Question about possibility of i910 roms.

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

With all of the cooking going on for the i900, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what breaks it in the rom (other than a lame "it's different hardware"). I know there are 4 parts, (phone.bin, PDA.bin, loader.bin and os.bin) and most of the work goes into the os 'part' of the rom, correct? If it were possible to get the other 3 parts, and replace the i900 rom with the phone, PDA and loader, would it be possible to run a cooked rom? Or is there also a problem with the drivers. Or is it just one part (phone.bin for example) that causes it to break. I haven't been following the cooking a whole lot, but once we can get the i910 into the rom game, I would like to learn how to make them (once someone creates a kitchen), so that I can make custom roms.

Thanks,

-WoZZeR

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest Stevenh

The phone hardware is very different so you can't use the i900 phone.bin, the drivers will probably be different to some extent so you probably won't be able to use the same bootloader, xip or pda portions. Updating the bootloader would probably brick your phone, hence no-one will dare flash i900 boot to i910.

Steven