i617 disassembly how-to request

Guest stallard

Guest stallard

Hi! I'm having a tough time taking apart my Blackjack 2/i617. I have removed 6 tiny screws and can't seem to take it apart any further. Does anyone have either some tips or a link to a how-to?

Much appreciated!

Guest stallard

just found this: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=24805

still having trouble with this step though:

5. Using a small standard screw driver, starting from the bottom corner, pry between the front piece and the silver surrounding bezel to separate them. Pry the silver bezel away from the body of the phone. This will separate the back cover and silver bezel from the chassis and front cover.

I can't seem to pry them apart, I must be doing something wrong...

Ok, got it. Sorry for the wasted post... it worked free after messing with it for a while.

Edited by stallard

Guest konker

5. Using a small standard screw driver, starting from the bottom corner, pry between the front piece and the silver surrounding bezel to separate them. Pry the silver bezel away from the body of the phone. This will separate the back cover and silver bezel from the chassis and front cover.

Ok, got it. Sorry for the wasted post... it worked free after messing with it for a while.

Glad that you got it to open.

For the record, I found out that the bottom of the BJII is easiest to split apart after the screws have been removed.

If you have long thumbnails (about 5mm), this should do the work of letting you split the rest of the BJII rear casing from the chasis.

Start from the bottom & work your way around.

There is some resistance at the top from the area around the power switch & earpiece.

Once that is settled, the rest is easy.

• 1 month later...
Guest marcee202

ok just planning on replacing covers and keypad do i need to disconnect antenna lcd tabs and speaker connecter etc or can i do without

Edited by marcee202

Guest konker
ok just planning on replacing covers and keypad do i need to disconnect antenna lcd tabs and speaker connecter etc or can i do without

The PCB (printer circuit board) of the QWERTY keyboard & LCD screen are attached to the alloy sub-frame so if all you need to do is replace the external casing & keypad, you do not need to remove any cable. You can lift of the whole sub-frame with all the internal electronic parts intact but pay attention to the earphone speaker & microphone & especially the protrusions along the sub-frame that holds it down to the front casing.

Once that is out, you should be good to go.

One word of advice, try to keep your fingers off the LCD screen & the inside of the transparent window of the front casing as the fingerprints can be quite difficult to clean off without leaving scratches on the front window.

• 8 months later...
Guest Errantsun

My d'pad doesn't seem to want to work for the down side. up, left and right work fine. I too got stuck on step 5 but nothing I did could get them apart and since the phone is black I don't seem to have a chrome bezel. I did succeed in bending the bottom of the front cover where the key board is, around the function and backspace keys.

Any ideas?