Facebook for Windows Mobile application leaked - from Microsoft?

Guest Monolithix

Guest Monolithix
thumb_08-Mar-2009_Screen02.png
Facebook fans, take note: this app is actually worth checking out. Windows Mobile has been sorely lacking in a full featured and decent looking Facebook app, now it seems it will constitute one of the new features in at least one WinMo 6.5 update ROM. The guys over at XDA-Developers have managed to rip it from a pre-release ROM and cab it up for all to enjoy, including support for both Professional and Standard devices and all resolutions!

The interface has undertones of HTCs Touchflo3d, with finger friendly tabs at the top mimicing the Facebook interface: home, profile, friends, inbox and, one of my favourite features, a phonebook (where all friends sharing their mobile number are collated). Almost all of the standard interface content is available, in nice, small-screen formatted pages. Pictures can be uploaded (one at a time) from your device, or captured on the fly, and tagged in your mobile uploads album. Unfortunately though in this beta build kinetic scrolling is flakey and you can not swipe between tabs or images.

The about screen shows a Microsoft copyright. If this is the case then it shows a significant step forward in the MS mentality of interface design. This app has a clear, intuitive feel to it, that fits in nicely between the "classic" Windows Mobile look and feel and the newer 3rd-party finger friendly interfaces.

It's available on xda-developers here, take a look and let us know your thoughts below!

Guest rav1patel

been using it for a few days and have mixed feelings. the UI is great and its does pretty much everything but the performace is a bit flakey. it duplicates notifications so when i have three pokes it doubles them to six. also my read messages keep getting unmarked as read. even after reading them multiple times. overall i still love it and i'm sure these things will get sorted out.

i still think it'a a joke how long this has taken to come out. considering how long windows mobile has been out and how quickly other platforms go a facebook app its pathetic. i', on my 6th HTC in a row and these are the sort of things that are starting to make me look towards the Jesus phone. and i'm actually looking for reasons not to go for one.

Guest matt_bomber

this acctually works on the useless orange spv e650 ..SHOCKING! also if your on orange pay as you go dolphin if doesnt cost a thing for data !!! even though u can clearly see this app uses a lot more data than facebook mobile on internet explorer mobile

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.