guest ricey

right ive been looking around the forum and im completely confused (dont take much lol) any way can anyone guide me step by step to upgrading to the singapore rom? really begining to despise this firmware at the min. had to switch my phone on and off 3 times. totally unacceptable.

Cheers to anyone who can help me.

lee