Flashing Official ROM

Guest TimMun

Guest TimMun

Hi There,

*Before I started this topic I first of course searched the forum*

I am trying to flash the latest official rom on my Omnia just to try it out. Right now I have a custom rom installed.

When I open the program to update it says: "Incorrect Software Version". Even though I changed my omnia to Singapore with the standard operator.

Could the problem be that I have a Dutch omnia, because I saw that changing to Singapore didnt help on the German version and perhaps German and Dutch omnia's are a bit alike?

Anyone know what this could be?

Thanks!

Edited by TimMun

Guest LABRODRIGO

Hi, i had the same problem, "Incorrect Software Version".

My omnia is from Philippines (i download DXIA5) and i had a custom rom installed.

I changed my device to Singapore, from forum

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...re-version-fix/

and

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...rsion-tutorial/

but none worked.

Change setings back to Philippines.

Then i changed the version in the registry for the original version of the latest update (DXHK3) and worked!

Hope that helps.

change HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion from CUSTON to DXHK3 (update to official DXIA5)

Guest TimMun

Thanks for the reply LABRODRIGO.

Didn't work really well tbh, B)

I got the point that I could flash the official but then the program asked me to manually turn on my phone but wouldnt turn on.... now it asks for "Monahans" drivers when I try to turn it on... uhmmm.... I'm screwed! :(

Only thing I can do now is send it to a service center from what I read?

Thanks

Edited by TimMun

Guest TimMun
Thanks for the reply LABRODRIGO.

Didn't work really well tbh, :(

I got the point that I could flash the official but then the program asked me to manually turn on my phone but wouldnt turn on.... now it asks for "Monahans" drivers when I try to turn it on... uhmmm.... I'm screwed! :(

Only thing I can do now is send it to a service center from what I read?

Thanks

UPDATE: I called Samsung a moment ago and they told me I can stop by theyre service center tomorrow to get it fixed! B)

Guest Tissaya

Reading instruction is necessary, but what if something goes wrong anyway? Before I flashed my Omnia for the first time, I read a dozen threads here, on xda and on another forums. I tried to flash the official SAHJ3 ROM and I did everything according to instructions, but anyway after first file was copied to my Omnia, a blinking message appeared in the lower pane of the updater: Please manually turn on the device. I instantly googled for this message, but apart from a mere uninteresting 5 or 6 pages, there was no helpful source of info what should I do. Pressing the power button didn't help, and my Omnia still displayed standard "Samsung OMNIA" logo. Finally I soft rebooted it, and flashing process continued.

So, could you show me the instruction where I can read about this specific problem and soft reboot solution?

And speaking about "Incorrect software version" again - soon after I flashed to SAHJ3, I wanted to change ROM to DXIA5. Again did everything what I found on many threads (changing to Singapore or Philippines, changing registry version, hex modifying the updater), but without success. Then I decided to do 'intermediate update' with DXHJ1. Flashing was succesful, and after this I was able to update with DXIA5 without version problem.

Guest TimMun
Another bricked omnia. You should read instructions first!!!

The process is simple if you do it right.

That is not the problem mate, I've done it many many times without a problem. Just went wrong.

Edited by TimMun

Guest TimMun

Also an update on my bricked omnia, I previously said that I could go to samsung to get it repaired...wich I found out they couldnt when I came there.

Now, I ordered THIS a couple of days ago. My dad uses JTAG Boundary Scan at his job all the time and could insert a new boot on the mainboard with it.

Edited by TimMun

Guest js3339
What exactly did the guys at samsung tell you? 'Custom FW thus not able to repair for you' ?

I think they aren't able to tell whether there is a Custom ROM or not when the phone is "Monahans", not sure about that though.

Guest cirrus888

I've just bought a Taiwanese Omnia 8G i908

PDA i908ZUHJ4

Phone i908ZHHJ1

Now there are no number after the first PDA set of numbers (i908ZUHJ4) all I have are those numbers.

I can not flash it by changing the operator and country code.

There are no registry numbers for me to edit (its blank after HKCU\ControlPanel\Version (NO CustomVersion to be found thus I cannot change anything))

I've also tried various grandprix methods but none work they all say fail to detect device.

On top of that I have no access to windows xp only vista.

I'm I stuck up "poo creek" (i.e. a chinese version of WM6.1)

I honestly thought I had enough ways to convert to English OS and that is why I bought it yesterday for 400 GBP.